Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Whoa, OK. I must've been doing something wrong; I've never managed to stagger an ogre.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Hunter Axe is amazing.

Just a quick fact: You'll do more damage with the machete because of the speed utility, than you will with the axe. I would even be so comfortable with saying it's the best starting weapon.

I have a question about shooting. I want to practice staggering enemies, but it seems the only ones I'm able to stagger are the medium sized humanoids which I can dispense with easily anyway, or the few ultra-fast hunters (but, as said, there are just a few). Is it even worth it to try to stagger bigger / multi-limbed enemies with a gun?

There are enemies that are designed to be staggered with R1 spamming their weak limbs, like Cleric Beast, and Viscar or whatever her fucking name is, you generally want to R1 big guys and their limbs, and gun parry little guys.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Hunter Axe is amazing.

Just a quick fact: You'll do more damage with the machete because of the speed utility, than you will with the axe. I would even be so comfortable with saying it's the best starting weapon.

Stop sharing my secrets.

Note that an Arcane Saw Cleaver rapes PvP. Most outfits have shit arcane defense if they don't look like Church Attire.

DragoFireheart Is Eileen's target at the Grand Cathedral the toughest guy in the game? That guy hits hard and his gun is worse.

Question: Ludwig's Sword does more damage than the Mace because the Mace splits its damage between physical and bolt, whereas Ludwig's channels all of its damage to one type (fire, bolt, arcane, physical)?

Ebreitas died on my first try with electro Ludwig. EZ MODE ENGAGED

The Cathedral Hunter is the
real final boss.

Ludwig's on arcane build is overrated IMO. Have to dump 9 points or so just to use the damn thing and those points do nothing for you. Any weapon that is pure physical that is inserted with a Fire/Bolt/Arcane gem will deal pure damage of that gem type.

Tonitrus will still outdamage any other lighting weapon due to how large the L1 buff is and the modestly quick swing speed. Reach is shit and moveset is a flaccid penis, but if you want top damage, the Tonitrus is for you.

Ivan

Arcane
The Axe's moveset>all other weapons. I fucking love doing L2 swipes or or or attacking with the axe then extending it with L1 feels so good

DragoFireheart

The Axe's moveset>all other weapons. I fucking love doing L2 swipes or or or attacking with the axe then extending it with L1 feels so good

It's a solid PvE weapon but you're going to find that its lack of speed will hinder you in chalice dungeons (should you decide to go that deep).

Ivan

Arcane
If anyone's having trouble with the Cathedral Hunter, I found that fighting him on the stairs is p. effective. It keeps him from healing and he doesn't use his gun very much in medium to close range.

While I was disappointed there weren't more songs like Omen this one definitely stayed with me. The transition at 1:50 is sooooooooooooooooooo good!

The first time I played it it felt like the game's prove your worth moment

So, are you guys in accordance with this being the best in the series so far? It definitely doesn't stumble at the end like DaS does. But man I really do wish FROM would go back to Demon's style and do unique levels that could be accessed via Hunter's Dream. You would travel to different dreams from different parts of the world. That would be awesome.

Gonna do one last (third) playthru to get the good ending

Last edited:

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
or do like i did.

Go in and then kill him straight up by learning his moves and taking him down with pure manly skill and not some sissy stair hopping.

SumDrunkGuy

So, are you guys in accordance with this being the best in the series so far?

Nah, no, absolutely not. It has none of the depth, none of the customization, none of the variety. Bloodborne is 100% action game, which is cool. It's a fantastic horror-themed hack n slash, but not what I want from a Souls game, and thankfully it's not a Souls game.

Last edited by a moderator:

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
About the ending(s)

So the most adequate one seems the one where Gehrman decapitates you?

So, are you guys in accordance with this being the best in the series so far?
It doesn't have such memorable characters and bosses as DaS had. And the gameplay doesn't feel fresh enough. The game is good tho, very good, doesn't have that much sharp corners the previous games had, it's still difficult but feels more casual.

DragoFireheart

...it's still difficult but feels more casual.

For the main storyline? MAYBE.

The moment you go into chalice dungeons the casual goes away. Between the sheer difficulty of the bosses and the insanity that is FRC, it's easily the toughest Souls content to date.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron

The moment you go into chalice dungeons the casual goes away. Between the sheer difficulty of the bosses and the insanity that is FRC, it's easily the toughest Souls content to date.
Yup, but it's optional. I talked about the main game.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I am strongly considering picking up a PS4 for this (and skipping DS 2 entirely). What do you think? I know I'll need one for P5 anyway.

DragoFireheart

Dark Souls 2 DLC and Dark Souls 1 Manus and co are also optional, but that doesn't stop people from doing comparisons. Most of the Dark Souls 1 bosses are piss easy (Capra Demon, S&O, and Bed of Cunt are the only hard things), and Dark Souls 2 is a joke for the most part.

If you don't platinum Bloodborne then you didn't do all of the mandatory stuff as far as I am concerned (fine to ask this since it doesn't require getting 100s of items for one trophy).

Andnjord

Arcane

Dark Souls 2 DLC and Dark Souls 1 Manus and co are also optional, but that doesn't stop people from doing comparisons. Most of the Dark Souls 1 bosses are piss easy (Capra Demon, S&O, and Bed of Cunt are the only hard things), and Dark Souls 2 is a joke for the most part.

If you don't platinum Bloodborne then you didn't do all of the mandatory stuff as far as I am concerned (fine to ask this since it doesn't require getting 100s of items for one trophy).

Smough and Ornstein are easy?

Okay, time for me to git gud then :negative:

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Nah, not my type of thing, man. I grow tired of games long before reaching Platinums. I'd probably go with Platinum here, but it requires 3 walkthroughs and a lot of chalice stuff to kill the queen - too much of the same for me.

Ivan

Arcane
I am strongly considering picking up a PS4 for this (and skipping DS 2 entirely). What do you think? I know I'll need one for P5 anyway.

Dark Souls 2's DLCs features some of the best experiences the series has to offer. Don't miss out.

DragoFireheart

Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin (mostly the DLC) and Bloodborne are both great games.

DragoFireheart

You can tell some of these youtubers have not played a Souls game before.

It's highly amusing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom