Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Their FB posts says "8 million thank yous so far". 8 mils sold in 24 hours, holy shit. That must be some sort of record.

UZFAcZE.png

That line is so nonsensical. Like, what's even the question? That she's a whore?

Sums up a lot of the dialogue in this game. Cringe-inducing in its attempt to be edgy.

Thankfully, not all the dialogue is like this and for the most part it's somewhat competently written and voiceacted.
The edginess is the best part of this fucking game, too many games these days are afraid to be "edgy" or "offensive" , being over the top isn't a bad thing, feels like a breath of fresh air in a time where every other game feels sterile af.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
I've endured enough game releases to keep my expectations in check for 100% of every game release but somehow I still expected a little better than this. Bugs and performance issues are not abnormal for a game launch and can be fixed over time, but the core storytelling and character issues are much more of a problem.

I can forgive any level of Euro-jank if the game actually has some heart to it ala Gothic. Initial impressions are mixed so far, the 'montage' time jump intro thing is just an utterly baffling way to start the game, not sure what they were thinking with that.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Wait till you reach the point of a big event that dosn't matter of your choice that even will always play the same :D RPG
RPG my Ass.
They been more correct in twitter

Cyberpunk is an action adventure story.

Dexter

Arcane
Initial impressions are mixed so far, the 'montage' time jump intro thing is just an utterly baffling way to start the game, not sure what they were thinking with that.
They have been thinking "We've already cut so much shit we talked about and promised from the game, if we even cut the Backgrounds that'd probably be too much of a red flag, what's the best way to make them not matter at all anymore and converge all the paths into the Street Kid one beyond the first few minutes of the game?"

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

There are instances where Fallout4 as awful it can be as RPG have actually more choice. What the hell they were thinking? Now i expected the game to don't be a top notch RPG but they drastically beaten my expectation. Heck.. Is Less rpg than the whole witcher saga. And the witcher as a whole saga while not being perfectly in to the classic RPG definition at least mantained some RPG elements.

Like many times 2 choices on a dialogue? Come on. Even Deus ex had way more dialogue.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
There are instances where Fallout4 as awful it can be as RPG have actually more choice. What the hell they were thinking? Now i expected the game to don't be a top notch RPG but they drastically beaten my expectation. Heck.. Is Less rpg than the whole witcher saga. And the witcher as a whole saga while not being perfectly in to the classic RPG definition at least mantained some RPG elements.

Like many times 2 choices on a dialogue? Come on. Even Deus ex had way more dialogue.
With cybperpunk dvd project blue wanted to create a game like gta 5 the problem is they still didnt caught up with the technology from gta 4.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
The amount of
Writin' like this is the perfect complement to whatever 'Serious & Refined' narrative people like to go on about appreciating. It's kinda funny, but this edginess is what puts the Punk in Cyberpunk.

Also from what I've seen there's multiple hours of dialogue cutscenes and controlled combat instances you have to go through before actually being able to play freely. Makes me think this game would be served by having a "Skip-Prologue" option that lets you bypass the life-path intro and everything up until you wake up with Keanu in your apartment.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Can this game be considered cyberpunk? Because I was under the impression that it was a dystopian genre. That, visually, it was supposed to be futuristic combined with run down and dirty. The city here looks pleasant, actually. I just find the art direction kind of bland. Just futuristic combined with neon lights. Ridley Scott's cyberpunk still looks more impressive. His cyberpunk city is covered in darkness and rain, because of the pollution, which forces many of its citizens to wear gas masks. There are artificial animals, with real snakes being rare and very expensive. There is hellish overpopulation, expressed in that scene where Deckard chases the snake lady. Meanwhile, the roads in CP 2077 are pretty empty. Scott's movie has commercials about the off-world colonies, "a chance to begin again," apparently because of how hopeless the situation on Earth is. Like CP 2077, it has a few punks walking around in punk fashion, but it goes further with all the other stuff. It's truly dystopian. This city just isn't.

Despite of don't likeing that game at all, I disagree. We live in real cyberpunk already - I can say that with sure after coronahoax started, and it's not that ugly - there is always the places that are facade for somehting where everything is quite decorous. What matter more is other places, dirty and ugly.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
That line is so nonsensical. Like, what's even the question? That she's a whore?

Sums up a lot of the dialogue in this game. Cringe-inducing in its attempt to be edgy.

Thankfully, not all the dialogue is like this and for the most part it's somewhat competently written and voiceacted.
To me it just the way someone grumpy about something unrelated would sound. Either that or he is permanently grumpy. Like Gunther.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Maybe if they delayed it by 3 months instead of weeks this could be salvaged they shot themselves in the dick though. Sad to see so much work wasted because they must have put a lot of hours into this city shame bugs destroy it all.

Are_c308ea_721505.jpg

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Maybe if instead of contacting real life bands. Influencers. Celebrities hired actually more competent people...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom