Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
That's massive trolling by from.

Alfons

Prophet
Fucking Brandon.
Why in the fuck would you want a 125 sl meta when there is no equip burden, magic or shields?
But then again, this is the same dumbass that wanted a 150 sl meta because of agility only to run hex buff builds that used ADP as a dump stat.:retarded:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
men i am ascending as we speak

the only problem is the fucking loading screens lol jesus christ

Murk

Arcane
literally dozens of streams -- one of which as liek 18 k viewers now and all the big name souls stream figs are all over it

I'm still backin' ma boy wingman tho -- he isn't the bro we deserve, but he is the bro we need

get spoiled bitches

on the last boss, don't click if you are a storyline loser

the blood queen attacks you with teh bloooooooooooodddd you get perioded at, seriously

earlier i made a joke saying "lol get ready for great clotted blood arrow" and oh god i was too close to home with that shit

also you get an aborted baby because ultimate in edginess

Last edited:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
first boss down. took me longer than it should have because i'm having a bit of difficulty adapting to the new gameflow (stuck in dark souls mindset)

Alfons

Prophet
the blood queen attacks you with teh bloooooooooooodddd you get perioded at, seriously

earlier i made a joke saying "lol get ready for great clotted blood arrow" and oh god i was too close to home with that shit

Eh... So the queen is the end boss? I thought the wheelchair dude is.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
first boss down. took me longer than it should have because i'm having a bit of difficulty adapting to the new gameflow (stuck in dark souls mindset)

Huh, so, im pretty sure that was actually the second boss I killed - just beat what I think was the actual first boss. So, 2 bosses down

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/bloodborne

Metacritic score are pretty fucking high, average critic review 93 and 8.4 user

the lowest critic review so far is 80 and this was their complaints

• Aggressively-minded but feels restrictive with builds
  • Camera and lock-on issues
  • Blood vials not as great as Estus Flasks
  • Firearm counter not that reliable
  • Long loading times, can't jump between lamps in one shot

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Yeah but DSII also scored higher than either DaS or DeS. I have less faith in critics to go against the hype train than in the unwashed masses tbh.

By an hour in I was already getting a sinking feeling about DSII. How are first impressions bros?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Yeah but DSII also scored higher than either DaS or DeS. I have less faith in critics to go against the hype train than in the unwashed masses tbh.

By an hour in I was already getting a sinking feeling about DSII. How are first impressions bros?

I've finished 2 bosses. It's very very good. Wear headphones (yes, with your television) if you don't have a crazy surround speaker system, the sound design is top notch.

Problems I have with it:

- Acquiring blood vials for retrying boss fights is pretty lame
- Stupidly long load times, and they couldn't be bothered to even give you something to read like in the souls games.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Stupidly long load times, and they couldn't be bothered to even give you something to read like in the souls games.

I heard about a day 1 patch coming, how are you playing it, the release is tomorrow :hmmm:

Murk

Arcane

Eh... So the queen is the end boss? I thought the wheelchair dude is.

in the dungeon she's the last boss, drops 'yharnam stone' which is a crystalized fetus skeleton in a red stone -- in terms of going to NG+ cycles it's the dude in the wheel chair cuz i guess poetic ending --> cut to moonlight beheading and you waking up from the bad dream [i can't believe i was right with the bad dream bullshit]

It's released 'Tuesday' -- it's been 'Tuesday' for half the world for over 24 hours now

I'm not gonna buy the game/system, so my opinion comes from its own source of bias, but from watching stuff I'm not particularly impressed. I'm not sure how the pvp scene will be -- but so far I honestly think DS 2 wins in terms of interactivity and cleverness (things you can do, viable combinations, play styles, options in general, or even stuff like water in the environment actually mattering). I think a big part of BB's appeal is gonna be the art style and visuals with a lot of the gameplay being worse than DS 2.

Yes, I know, borderline heresy, but that's what it seems like from watching (arguably) the entire game. Nowhere near the same as playing it, obviously, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

toroid

Arcane
wyM0wfH.jpg

Is it weird that Sony lost the rights to the Bloodborne trademark?

Alfons

Prophet
With all due respect to Phage I'd take his opinion with a heavy grain of salt for 2 reasons:
1)He's a DSII fan, I'd go as far as say borderline fanboy.
2)He was defending this game before it came out .
[i can't believe i was right with the bad dream bullshit]
Don't worry. That doesn't sound nearly as convoluted and vague as it should be. I'm certain the final explanation will be more like this:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
1)He's a DSII fan, I'd go as far as say borderline fanboy.

Welcome to bizarro world where some brain damaged Euro imagines that I have opinions I do not possess.

Maybe you should know what the fuck you're talking about before launching random ad hominems.

Alfons

Prophet
Welcome to bizarro world where some brain damaged Euro imagines that I have opinions I do not possess.

Maybe you should know what the fuck you're talking about before launching random ad hominems.
It seems I confused you with someone else.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet

It seems I confused you with someone else.

Anyway, my opinion on Dark Souls 2 is that it's a pretty solid game, especially with the DLC, but it's not nearly as good as Demon's/Dark Souls.

As for me defending BB, I mostly explained why removing shields/magic isn't really a bad thing.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Magic broke the PvP in ds 2, without magic the PvP will be much more balanced in BB i guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom