Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

racofer

Thread Incliner
Maybe if instead of contacting real life bands. Influencers. Celebrities hired actually more competent people...

But competent people don't generate enough hype for 8 million pre-orders. That is all that matters.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Finally playing it, I don't know why. This game is fucked. DX 3 and 4 moved way better than this thing. Bugs galore. Have to reequip weapons every time I reload a save, can't get out of combat (like ever, no matter how far away I go), had to reload a save just so the main objective would update so it would let me proceed and on and on. Does this shit get any better?

Edit 1: And of course, in combat, enemies know where you are all the time, flanking be damned.

Gerrard

Arcane
The exact same thing would've happened with Witcher 3 if it wasn't for that downgrade. What I wonder though is how the fuck this passed certification on consoles.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Can someone explain why the choice and consequence is even worse than witcher 3 here, even though they had more budget? Did they squander it all on marketing or something?

This streamer got this nice chair dude, do you think it just voluntarily condenced itself from the thin air?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Well it's no RPG its one of those things that Deus Ex is

It's Far Cry 3 with hacking but without the smooth stealth gameplay and sexy tropical bitches.
Deus Ex and System Shock 2 are Far Cry 3 with hacking then

No because good Deus Ex games and SS2 have horrible gunplay. Not their fault, just a sign of the times.

CP2077 actually has decent gunplay in the weight of the shots, the recoil, sound and reactivity. Sometimes. If you're lucky.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Maybe if instead of contacting real life bands. Influencers. Celebrities hired actually more competent people...

But then we couldn't get the Brazillian Clown with Nose Nade that think all gringos foreign people are stupid :smug:

overly excitable young man

Well it's no RPG its one of those things that Deus Ex is

It's Far Cry 3 with hacking but without the smooth stealth gameplay and sexy tropical bitches.
Deus Ex and System Shock 2 are Far Cry 3 with hacking then

No because good Deus Ex games and SS2 have horrible gunplay. Not their fault, just a sign of the times.

CP2077 actually has decent gunplay in the weight of the shots, the recoil, sound and reactivity. Sometimes. If you're lucky.
So Deus Ex and SS2 are even worse than Far Cry 3?
Damn.

Frozen

Arcane
Since i herd its first person i really don't care, tried it a couple of min. and these are my impressions.

Char. creator is reminiscent of Fallout Bethesda lvl of shit. Whatever you do you actually cant make a face you want, you can just mask 2-3 presets with weird shit over it but its still the same 3 presets. Really disappointing. This is like Dragon Age Inquisition lvl of bad. Wtf. is so hard for developers to make a good char. creator especially in this kind of game where you see yourself only in cutscenes (i assume) ?

Good thing is it seems this can run even on a toaster. I installed it on ordinary storage drive (i have no ~70gig free on ssd) and it works...for now. When i tried the same for SW Battlefront II couple years ago i couldn't even load a game.

This is complete console trash when it comes to controls...it seems developers acquired services of German autists from Piranha Bytes when designing controls for PC. Its like it was made for people using legs and not arms (Gothic). While moving a mouse sensitivity is so weird like someone is pulling my arm on the left and its so fucking slow. Maybe there is an option to set it up, did not care to continue for now. When you cant click with a mouse into menus and its NOT WASD as it should be its a bad first sign.

And to think that I was planning to upgrade my PC for this thing lol Money saved.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Actually even the newer Deus ex have more Roleplay elements than cyberpunk 2077 this game is shit. Is marketed as RPG but it really is an open world LOOTER SHOOTER with a story shoehorned it.

Original Deus Ex has tons of roleplay elements all of a sudden, but know what it doesnt have?
stats

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Actually even the newer Deus ex have more Roleplay elements than cyberpunk 2077 this game is shit. Is marketed as RPG but it really is an open world LOOTER SHOOTER with a story shoehorned it.
but bro there numbers when you pew pew pew that totally makes it an RPG

DeepOcean

Arcane
UZFAcZE.png

That line is so nonsensical. Like, what's even the question? That she's a whore?

Sums up a lot of the dialogue in this game. Cringe-inducing in its attempt to be edgy.

Thankfully, not all the dialogue is like this and for the most part it's somewhat competently written and voiceacted.
^not a cut of fuckable meat
Having in consideration that Adam Smasher is a psychopath which only belief is to proof that metal is better than meat while he has a cyborg hard on by slaughtering his enemies, this line isnt really out of character.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Original Deus Ex has tons of roleplay elements all of a sudden, but know what it doesnt have?
stats
It does, though. Your level of mastery in the different abilities are still stats. That said, it still doesn't make it an RPG, nor does it make Cyberpunk 2077 one.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I am glad this is happening. Cd projekt were too much bold recently punching their chest of how awesome they are. Maybe after this they will become Humble again?

stats
It does, though. Your level of mastery in the different abilities are still stats. That said, it still doesn't make it an RPG, nor does it make Cyberpunk 2077 one.
skills =/= stats

One of said games has both.
The other has only skills but is somehow more rpg because it's older.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I for one look forward to tootling around in this game on my STX 4080 rig in 2027 after modders have fixed it and it's on sale for $9.99.

Of course the fifteen DLCs will cost $90, but then again they'll probably just add more dildo shops.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
I am glad this is happening. Cd projekt were too much bold recently punching their chest of how awesome they are. Maybe after this they will become Humble again?

What, after selling a gazillion copies? the game already had the most successful steam launch to date I think. No, they'll pat themselves in the back and they'll keep dumbing things down for the next game.

You either die a Troika or live long enough to become the Bethesda

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
What do you mean, I don't understand.
This simply means. A developer who uses in his game stuff used by medical equipment, in controlled environment to diagnose patients to find how bad they have epilepsy, can be put in prison for trying to cause epileptic seizures.

It's that simple. Warning against epileptic seizures is used to prevent ACCIDENTAL seizures. But neither game, nor movie/TV are allowed to cause epileptic seizures on purpose, or release product so badly designed it has high risk of causing epileptic seizures.

Yah, game definitely look slike the one that could cause saizure. When I see the game that doesn't respect someone's tired eyes - I mean miopia and such - with all chaotic flashes and overload with visual, I want to drive a nail in the stupid piece of shit the dev used as head. If I had epilepsy this feeling would be tenfold.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Stealth in this game seems to suck ass. I'm a huge stealth nut, but these encounters just don't seem designed for it at all. I thought they might be early on, but as I move through the game and do missions they really, reallllly aren't. You'll get a random sidequest to kill a gang leader and he'll be behind 10 other dudes in a confined space that's impossible to stealth completely. Once you're seen at all, they all know exactly where you are and you're in all out combat. First huge main quest sends you through a gauntlet of enemies in a big firefight, ending in a huge mech boss. I recently replayed Fallout 4 and while there were some rare times it put you right into combat you could stealth kill 90% of things in that game. That doesn't seem to be the case in this at all.

I'm not sure what benefit stealth perks are when you're going to be in all out warfare soon enough, so I might restart the game with a different origin and go with a commando style character. Outer Worlds also had disappointing stealth, so this is a back to back bummer.

Also this game has Mass Effect's problem of you constantly getting new weapons and armor that are a tad bit better or worse, and it's a huge pain in the ass to manage. Especially since there are weapon mods you have to move over every time.

Not sure whether to complain about bullet-sponge enemies on hard or not. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't. Probably based on their level I guess. Attempting a stealthy pistol character I find revolvers with the headshot perk help a lot to kill everything, though since you're in open combat most of the time an assault rifle is way better.

Couple other things I noticed...please stop posting your cyberpeens as fps matters exactly zero and theres enough of them in the game. Soft lock it to 30 and let it go man. Has no effect whatsoever in any way and it works better at 30 with no input lag. Particularly the one muppet who has a 2070 on a 1680 screen, really man what's your problem.

Locked 60fps is easily achievable on a 2070, and is very good for an FPS game. You're smoking crack.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom