Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Bloom: Memories - a new kind of action adventure RPG by Studio Fawn

Studio Fawn

Studio Fawn
Developer
Aw I didn't know you cared <3

Yup, still chugging along and getting it done. I hope just a month or two more....but the entire wishlist thing makes thing difficult (apparently if you launch on steam without a good opening reception, it buries you in the algorithms).

Studio Fawn

Studio Fawn
Developer
Oh! You beat me to posting the first trailer :D I think I'm going to be doing some smaller "gameplay trailers" to focus in on some of the more unique mechanics. But first gotta finish more abilities / effects upgrades :)

On my wishlist it goes.

<3 Glad you like how it's coming along! It's been a crazy journey.

Oh well, back to work with me. :salute:

Studio Fawn

Studio Fawn
Developer
They were kicking Voidpoint while they were down. Don't expect support from me.

No. It's actually "if you call trans people mentally ill, don't expect support from me" lol.

They get to dish out crap, but calling them on their crap is "kicking them while they were down"? Boo hoo.

Also doesn't seem too woke to be palling around with the Codex. Might get the stink on you.

If someone on the Codex starts throwing crap around me, I'll call them on that too.

It's always funny how the people tossing around transphobic or homophobic or racist bullshit....crumple into pathetic little victim lumps the moment someone stands up to them. "Oh boo hoo, not in the face, why iz u bully me?"

Get outta here with that BS.

((And for the record.... I didn't kick them while they were down....I actually ran up and jumped off their pathetic backs as they were crying on the floor...to do an epic dunk over them)).
:kingcomrade:

Studio Fawn

Studio Fawn
Developer
Fawn learning a lesson after asking for far too much earlier this year

...that was 5 years ago.... (maybe 6 now?)

We got through a kickstarter after that one though (so 5 or 6 years ago), got $45k for a team of 3 (after the fees and tax). That money ran out about....3 and a half years ago.....

So now in the final push to get it finished up and yup, paying rent makes that easier. Otherwise I think I'll be delaying it for a while to go do some other work for a bit.

If anyone wants to chip in to help out, it would be awesome :) Hope it makes it through and goes smoothly :D

Also here is some characters.

EHJaWsyUEAAQKWC

So what of the initial kickstarter obligations? Presumably everything you offered back then will still be delivered on, including all of those backers receiving the game for the last time they pledged?

Chaotic Lulz3r

Liturgist
This is still alive?

I can't even remember when I backed it, but the estimated delivery was December 2015. Four years later, they need more money, or it will be even more delayed :roll:.

I actually hope they get it. If this and Tangiers ever do come out, I'll be 14 for 14 on backed kickstarters that actually delivered.

Edit: I may grumble about the delay, but character art looks absolutely awesome.

Studio Fawn

Studio Fawn
Developer
they need more money

Well, the "they" of us left. It's only 2 out of the original 4 remaining.

I actually hope they get it. If this and Tangiers ever do come out, I'll be 14 for 14 on backed kickstarters that actually delivered.

Edit: I may grumble about the delay, but character art looks absolutely awesome.

Thanks! :) Yea, something people seem to pass over is that the game is a LOT more than what was kickstarted back in the day. Sure it was delayed, but I don't have much control over people leaving (and the amount we were working with is extremely small for even a simple mobile game, let alone something like this....so it's not like I can just throw money at the problem and hire someone to fill in)....but despite all that the game is wayyy bigger and deeper mechanics than we had back then (like the hearing, smelling, vision, emotions thing is new).

So what of the initial kickstarter obligations? Presumably everything you offered back then will still be delivered on, including all of those backers receiving the game for the last time they pledged?

Yup :P Of course.

Studio Fawn

Studio Fawn
Developer

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hope people have some fun with the demo :) https://store.steampowered.com/app/1145440/Bloom_Memories/

And I also am taking another stab at the KS thing to try and get some additional resources to finish up. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/studiofawn/bloom-memories-a-group-effort

Things just keep improving along each step! Though it still needs a fair amount of polish (and a few bug squashes), it seems like things are really coming together after a pretty crazy development journey.
Cool story, bro.

Dude killed this project soon after. IT'S DEAD AND NEVER COMING OUT.

Stopping work on my indie game was the best choice I've ever made....
Postmortem
I'd been working on this ambitious indie game for something like 8+ years now (probably saw me post about it at some point or another, called "Bloom: Memories"). The project hit every setback you could imagine, including needing to start over in a new engine a year+ into development and a half dozen team members who came and left at various points.

Anyway, about half a year ago I found some side work working for Roblox.... and I decided to stop working on the game for a while (especially to save up money).

I gotta say, that was one of the best choices I've made in a long time. Who knew having a "real job" (something that actually pays) and having so much free time and money to try out hobbies and things was so great?!

Anyone who says money doesn't buy happiness is a liar.

I know there are other indie devs out there living in poverty (like I was) trying to "make the dream come true".... but it's not worth it. Not even close. You just get burnt out and the years slip by as you miss out on a lot of stuff you could have had working a "normal job".

A lot of people give advice to do indie game dev on the side until it starts making real money, and after ignoring all that and trying it the "passion way".... then getting a taste of normal life... I now have to agree. Take this as a cautionary tale.

Anyhow, just throwing it out there for other indie devs that feel trapped by their projects. Making an indie game to entertain a few people isn't worth sacrificing your life over.
https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/sszl72/stopping_work_on_my_indie_game_was_the_best/

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Rusty once again vindicated in his opinion that nobody who troons/queers out can actually ship a game. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom