Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

Are you guys enjoying chromatic aberration (which cannot be turned off)? :smug:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
So far my only criticism is that if you get stuck on a boss, you are forced to farm vials as you run out of them. Having to grind them pissed me off when I was fighting Amelia.

what do you know, the only other person who actually owns the game and got past the first couple bosses understands exactly what I was talking about :cool:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Uhhh huh. Hyrstrix didn't even own a ps4 until bloodborne got released, m8, and he was struggling to get gestures right. He killed a humanoid enemy (basic mob) and got 3 vials. Or fuckit, whatever, let's pretend it was 2. Who cares -- the point is that you can get multiple healing items per trash mob you kill and there are _tons_ of trash mobs.

Ok, guy got an extremely abnormal drop. Also, going off of what you said, that would indicate he was at the beginning of the game, which we established isn't where the real blood vial issues kick in - they kick in around boss 3-4 and probably taper off later. We've also established that you can farm the area with humanoid enemies for 5-15 minutes to restock. We also established that I believe that's fucking retarded that you have to sit through 3-5 loading screens depending on where you were, and then go through all of that. Ends up being a 10-20 minute process in total depending on your drop luck just to get your stock back up so you can go do the fight again. Git established.

And ffs, you argue all that only to then agree with me that the blood vials are a bad healing system. What?

Hurr? I'm literally saying that one of my only 2 major issues with the game is the blood vial system. Of course I'm fucking agreeing that it's a bad system, what a crazy concept!

Anyway, in terms of failing to see the point -- yeah see, I'm just reporting my observations. In terms of not buying a ps4 to play... I have 3 family members that all own ps4s that I can easily borrow and rent the game to play. This isn't really a "I don't own it therefor it has to suck for me to be OK with missing out" -- I can spend 15 minutes today and get the game and play as much as I like.

Once again, you've completely and utterly failed to miss the point. I'm simply saying that you and UB rebuking my claim that the blood vial system sucks dick when you fuck up on a boss is plain silly when you're making these claims based off of what some streamers did.

I'm glad you're having fun m8, you don't have to defend yourself to what I say. My posts aren't always just aimed at you, they're just here as part of the whole 'discussion' this thread is supposed to be about.

Ok m8, I'm glad that you're glad that I'm having fun, but if you're going to tell me that one of my biggest issues with the game being the farming of vials for bosses is invalid because "some streamer got 3 drops from a guy!!", then I'm going to explain to why you're wrong.

Murk

Arcane
Son, I never said your complaint of 'blood vial farming' is invalid or let alone commented on your opinion of it -- I just brought up what I saw; that they are seemingly easy to farm, and then immediately said they should have stuck to estus.

I also never used exclamation marks in my previous post, but then you don't actually care about what I said or that it wasn't aimed at you (like I mentioned in my previous post) you seem to have some imaginary argument for me.

What was your comment about bizzaro land where some Euro mistook what you said?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Son, I never said your complaint of 'blood vial farming' is invalid or let alone commented on your opinion of it -- I just brought up what I saw; that they are seemingly easy to farm, and then immediately said they should have stuck to estus.

I also never used exclamation marks in my previous post, but then you don't actually care about what I said or that it wasn't aimed at you (like I mentioned in my previous post) you seem to have some imaginary argument for me.

What was your comment about bizzaro land where some Euro mistook what you said?

Looks like you just got served a healthy dose of FREEDOM mister Murk Euro!

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
As for the actual game, did a chalice dungeon, or at least a floor of one. Nifty, but nothing too mind blowing - to be expected I suppose.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Average user score is now 9.0 on metacritic and critic 93

in comparison

Demons 89 user 8.7
Dark souls 89 critic 8.6 user
DS 2 91 critic 8.2 user

seems bloodborne is the best? :M

Last edited:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Some of the later areas, the forbidden woods in particular, start bleeding blood vials left and right - this is likely why that guy had maxed out vials, I've been starting to accumulate quite a few extras myself.

Doesn't really help for the first few parts of the game though. Ultimately, they should have gone with the estus system - maybe allowing you to refill a flask if you pull off a Visceral attack or something (since they obviously wanted the vials to be accumulated over the course of long levels without the need for rest)

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Welp. Either I got gud or the game got comparatively easy, because I'm now kind of breezing through it. Just finished boss number 7 and will start number 8 after a break. I beat bosses 5 and 7 on my first try and 6 on the second. In fact, boss 4 wasn't that rough either. Only boss #3 really made me try more than 3 times, which was when I had to farm vials.

One thing that's nice though is the focus of this game isn't really on the bosses. It's more about the huge environments - though nothing has been as treacherous as Sen's first time through, or Shrine of Amana pre-nerf. So far this entry has the larges level/boss ratio of the series. Still really loving it. It's an extremely beautiful game in motion, even if the textures are ugly.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Loving it so far, though I've only beaten the Cleric Beast. Looks like I'm not gonna be regretting my PS4 purchase anytime soon.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Morgoth just cave in already and go and purchase dat damn ps4, you know you want to, your inner consoletard demands it.

Rolk's Drifter

Scholar
Phage Have you tried online yet?

With regards to the health system, I think it's because of the regain mechanic. From what I've seen people are still playing with a traditional Souls mindset. I.e when they take a damage from mobs, they roll away and heal rather than hitting back and restoring health that way.

Has anyone here with the game tried an arcane build yet?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Phage Have you tried online yet?

With regards to the health system, I think it's because of the regain mechanic. From what I've seen people are still playing with a traditional Souls mindset. I.e when they take a damage from mobs, they roll away and heal rather than hitting back and restoring health that way.

Has anyone here with the game tried an arcane build yet?

I have the items to do online, but I haven't used them. I personally don't really believe in co-op'ing a souls game on the first playthrough, really cheapens the experience for me.

Haven't been invaded either, so I can't really comment on that.

As for arcane - it appears to be something you transition into mid-late game. So far I've only found one weapon that scales with magic and you get it quite a ways in. There are items that seem to function as spells, requiring a good deal of Arcane to use, but again, you find them very late. I might be putting some points into arcane fairly soon to try those items out. The soft-caps for most stats are very low in comparison to most souls games. Wouldn't be surprised if it's common to just softcap everything in NG+ lol.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Also, beat the 8th boss - it was interesting, but went down on try #2. I'm in what appears to be the final section of levels (going off of the teleportation tombstones) then again, I could really not be all that far and it just seems I am. Also, finally hit an environment that's insanely treacherous (basically this game's poison area), so that's pretty nifty!

Probably done for today. Also have a bunch of work to get done before the end of the month, but I'll hopefully get to have some more play sessions.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Picked this game up last night, already died like 6 times and I haven't made it to the boss yet (only had an hour to play, fuck those updates).

Hunter's Axe transformed is amazing for wiping out random mobs.

Getting some Demon's Souls vibes. Is it me or are enemies much faster this time around?

The loading times are annoying but as a console peasant I remember the PS1 load times and they aren't as bad as that. Still, hope From fixes it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/...when_i_thought_bloodborne_couldnt_get_better/

I found out you can add gestures to your messages! This changes everything! All you have to do to add a gesture is press L1 after setting up you message and then you can chose any gesture you want. When other people read your note a blue apparition of yourself appears out of the scroll to gesture! Sorry if I rambled it's just such an awesome thing to add.

Last edited:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
itz happening men. huge influx of people who never touched a souls game but bought into the hype (93 on metacritic) and no games for PS4 are getting fucking crushed by even the early game. as of writing this, only 23% of players have cleared cleric beast, and only 16% have cleared father. this is the pleb bamboozlement of the generation

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
itz happening men. huge influx of people who never touched a souls game but bought into the hype (93 on metacritic) and no games for PS4 are getting fucking crushed by even the early game. as of writing this, only 23% of players have cleared cleric beast, and only 16% have cleared father. this is the pleb bamboozlement of the generation

To be fair I bought the PS4 and Blodborne last night. Took awhile to do updates, cooked dinner, only got and hour and a half to play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom