Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Bloodborne goes diablo with procedurally generated dungeons. Not sure if it is a good idea for this game.

toroid

Arcane
http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/6/73...haracter-customziation-playstation-experience
Miyazaki also promised extensive character customization, saying that the options players expect from a role-playing game — different weapons, faces, items and equipment — would be present in Bloodborne. He added that customization features that are "very unique" to Bloodborne would be in the game, but added no further detail.

This is the most recent and detailed information I can find about character customization. I have yet to see anything confirming that stat customization is in. Is there no long-term commitment to character builds in this game? Is meaningful customization limited to equipment swapping? I have been getting the impression that this is a faster paced, more casual and accessible action game. If this is going to be a queefy casul experience then I'm back to having zero reasons for eventually getting a ps4.

Athelas

Arcane
Do you really think stats make an action game more 'hardcore'? I guess that makes Morrowind's 'it looks like a hit but it's a miss' battles the epitome of first-person melee combat. Injecting RPG elements into everything is arguably a popamole feature of recent years.

Grim Monk

Arcane
Any chance this game will ever be released on PC?
It's published/financed by Sony, so likely never. :negative:

Though you'll presumably be able to emulate it in a decade or so.

I'm an optimist, emulators will be eventually made...

Plus there is the chance "Sony" might the way "SEGA" in the future...

(Hopefully all the present console hardware makers will go the way of "SEGA"...)
I drink a toast :excellent: to it being so...

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Demons Souls was not released on PC , so before Bloodborne DS need to come first,,,,,, so we may see Bloodborne on PC in 15 years.......on emulators

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
From vids the combat seems a lot more faster and arcade compared to dark souls.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So, for the people who tried the demo: there are actually stats in it or is it pure action?
The one I played didn't have any, and also no inventory. There were 3 pre-generated characters with different weapons/clothes. But I'm sure the final version will have stat|inventory management and the demo was made to show the reworked battle system and controls.

TheGreatOne

Arcane
(Hopefully all the present console hardware makers will go the way of "SEGA"...)
Nintendo can stay, they ain't causin' any harm. Neither was SEGA for that matter. It's console manufacturers who aren't entirely video game companies that are the problem.
Even if Bloodborne turns out to be dumbed down casual popamole, there's still a great engine that can be used for Dark Souls III(?). And the fact that the Masterrace can shit all over Playstation again.
What makes you think that they'll port Dark Souls 3 to PC if Bloodborne stays PS4 exclusive and they both use the same engine?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Is Miyazaki going to be involved in DS3 as well? Or is Dark Souls now going to be the shit Souls series?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Dark Souls seems to be the souls for the masses cuz its on xbawx........ the ps exclusives are the real souls, meaning Demons and Bloodborne.

Demons was much much harder than DS 1, and DS 2 was so easy compared to DS 1 it's not even funny.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Bloodborne isn't even out bro, and DS 1 was gud, so stop the derp.

It's not like you'll ever be satisfied with anything anyways, LS.

I was pretty satisfied with DS1, but when i tried DS2 i noticed a sudden drop in quality. Didn't get far into the game, just pocked around for a bit, but the level design was all over the place and i thought the game actually looked worse for some reason.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom