Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

ind33d

Learned
So, I'm thinking of finally playing this... Are there any essential mods I should use?
You've held out this long why not wait for the expansion?
Right. Because you can't play the game twice. Not being sarcastic here, the scripted story shit gets so grating a second playthrough becomes a chore.
You literally can't play the game twice or it will become apparent that most of the dialogue options don't do anything

Gargaune

Arcane
The whole Braindance subplot that goes nowhere was supposed to be because you were a detective but obviously that all got cut when CDPR had to ship a minimum-viable product because of corporate meddling
MaxTac's almost nonexistent in the game, one'd expect at least some remnants of MT content if they focused on them in development at some point. Which BD subplot went nowhere? First was about determining who killed the governor which was solved more or less and the other was about Peter Pan case which is also solved...
Yes, there's nothing in the game to suggest it was ever designed to be Cybercop 2077. Everything that's in there, from life paths to fixer gigs, is inherently contextualised to a criminal PC, not a policeman, and this also applies to the core Silverhand thread. Planning errors and mismanagement caused Cyberpunnk to be rushed and cut down, refactored into what we got, whereas swapping over from a police storyline to the released content would've involved more work, not less.

You literally can't play the game twice or it will become apparent that most of the dialogue options don't do anything
That becomes apparent enough on your first playthrough.

Trithne

Erudite
You were always intended to be some flavour of Solo With A Heart Of Gold, so basically Twitcher in the future.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Right. Because you can't play the game twice. Not being sarcastic here, the scripted story shit gets so grating a second playthrough becomes a chore.
i wish for mod that creates character post heist

most serve for johny secret ending, although that one never worked for me

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
This game turned out pretty meh. I played it after it was fixed (never played it when it was broke) and it was just, I don't know. It feels like a mashup of GTA and nu Deus Ex, but is shittier than both of those things. I guess that's the best way to describe it.

Modron

Arcane
It feels like a mashup of GTA and nu Deus Ex, but is shittier than both of those things. I guess that's the best way to describe it.
Not the first game this happened to. The Saboteur tried to mix GTA and Assassin's Creed and was way worse than either of them.

Frozen

Arcane
I tried this game when it came out, but you seem to be surrounded by Latino filth and niggers from the ghetto...why would anyone want to play that?

It also does not look futuristic enough, more like trash America of today. And main character is dull as fuck.

Frozen

Arcane
No, it's not me because I am a real man living in a country in Europe.

You are on a role-playing games forum, but still fail to grasp basic definition of role play.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Personally I can't really imagine a sci-punk game without minorities all over the place -- basically, not being minorities anymore.

An all-white cyberpunk world just sounds like some sort of Third Reich wet dream to me, no basis in reality.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Started installing Cyberpunk from disk on my PS5 exactly 3 hours ago. Now at 97%. wtf. This is not even the next gen patch to PS5 yet.

ind33d

Learned
And main character is dull as fuck.
... The main character is you
Gender selection and appearance is the only meaningful agency the player has over V, they're as set in stone as Witcher 2/3 Geralt is otherwise.
What missions you accept and how you accomplish them is the characterization. That's like saying a player has no agency over his Dungeons and Dragons character because all he does is kill monsters

I helped Kerry Eurodyne burn somebody's yacht because I pitied him and wanted him to turn his life around. That was more interesting than most decisions I've made fucking IRL

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
What missions you accept and how you accomplish them is the characterization.
Headcanon is not a substitute for actual mechanical reactivity.
Remember in Witcher 1 with the Neutral/Scoia'tael/Church decisions and how Geralt's dialogue and journal entries would begin to reflect the underlying philosophies of whoever you sided with for the rest of the game? Such is the lost art of actual RPG design.

Frozen

Arcane
Personally I can't really imagine a sci-punk game without minorities all over the place -- basically, not being minorities anymore.

An all-white cyberpunk world just sounds like some sort of Third Reich wet dream to me, no basis in reality.

Thats because you are American who assumes it should reflect present-day United States.

If its cyberpunk in let's say China, you would find niggers only in Zoo

Frozen

Arcane
And main character is dull as fuck.
... The main character is you
Gender selection and appearance is the only meaningful agency the player has over V, they're as set in stone as Witcher 2/3 Geralt is otherwise.
What missions you accept and how you accomplish them is the characterization. That's like saying a player has no agency over his Dungeons and Dragons character because all he does is kill monsters

I helped Kerry Eurodyne burn somebody's yacht because I pitied him and wanted him to turn his life around. That was more interesting than most decisions I've made fucking IRL

I see we have gamebryo lover addicted to head canon.

You know whats even better then playing a Bethesda game? Imagine it all in your head not just the plot. Less buggy and better dialogue.

Frozen

Arcane
Point is that present day America is not the entire world.
I don't get why Americans assume it is. It's actually just tinny part of it.
Even with their education they should assume there is something more out there beyond the 50 states.

jackofshadows

Magister
This isn't true at all. Did you even play the game? There's tons of decisions to make from little ones like who to spare and who to kill to several endings for the main quest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom