Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Call of Saregnar - a Betrayal at Krondor-inspired RPG

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
how much do I have to pledge to change the name to Call of Sarengar?

Because that’s how I say it in my mind. Every. Single. Time!
I'm sure Saregnar will find a special place, just for you.

P.S. What is done is done ;)

agris

Arcane
Patron

Found a small mistake in the video, fixed it

e3zvval.jpg

I kid. I'm excited about this, BaK was amazing and it's always struck me as strange that the formula didn't find more success.

vitellus

the irascible
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
just played the demo, and it was fun, wishlisted and looking forward to it. a few things; if there is no fatigue or stamina mechanic, why give the option to run and not have the running speed the default? there's no penalty other than a sore pinkie for constantly running. also, was not a fan of the invisible walls around rivers and cliffs that were part of the play area. example is the ruined temple, the cliff closest to the temple leads to the road, but have to go all the way around to the road because of the wall. if i wanna jump off a cliff and break a leg, that's my problem.

sarengar

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
Seems like there are no fantasy creatures and you're just fighting human bandits etc:(
For now. Still, no slimes, giant rats, etc. I have mythological beings in the universe, just give them time to materialize ;)
just played the demo, and it was fun, wishlisted and looking forward to it. a few things; if there is no fatigue or stamina mechanic, why give the option to run and not have the running speed the default? there's no penalty other than a sore pinkie for constantly running. also, was not a fan of the invisible walls around rivers and cliffs that were part of the play area. example is the ruined temple, the cliff closest to the temple leads to the road, but have to go all the way around to the road because of the wall. if i wanna jump off a cliff and break a leg, that's my problem.

sarengar
Got stamina/endurance implemented in combat now, coming in a future demo. Got togglable run too. Due to the massive scope and other annoyances, the invisible walls are most probably staying though.

Thanks for playing!

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

sarengar
Because not everyone is a zoomer.

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012

lvl 2 Blue Slime

Educated
Seems like there are no fantasy creatures and you're just fighting human bandits etc:(
For now. Still, no slimes, giant rats, etc. I have mythological beings in the universe, just give them time to materialize ;)

sarengar
Got stamina/endurance implemented in combat now, coming in a future demo. Got togglable run too. Due to the massive scope and other annoyances, the invisible walls are most probably staying though.

Thanks for playing!
I dunno, getting some guy in an Orc costume and then photographing him to be a sprite would be so nostalgic. I think Stonekeep did similar things with puppets and real actors:
ss_c21879e2b5aa1bea044334e43c91f2c298acc675.jpg

Jinn

Arcane
A quarter of the people in this thread will likely be dead before this game is released. Best to just keep that in mind and not get too excited. Rhuantavan has always been upfront about it and he's great in general about keeping hype down. He at no point wants to feel rushed while creating what is a dream he's pulling into reality, which is great. Just never put it in early access!

Ysaye

Arbiter
Wonder how this game looks like to anyone who never heard of Betrayal at Krondor
Probably like a better attempt at a remake of Realms of Arkania than the HD version.....but then, if they haven't heard of and played Betrayal at Krondor would they have heard of and played Realms of Arkania?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Most seem to associate it with Daggerfall and M&M6/7. Those who haven’t played BaK, that is.
except combat. for the few i did fight, i liked it. turn based is always a move in the right direction, and the fact it's hexed is pretty based.
Combat is grate. It's not as complex and full of options like, say, D:OS but a blobber that switches to an isometric, grid based combat is always appreciated.

Always wondered why more blobbers don't do it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom