Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

KVVRR

Learned
It wouldn't fit CP2077 at all. GTA games had some gangster story in the center, but always featured a wacky sidegame where you could go nuts and explode shit, and drive a tank and shoot down helicopters. But it was so narratively dissonant that they actually introduced a separate character in GTA V (Trevor) to try to explain it.

CP2077 is a much more serious, narratively driven game, so that kind of rampage shit would bring very little to it.
The setting itself has so many people, in universe, going rambo berserk outta nowhere that they have their own term and personal private police to shoot them down. V is literally dissasociating more and more the more the story progresses and turning into a literal busted, possibly fake version of a rockstar drug addict guilt ridden terrorist. Were it not for the lack of systems allowing such a killing spree in game and Mike saying that the chip stops V from going cyberpsycho (for whatever reason) I'd say the random player killing sprees fit way, way more in 2077 than any GTA.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
serious game
whats-the-most-annoying-ad-to-see-hear-constantly-the-way-v0-wh97tqgy7kx91.jpg

KVVRR

Learned
I disagree. If anything, those parts of GTA always made it worse, not better. What is the point of going on a rampage in a serious game?
The point is that the scalating game of mouse and cat a police system brings is often the most engaging way a player can act with the world in these kinds of games. And its often one of the funnest part of them, too.

I disagree. If anything, those parts of GTA always made it worse, not better. What is the point of going on a rampage in a serious game?
The point is that the scalating game of mouse and cat a police system brings is often the most engaging way a player can act with the world in these kinds of games. And its often one of the funnest part of them, too.

That's because GTA games were always fairly immature. What you really want to get to is realistic cities, where you have to behave (within reason) or cops will kill you fast. Actual simulation in such games would be great, but not to go on rampages, more to aid in regular gameplay, something like Shadows of Doubt.

ind33d

Learned
There is no reason the player would get into a serious armed conflict with the feds considering the majority of the game's content is fucking pro-bono police work to the point that your best friend is a fucking detective. The lack of a functional wanted system is more proof the original storyline was focused on MaxTac and River Ward. Of course there wouldn't be police chases if you were a cop

lefthandblack

Arcane
Because it is fun.
title.png

Even in the future, larger cars are the safer option.
midnightbbq.png

popcorn.png

She drove a minivan, I hate minivans.
lookatyounow.png

niceswim.png

I killed the gangers who were bothering her and she still want's to act all bashful.
whysoserious.png

Just eye-candy.
oilcan.png

nicenets.png

pro-bono police work to the point that your best friend is a fucking detective.
look for "cyberpunk red" ruleset, a revised edition in celebration of cp2077. classes descriptions, EVERYONE is a goody two-shoes, everyone, even crime lords are there to actually sabotage their own operations.
horrifying and creepifying.

Caim

Arcane
pro-bono police work to the point that your best friend is a fucking detective.
look for "cyberpunk red" ruleset, a revised edition in celebration of cp2077. classes descriptions, EVERYONE is a goody two-shoes, everyone, even crime lords are there to actually sabotage their own operations.
horrifying and creepifying.
It's called Cyberpunk Red because that's the political alignment being pushed.

Quillon

Arcane
original storyline was focused on MaxTac and River Ward
souce? I missed a leeek?
The whole Braindance subplot that goes nowhere was supposed to be because you were a detective but obviously that all got cut when CDPR had to ship a minimum-viable product because of corporate meddling
MaxTac's almost nonexistent in the game, one'd expect at least some remnants of MT content if they focused on them in development at some point. Which BD subplot went nowhere? First was about determining who killed the governor which was solved more or less and the other was about Peter Pan case which is also solved...

Gargaune

Arcane
So, I'm thinking of finally playing this... Are there any essential mods I should use?
You've held out this long why not wait for the expansion?
Agreed, especially if you want to mod it, you might even consider waiting until towards the end of the year for the expansion to get its patches as well. Modding Cyberpunk is an unholy mess of interdependencies, so it might be worth holding off until the support cycle's done or you're comfortable ignoring new patches.

no man, you can't ask that, despite not doing it some people here say even gta does it, so you can't expect a game with a billion budget to offer a better experience than anything else.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
So, I'm thinking of finally playing this... Are there any essential mods I should use?
You've held out this long why not wait for the expansion?
Right. Because you can't play the game twice. Not being sarcastic here, the scripted story shit gets so grating a second playthrough becomes a chore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom