Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher CD Projekt Red EXPOSED!

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
How many variations of the brooding tough guy character can you come up with in a fantasy setting without them ending up similar to previous such characters?

Hagashager

Educated
...what?
..........I think I'm having a stroke...I'm going to go lie down now...

As a teenager I actually did enjoy Two Worlds, but then I was mostly playing it to distract myself from teenaged angst. Everytime I'm reminded of Two Worlds I'm also reminded of the dumpster fire that was my High School sweetheart.

Thanks a lot...

People like Tuco dispute these because in their retarded wop brains, they imagine that because there are differences in stories imply that the character can't be a clone of another or plagiarized from another unless everything is exactly the same. I can clone superman with the jump suit cape, his superpowers, face, haircut, etc. then change his personality a bit and call him a different name, then write completely original stories for him. I literally just plagiarized the character or some instance of the character. The differences in story or other elements I made add in doesn't change the fact that the character was plagiarized.
Why are you patting yourself on the back, exactly?
If you weren't a raging mongoloid going on a tirade, you'd realize that his argument is more harmful to your thesis ("they are basically the same character!!") than it it so to mine ("There may be some initial inspiration/stealing, but they end up diverging significantly").

Incidentally what you are suggesting about Superman has been done (with various degrees of success) hundreds of times already and no one is losing their fucking mind over the crime of "plagiarism".

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Yeah cool I guess but I didn't mention the Witcher at all.
What is the title of this thread nigga? Which subforum is your illiterate ass in? What was my opening post fucking all about? Dats right, run away with your tail between your little scrawny legs if you know what's good for you CDPR boi. When you come for the Donut you better not miss cuz I'm the undisputed chief of BTFOing.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Yeah cool I guess but I didn't mention the Witcher at all.
What is the title of this thread nigga? Which subforum is your illiterate ass in? What was my opening post fucking all about? Dats right, run away with your tail between your little scrawny legs if you know what's good for you CDPR boi. When you come for the Donut you better not miss cuz I'm the undisputed chief of BTFOing.
Gimmick accounts can be fun, but you sound like a gay retard tbh.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Nothing like the butthurt of faggots like you so keep it coming. Still not tired of winning with ZERO effort and hearing the lamentation of the queers who aint got nothing. Ackackackack Man I wish I had some competition around here, someone with some fuckin brass balls. SDG, Sanchez, they were all on the staff hitlist and got iced while I was gone. Instead I get pussies like you writing babbys first banter cuz you know I'm right about the video games and gave you a huge assfucking just by stating what the thread is about so I get these lame ass comebacks. Get back to me when you got better material or keep embarrassing yourself. Imma enjoy laffing at you for now but your shit is getting old quick.

mondblut

Arcane
I did read the ENITRE cycle of Elric from start to finish. I read more about it than about The Witcher, in fact, where my direct experience is limited to a couple of books and a summary of the rest.
I know what I'm talking about.

Not only the starting premises aren't THAT similar to begin with (starting from the fact that Elric is basically decayed royalty while Geralt is implied to be a peasant) but the two series diverge more and more in their focus as the time goes.
Did you watch the video? That was addressed. Along with the ripoff of Elric's appearance, plot elements, and themes.

"Ciri is the Stormbringer!11". Stellar analysis, huh.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I enjoyed Elric books back in the day but wouldn't read a new one of the series now, by Moorcock or anyone else, even if you held a zip gun to my zipper. Since The Witcher books were influenced by Elric (but not direct clones; that's a ridiculous theory) there's a snowball's chance in an Auschwitz furnace I'd read one of those books these days.

On a side note, did the raging idiot Razorfist even retracted his moronic stance that Underworld Ascendant was an excellent Kickstarter revival and the audience was just "too casual" to appreciate the nuance?

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
This is just one of the most underrated games of all time that retards will ignore and then continue to whine how original good games aren't being made anymore.

I'm sure it is but the fact it runs at like 24fps for people even with gaming rigs is a reason I'm never actually going to play it unless slav modders fix it.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
I played the first Two Worlds and found it be a really bad, generic, empty, offline MMO.
I am always surprised when someone mentions it in a positive light.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
This is just one of the most underrated games of all time that retards will ignore and then continue to whine how original good games aren't being made anymore.

I'm sure it is but the fact it runs at like 24fps for people even with gaming rigs is a reason I'm never actually going to play it unless slav modders fix it.
Dis here be a you problem, I ran it fine on a laptop from the stone age while waiting between flights just fine at 60FPS baby.
I played the first Two Worlds and found it be a really bad, generic, empty, offline MMO.
When I booted that bad boy up last time I thought there was too much fuckin content. You get to this point where you think you're done but the game fucking throws another entire city at you full of quests and shit. Everyone says the game gets empty when you go south but that rite there is a whole load of bullshit. There are areas you're supposed to be riding through so the horse is useful for sumfin, but the game just keeps hosing you with quests and content right up until the fuckin end. Wouldn't stop coming, I thought I was done after the Chinatown segment, but fuck no, I was not even close. Sweet wampum you get a shitton of game for your buck.

The rest is just a straight up lie nigga. Both Two Worlds games had multiplayer and it was fucking twice as fun playing with your bros. CDPR never achieved that despite their budgets. The lore and story is EXACLTLY the same as in The Witcher 3 but they made up for that generic bullshit with Vendetta.

Ignorant ass fag opinion debunked, skunked and punked.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Last edited:
I remember two things about two worlds after however the hell many years its been since I played it on the X box 360 or whatever it was on.

1. The hilarious full second of lag after every single kill.
2. The fact that there was a damage cap that you could hit fairly easily, which meant you really wanted to do multiple types of damage at once.

Arbiter

Scholar
How long do you think can CDP stay afloat? It is said that GoG is unprofitable and it is going to take years to develop a new Witcher game while switching to a new engine.

Theldaran

Liturgist
How long do you think can CDP stay afloat? It is said that GoG is unprofitable and it is going to take years to develop a new Witcher game while switching to a new engine.
Nah don't fret. They're probably loaded after Bitcher 3, and Cyberpunk also sold a lot albeit with deception. They have the future planned out, so don't bet on them going away, at least soon.

Delphik

CDP settles another lawsuit over Cyberpunk launch:

The polish government has sent its agents down in that tweet's comment section to defend its only valuable asset.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom