Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
No. You're miss remembering it.

You're probably right, now that I think about it...maybe I was back and forth farming echos or something.

Zep--

praetor

Arcane
DaS2 generally had more bonfires but only in the expansions, in the base game I recall you had to mainly rely on shortcuts as well.

it's the other way around. ds2 vanilla had pretty much no shortcuts whatsoever (unless you count that pointless one in the copse that's right next to a bonfire). the only ones in DS1 that were right next to bosses were Gwyndolin, Sanctuary Guardian, Ceaseless Discharge and Centipede.

praetor

Arcane
it's the other way around. ds2 vanilla had pretty much no shortcuts whatsoever (unless you count that pointless one in the copse that's right next to a bonfire). the only ones in DS1 that were right next to bosses were Gwyndolin, Sanctuary Guardian, Ceaseless Discharge and Centipede.
Sorry, my memory tends to be quite bad at times. :oops:
Now that you mentioned, I can recall only that bridge in the Wharf and maybe the door near the elevator that lead to the Last Giant? Or did that lead to the pit with the salamanders?

ah yes, the wharf bridge that was made relevant only with SotFS, i forgot about that :) and yeah, that door lead to the salamanders

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
What the fuck do I need a lamp for at the boss?

It's more like a reward for beating the boss. You know, the chance to go back to the hunter's dream and spend all those blood echoes.

In Souls games usually there's no safepoints (Bonfires or lamps) next to a boss except some exceptions. They tend to be near but hidden. Like the bonfire before Moonlight butterfly or the second bonfire in the cliff of Tomb of giants. 1-3 minutes run, straight to the fog gate, relying in shortcuts sometimes.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Has sony ever said why BB isn't enhanced for PS4 PRO?
Because it came out before the Pro? I didn't buy into the hype when I bought my PS4 two weeks ago. Decided to go with the regular version. From what I read, most of the games perform almost exactly the same. Not worth an extra hundred dollars.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Finally beat Shadows of Yrnham. Once I realized that taking the katana dude out first is the best choice and that he is super easy to parry, it became pretty easy all things considered. I really wish it was running in 60FPS though, would make it much smoother to control.

Silva

Arcane
What the fuck do I need a lamp for at the boss?

It's more like a reward for beating the boss. You know, the chance to go back to the hunter's dream and spend all those blood echoes.

In Souls games usually there's no safepoints (Bonfires or lamps) next to a boss except some exceptions. They tend to be near but hidden. Like the bonfire before Moonlight butterfly or the second bonfire in the cliff of Tomb of giants. 1-3 minutes run, straight to the fog gate, relying in shortcuts sometimes.
What? Is there a bonfire near Moonlight Butterfly? You mean the one behind the illusion wall near Forest entrance? Or another one?

Silva

Arcane
Because it came out before the Pro? I didn't buy into the hype when I bought my PS4 two weeks ago. Decided to go with the regular version. From what I read, most of the games perform almost exactly the same. Not worth an extra hundred dollars.
I think the appeal of Pro will be more pronounced now with more games coming with 4K support (like DS remastered for eg). Up until now not a handful game supported it, I think. Of course you will also need a 4K TV for taking advantage of it (which means I probably never buy it, since those are absurdly expensive in Brazil).

Ninefingers

Educated
Patron
I bought a pro and a 4K TV when it launched. I’d argue 4K isn’t a great attraction for it because it’s too weak to actually render most things in 4K. There are games where you get noticeably worse performance on the pro than the original due to forced 4K rendering that the console can’t really handle (Skyrim is one).

There are exceptions - Horizon looks stunning in 4K checkerboard with HDR and runs well too (for a console game).

Pro is more worth it to me personally where it gives a boost to performance rather than visuals - it uncaps the frame rate for DS3 for example which makes it more enjoyable for me at least.

You can run older games in boost mode which has mixed results but usually improves FPS if it isn’t quite sticking to the cap on the original console. Bloodborne, for example, seems a bit smoother but it isn’t a night and day difference.

Overall I’m happy with it but I guess your mileage may vary.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
tfw...You make it to a boss without dying. 98k echos...challenge boss...die. Fuuuuuck. Head back. Hey, got here with no one hitting me!

Awesome! Gotta pick up those echos....

Ring bell to call a bro for help...waiting, waiting, waiting...more waiting.

Finally, a bro!

All that waiting made me forget abut the 98k echos I dropped...enter fog, bro and I rush to boss. Forgot to pick up echos first...die again.

:despair:

Zep--

Last edited:

Vorark

Erudite
All that waiting made me forget abut the 98k echos I dropped...enter fog, bro and I rush to boss. Forgot to pick up echos first...die again.

That's why I always returned to the doll and would spend all my echoes and buy vials with the remaining ones. There are usually clues when a boss is about to show up: look around for archs, gates, big doors.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
I think the appeal of Pro will be more pronounced now with more games coming with 4K support (like DS remastered for eg). Up until now not a handful game supported it, I think. Of course you will also need a 4K TV for taking advantage of it (which means I probably never buy it, since those are absurdly expensive in Brazil).
I think 4K is a ridiculous resolution for gaming. Consoles are nowhere near powerful enough to push that. It would have been nice if they had sold it as a console that plays games at higher framerates. If it played 4K Blu-ray movies, I might have considered it. Even as a PC gamer, I'm not planning to play games at 4K. QHD is fine.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
I bought the digital version of this when it first came out. Played it, beat it.

Over the last several days, I popped 5 trophies, and visited areas I never saw in my maiden play-through.

Had my first PVP experience this play-through, in Nightmare Frontier.

Shot that faggot with my Evelyn off the ledge by the lamp...felt good. :)

Current stats:

Level: 64

Vit : 24
End : 24
Str : 14
Skl : 23
Blt : 23
Arc : 06

Weapons are
Threaded Cane +9
Evelyn +8

Zep--

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
I think the nightmare frontier is the arena established by the gangsquad community. A dangerous place to explore while being online.

Ezekiel

Arcane
One Reborn might be the trashiest boss I've ever fought in a Souls game. He's definitely near the top.

Hyperion

Arcane
Prowling Magus + Congregation, Deacons of the Deep, Fat Demon (whatever his useless ass is called), Ballsack Tree, Bed of Chaos, Pinwheel...

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Pinwheel...

delet-this-28685032.png

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Old Hunters DLC worth buying? I'm near the end of my 2nd playthrough @lvl 75.

If it is, I guess I'd want to do it before I hit one of the endings?

Zep--

Ezekiel

Arcane
Took a break from One Reborn, came back a few hours later and beat him on my first try. I'm bored, though. I'm exploring that nightmare world. Well, I was, but then I took another break. I just find this world kind of dull compared to the Souls games' worlds. Story seems more disjointed and vague too.

Ninefingers

Educated
Patron
One Reborn might be the trashiest boss I've ever fought in a Souls game. He's definitely near the top.

On my first play through I didn’t realise you could go up the stairs and kill all the bell women. That made it a lot more interesting :D. Either way there are definitely shittier bosses.

Ninefingers

Educated
Patron
Old Hunters DLC worth buying? I'm near the end of my 2nd playthrough @lvl 75.

If it is, I guess I'd want to do it before I hit one of the endings?

Zep--

It is definitely worth it, some of the best bosses and areas in the game.

Personally I’d go for it before you finish the game so you don’t have to face the bosses for the first time in NG+. I go for it about when I get to nightmare of mensis, you can go earlier but it may be more rage inducing.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
I bought the DLC. Haven't started it yet.

Just defeated Margo's Wet Nurse.

Made a bunch of saves and backups.

So, Hopefully...I'll be able to pop the Plat and quit worrying about Trophies.

Going to do the Chalice Dungeons first and get those 2 or 3 trophs I am missing from them.

Make some more saves, and try to get all the endings.

I have 4 cords. Should I eat all 4 is only 3 necessary?

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Only 3, but nothing specials happens if you use them all.

Will the 4th carry over to NG+ if I decide to do that? I may try NG+...Haven't decided yet.

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom