Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
How shitty will the PC port be?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
project_beast-2701929.jpg

:d1p:

Machocruz

Arcane
My gut is telling me this game is going to disappoint, which is the exact opposite feeling I had when Demon's Souls was revealed for the very first time, and when I watched Dark Souls previews. The more I see, gameplay wise, the less enthused I become. The look and the designs are great, but meh otherwise.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Where there's money, they will port it!

From Software will never port Bloodborn or Demon's Souls to PC because the IPs belong to SCE and SCE publishes exclusively for Sony consoles.

Dark Souls franchise belongs to From Software therefore they can do whatever they want with it.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
My gut is telling me this game is going to disappoint, which is the exact opposite feeling I had when Demon's Souls was revealed for the very first time. The more I see, gameplay wise, the less enthused I become. The look and the designs are great, but meh otherwise.

I have the same feeling.

The world looks artificially grim and without appeal for me. But my biggest gripe is the fact that they ditched the combat system from DaS/DeS.

“We were already thinking of a shift to a combat system where you would enter battle more actively than the sword and shield-based combat of Demon’s. So we adopted the idea of guns, but there was a prerequisite that we didn’t want the game to turn into a shooting game, and the Victorian age fit perfectly. It’s an era where the imagery of old guns still remains.”

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
18 minute video. Game looks good in general, but the camera during the boss fight didn't feel good. I guess locking on to bigger foes is a no-no.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Bloodborne does look like it would be fun, but I don't want to shell out $400 for a PS4.

ColCol

Arcane
So, how disappointing will guns be in this game:

KOTOR 1 disappointing or Arcanum disappointing?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, how disappointing will guns be in this game:

KOTOR 1 disappointing or Arcanum disappointing?
Guns aren't your main way of attacking. It's more of a sub weapon that you can use to interrupt enemies, etc.

-FPS cutscene in mah souls game?
-Looks like they pooled all of their next-gen resources into blood effects. Some shit looks as flat as DaS2.
-Interface looks a lot like DeS
-OMG finally some equip/inventory screen stuff

First impression of the setting isn't really drawing me in. Environment looks really cluttered and I'm not seeing much level/encounter design so far.

Doesn't matter, I'm sure it's amazing and based Miyazaki is bringing back the glory of DeS etc etc. I guess I'll find out in a few years when PS4 is on sale for $159.99.

:troll:

Machocruz

Arcane
-FPS cutscene in mah souls game?
-Looks like they pooled all of their next-gen resources into blood effects. Some shit looks as flat as DaS2.

Game sll looks nice to me, but compare the lighting and surface reflections in the above and any of the recent gameplay videos to the Gamescom 2014 trailer. The latter shows deeper shadows and more contrast, stronger highlights on reflective surfaces. Fucking consoles.

There appears to be a day/night cycle, or they changed the aesthetic of this area.

I really don't give a shit about teh graffix though.

Edit: female voice in the beginning sounds like Maiden In Black... Possibly extreme pandering to DeSfags detected?

Last edited:

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Environment looks really cluttered and I'm not seeing much level/encounter design so far.
The level design should be nice. I played the demo with the same piece, that was demonstrated by IGN. That piece of district had a lot of side streets and closed gates/doors, though it may seem linear in the video, because the guy didn't explore much.

There appears to be a day/night cycle, or they changed the aesthetic of this area.

I really don't give a shit about teh graffix though.
They probably changed the aesthetic, because in the demo the sky was dark (the night sky) and here it's orange.

About the graphics - I believe it looked more impressive in the first screenshots and videos. It's preety much the same as DaS II on PC. That's pretty lame, you buy a "next gen" console and at least expect some nice graphics.

The level design should be nice. I played the demo with the same piece, that was demonstrated by IGN. That piece of district had a lot of side streets and closed gates/doors, though it may seem linear in the video, because the guy didn't explore much.

Yeah I re-watched this with fullscreen/1080 whatever and the guy does ignore too much stuff. Hopefully they learned their lessons from DaS2 corridor areas.

That's pretty lame, you buy a "next gen" console and at least expect some nice graphics.

Switch from 720p to 1080p is all you're getting m8 :dance:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom