Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

That would explain why neogaf is sperging all over this game. those retards still claim that DeS bosses are better based solely on their aesthethic design :retarded:

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well if it is true and the bosses where bugged and they are more interesting in the real release of the game then i think i might get my hands on it and a PS4 (need to get my Guilty Gear on)

Murk

Arcane
I haven't played Demon's Souls, so I have no nostalgia about it.

If I were to give an admittedly half-blind recommendation to someone, I'd say it as such.

Do not buy a ps4 JUST for bloodborne

If you already have a ps4, bloodborne is probably worth the 50-60 dollar pricetag in terms of "Hours of fun per dollar spent" you'd get

Machocruz

Arcane
Game is going to suffer from over analysis for a lot of people. They'll be wishing for the early Demon's Souls days, when they didn't know much about it and bought it simply because it looked interesting.

Like Kanedias said, From is and has always been an 'almost there' developer. All their games have rough edges, and this is part of why they are interesting. But after Souls, people have elevated them into a sphere where their games have to stand next to bland but extremely polished fare. They are still a AA developer to me.

Lol they are as solid as my daily stool.

Anyway the butthurt over this game that its not just vampires/werewolves but cthulhu and actual aliens is fucking awesome :smug:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
There ARE shields after all !

esp6HNe.png

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Last edited:

toroid

Arcane
Bloodborne is Lovecraftian? Really? I didn't get the memo.

If they had marketed it as Lovecraft-inspired horror the whole thing would have made a lot more sense, and my understanding of it would be a lot different. But the Japanese can't into marketing worth a shit, so..

Murk

Arcane
It's definitely lovecraftian. Tentacle fiends, the 19th century setting, the emphasis on dreams and alien monsters (literally and metaphorically alien). There are also straight up deep ones.

It may not be a 1:1 -- you never fight a Cthulhu Beast, but there are at least 3 different monsters that are all variations of cthulhu-face.

vague prediction regarding plot:

this is all a bad dream

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I wonder if the day one patch will include stuff that might be missing so as to deter people getting it early.

Also, is it safe to call this Cthulhu Souls?

Machocruz

Arcane
Interest in game rises again. Why not aliens or science-fiction? It worked for Wizardry and Might and Magic.

That's the kind of nuts that I miss from mainstream games. Combinations that have little to do with each other, or things that make no sense, like finding a skateboard inside of an egg on a tropical island (Wonder Boy/Adventure Island.)

Kanedias

Savant
So it turns out that some Chalice Dungeon bosses are rehashed from the main game (they're even called the same). Wingman is fighting a clone of
Ebrietas Daughter of the Cosmos
now. It seems to have improved AI because when he fought the original boss, he was able to easily get behind it and DPS it down, but now this version keeps turning and zoning him away. It also seems to have more HP and damage. It makes me wish this version was the main boss and not the optional one.

It seems the real boss challenge lies in the Chalice Dungeon and maybe NG+

Last edited:

Murk

Arcane
Given the potential for symmetry, the little teenage metalhead in me is very upset the 'bloodborne' logo isn't made to be visually symmetrical like a black metal band's logo

EDIT: healing is a bit of a joke. blood vials seem to always heal about 40-45% of your hp (not sure if it's naturally just a % or if it's buffed by a rune), and they're cheap and wayyyy too fast to use.

I donno man, somehow DS 2 fucked up by having wayyy too many life gems (and they were purchasable) but at least they took forever to heal you. This is kind of the weirdest integration of limit ala estus but you still have to buy them + can farm them.

Murk

Arcane
So there's a boss

named 'keeper of the old lords'

who is wearing a witch's hat (usual one) with gold trimmed black robes

that uses fire magic (combustion, most notably) and a katana

YOU GUYS REMEMBER DARK SOULS 1

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
So there's a boss

named 'keeper of the old lords'

who is wearing a witch's hat (usual one) with gold trimmed black robes

that uses fire magic (combustion, most notably) and a katana

YOU GUYS REMEMBER DARK SOULS 1

And there is that troll souls.

Hahaha oh man... One of the chalice dungeons has variations of the same big fat tanky dude... Wingman is going against the ultra-fast naked rolling giant mace variation. He literally moves and rolls faster than you do and swings the mace faster than you swing your weapon. 1-2 shots all around and it's not even a boss. This is Hammer Drakekeeper 69240.0

Here's the gif:
giphy.gif

Edit: So I'm not 100% sure but apparently the chalice dungeons that come with the game are designed that way and aren't random. It seems that once the online portion gets going, there will be random ones generated. You have to grind materials in these dungeons to unlock more dungeons which you can then share with other players or some shit. So far i've seen different chalice dungeons having the same room layout but with different textures and stuff.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom