Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Wesp5

Arcane
But why didn't they just delay the console versions until they were ready?
Because they had contractual commitments for a simultaneous launch and there's absolutely no chance the platform holders would've agreed to a staggered delay on such a massive release, it would've put their systems at a marketing disadvantage.

I didn't know that, but it makes sense the way like the consoles are fighting at the moment. Sony even went so far to remove all older real Spider-Man games from Steam just to push the PS4 and PS5 and MS is buying exclusives left and right...

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
YongYea unlisted his Soyberponk review.

In his original review he raved about it and said it was worth the hype, but now he admits that his video was "rushed." He also places the blame on CDPR because he trusted their reputation more than putting out a good review.

CKB3NzW_d.webp

SURPRISE MECHANICS (MERCH): http://www.yongyea.com
PATREON: http://www.patreon.com/yongyea

Who buys this trash?

YY-SHIRT-001+%28FRONT%29.jpg

Yong_Hat_3.jpg

Tyrr

Liturgist
Cyberpunk maker reports slump in quarterly profit amid Playstation delisting
Net profit in the first quarter fell 64.7% to 32.5 million zlotys, well below the 80 million zlotys expected by analysts, impacted by depreciation of Cyberpunk 2077 development expenditures and work on fixing the game. Revenue fell 2% to 197.6 million zlotys ($53.94 million).

The actual report and a presentation

"crash rate" :D:D:D
For me, stability was the least of CP2077's problems. But it's clear why CDPR is talks about it so much: from all the problems, it's the easiest one to fix.

TheMathmos

Literate

In his original review he raved about it and said it was worth the hype, but now he admits that his video was "rushed." He also places the blame on CDPR because he trusted their reputation more than putting out a good review.

CKB3NzW_d.webp

For what it's worth, I used to take YongYea seriously. Not a fanboy or anything, but I welcomed his criticisms of game companies, thinking his views were reflective and systemic, not simply jumping on bandwagons. Like with CD Projekt, no amount of 'looking back' and 'addressing' this and that can rebuild credibility. My two cents, but I think it's a real emperor's new clothes moment for a lot of people.

vibehunter

Learned

CKB3NzW_d.webp

-typed from my Cyberpunk 2077© gaming chair.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Source for the 800k sales is an analyst on the call who did a quick break down of the figures and put it to CDPR as a potential figure, which they didn't really dispute too much.

Think the general expectation for sales across first year of release was something like 30m copies, as many as TW3 had sold over its liftime to Cyberpunk's release, so 15m (give or take) to March is underperforming relative to that. As people were predicting a long time back, the 'redemption' narrative over this year - especially with next gen release - is going to be tedious as much as it is CDPR's obvious way to try and get sales moving again.

edit: wrongly quoted someone.

Last edited:

Yoomazir

Educated

CKB3NzW_d.webp

For what it's worth, I used to take YongYea seriously. Not a fanboy or anything, but I welcomed his criticisms of game companies, thinking his views were reflective and systemic, not simply jumping on bandwagons. Like with CD Projekt, no amount of 'looking back' and 'addressing' this and that can rebuild credibility. My two cents, but I think it's a real emperor's new clothes moment for a lot of people.

He's just another turncoat fraud.

Wasn't he part of the people who played a demo of the game months before it's release? He was very much aware of the state of CP2077, he just decided to ride on that CDPR's dick until the tide started to turn.

Crowbcat Cyberpunk 2077 video pretty much nails it about people like Yongyea, in fact he stopped making CDPR/CP2077 for a while after that video was released.

I don't know how they didn't see that coming. It seems they lost touch with reality...
Their port of Witcher III + expansions for PS4 was succesfull because the devs actually gave it a rodent's ass, and polished it to a good degree.
Did they polish it?
TW3 runs better on a toaster pc with a witcher1/xbox360-era intel Core2Quad Q6600 (200$ in 2007) paired with a gtx750ti (120$ in 2014) than on a PS4 (TW2 runs about as well as TW3 on a toaster). Meanwhile on PS4 reloads take minutes and if you accumulate more than a page's worth of items in TW3 then the game starts chugging for a few seconds every time you scroll through items in your inventory. At which point it also pauses to load for a few seconds every time you start a conversation with a shopkeeper or any other dialog/cinematic. You have to dump all your inventory to make it playable again. This doesn't happen on pc.

It wasn't particularly polished on PS4, it was just made an undemanding game to begin with so it ran ok (and the paid media called it buggy for months). The only thing they seemingly paid attention to polish on PS4 was digital foundry's autistic video bitching/blackmail about 29fps in the swamp area (which I'm sure was "fixed" as a marketing decision).

As for whether they lost touch with reality because they couldn't see the cyberpunk debacle coming: all they did was stick to their M.O., do business as usual because mismanaged projects with unclear design directions that lead to repeated development reboots and a third of the game's scope/content getting scrapped in the months leading to release worked for them 3 times before.

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I don't know how they didn't see that coming. It seems they lost touch with reality...
Their port of Witcher III + expansions for PS4 was succesfull because the devs actually gave it a rodent's ass, and polished it to a good degree.
Did they polish it?
TW3 runs better on a toaster pc with a witcher1/xbox360-era intel Core2Quad Q6600 (200$ in 2007) paired with a gtx750ti (120$ in 2014) than on a PS4 (TW2 runs about as well as TW3 on a toaster). Meanwhile on PS4 reloads take minutes and if you accumulate more than a page's worth of items in TW3 then the game starts chugging for a few seconds every time you scroll through items in your inventory. At which point it also pauses to load for a few seconds every time you start a conversation with a shopkeeper or any other dialog/cinematic. You have to dump all your inventory to make it playable again. This doesn't happen on pc.
:philosoraptor:
If you're saying all this shit about this port, you didn't 100% the game in original hardware, like I did. I had very few crashes, in my experience, nothing I wouldn't see if I were on PC (and I watched different playthroughs at YT).
You probably ilegally played it using some crappy emulator, to be having so many problems.
Believe it or not (not that I really care, if you doubt my word), I had a great time playing W III on console...

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Did they polish it?
If you're saying all this shit about this port, you didn't 100% the game in original hardware, like I did. I had very few crashes, in my experience, nothing I wouldn't see if I were on PC (and I watched different playthroughs at YT).
You probably ilegally played it using some crappy emulator, to be having so many problems.
Believe it or not (not that I really care, if you doubt my word), I had a great time playing W III on console...

Lol game was droping to 19 fps all the time on launch build great polish indeed

:retarded:

CrunchyHemorrhoids is right they did exactly the same thing they did with witcher games and released it unfinished I mean Witcher 2 didnt even have an intro or outro till they released enhanced edition :lol: and if you wanna talk about cut content witcher 2 is the biggest offender whole act and epilouge cut out of the game but references to this cut content still stayed for example you have constant references to Dol blathana which was supposed to be end game area but you never visit it in the game :hahano: and if you cant see the rushed ending with unfinished plotlines in Witcher 3 (what happens to Radovid and Dijkstra is idiotic and then you have the fate of the lodge which was supposed to be betrayed by Yen for Ciri and references to this are still in the game dialogue but that plotline never goes anywhere) you are retarted.

Last edited:

Zer0wing

Cipher
Did they polish it?

:retarded:

CrunchyHemorrhoids is right they did exactly the same thing they did with witcher games and released it unfinished I mean Witcher 2 didnt even have an intro or outro till they released enhanced edition :lol: and if you wanna talk about cut content witcher 2 is the biggest offender whole act and epilouge cut out of the game but references to this cut content still stayed for example you have constant references to Dol blathana which was supposed to be end game area but you never visit it in the game :hahano: and if you cant see the rushed ending with unfinished plotlines in Witcher 3 you are retarted.

Final patch footage looks more barren, tbh. Probably because it's a different time of day. When extreme case scenario scenes match, so does the framerate between the two. Yes, it's more stable in final patch at 30fps cap (and probably culling is improved, I guess) but not much else.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Final patch footage looks more barren, tbh. Probably because it's a different time of day. When extreme case scenario scenes match, so does the framerate between the two. Yes, it's more stable in final patch at 30fps cap (and probably culling is improved, I guess) but not much else.
shitbox4 was already having problems running glitcher 3 its no wonder cyberbug set entirely in the city ( those drops to 19 fps happen in Novigrad mostly) runs like shit.

mkultra

Augur

Heh, easy to see how they optimized it... more pop-ups in the final build. very, very easy optimization to do, i'd argue it's not optimization it's just degrading the graphics quality (which they had already done in a very extreme way in comparison to the first videos - they even changed the renderer to a much more simplistic one with less realistic lighting.)

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Heh, easy to see how they optimized it... more pop-ups in the final build. very, very easy optimization to do, i'd argue it's not optimization it's just degrading the graphics quality.
That's how this big companies optimize even rockstar gayming nerfed lod values in gta 5 and called it optimization this is why the only way to play is on pc where some autist will make a mod with increased lod values.

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3193

3193-1533072125-1176617306.jpeg

3193-1533072151-702006209.jpeg

Yeah you got me, I ran it on an illegal PS4 emulator. :lol:
https://youtu.be/stSkbdhecF4?t=173
https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/4lstip/witcher_3_ps4_loading_screens_between_dialogue/
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/702760-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/71894627
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/702760-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/71941253

mkultra

Augur
That's how this big companies optimize even rockstar gayming nerfed lod values in gta 5 and called it optimization

yes, i know.. they're so fake, but of course it sounds better than "good news everyone! we have now degraded the graphics for more FPS!"

lycanwarrior

Scholar

CKB3NzW_d.webp

He's just another turncoat fraud.

Wasn't he part of the people who played a demo of the game months before it's release? He was very much aware of the state of CP2077, he just decided to ride on that CDPR's dick until the tide started to turn.

Crowbcat Cyberpunk 2077 video pretty much nails it about people like Yongyea, in fact he stopped making CDPR/CP2077 for a while after that video was released.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt (for now) since evidently there were a number of people who enjoyed the game (mostly on PC or next-gen console).

When Gameranx and Wccftech had their annual Reader's Choice awards, Cyberpunk did rank near the top for "Best game overall" lol. I think for both sites, Cypberpunk actually won "RPG of the Year" awards lmao

:dealwithit:

I haven't played CyberPunk 2077 and don't have any plans to do so.

Wunderbar

Arcane
https://www.databreaches.net/babuk-re-organizes-as-payload-bin-offers-its-first-leak/

CD Projekt. CD Projekt was attacked in February by attackers using what is believed to be the Hello Kitty ransomware. The hackers had put the stolen source code up for sale on a Russian-language forum, listing it all as:
  • Full sources for the games Thronebreaker , Witcher 3 , the undeclared Witcher 3 RTX (the version of the Witcher with raytracing) and of course Cyberpunk 2077
  • Dumps of internal documents
  • CD Projekt RED offenses .

They subsequently withdrew the auction listing, claiming that they had received a satisfactory offer from outside of the forum, and that because of a condition of no further distribution, they were removing the listing from auction.

Now Payload Bin says they will make all source code available on its site. So what, exactly, happened to that sale with “no further distribution?”

L7lgh7G.png

So hackers decided to leak CDPR's shit despite being paid in order no to do so. And in addition to Witcher 3, cyberpunk 77 and gwent source codes they are also going to leak CDPR's PS4, PS5, Xbox series X and Switch SDKs.

:dead: poles are fucked.

racofer

Thread Incliner
https://www.databreaches.net/babuk-re-organizes-as-payload-bin-offers-its-first-leak/

CD Projekt. CD Projekt was attacked in February by attackers using what is believed to be the Hello Kitty ransomware. The hackers had put the stolen source code up for sale on a Russian-language forum, listing it all as:
  • Full sources for the games Thronebreaker , Witcher 3 , the undeclared Witcher 3 RTX (the version of the Witcher with raytracing) and of course Cyberpunk 2077

They subsequently withdrew the auction listing, claiming that they had received a satisfactory offer from outside of the forum, and that because of a condition of no further distribution, they were removing the listing from auction.

Now Payload Bin says they will make all source code available on its site. So what, exactly, happened to that sale with “no further distribution?”

L7lgh7G.png

So hackers decided to leak CDPR's shit despite being paid in order no to do so. And in addition to Witcher 3, cyberpunk 77 and gwent source codes they are also going to leak CDPR's PS4, PS5, Xbox series X and Switch SDKs.

Probably retaliation against CDPR's terrible handling of Cyberpunk post launch. It has been six months and pretty much no progress other than some band-aids and staples. No DLCs, no significant updates, the "fixes" are hilariously bad (cop spawn distance increased 20%!!!), and now the latest CDPR meetings suggest they are moving on and sweeping Cyberpunk under the rug.

I would like to think CDPR will learn a hard lesson from this fiasco, but that ain't happening. Instead, now they will focus on 2 instead of 1 AAA release simultaneously! What could go wrong?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine

L7lgh7G.png

So what now tards last time everyone was saying that they invented the hacking story xD

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom