Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I know that. But you simply don't understand those rudimentary animations can be improved or reworked. I am not talking about adding 3rd person mode without any work being done.

Yes, in theory they can be improved and reworked, but it would be a massive undertaking, is the point. Way too big an undertaking for modders certainly (as I said, I chatted about this with them), so the question would be whether CDPR would be willing to set the resources aside for it.

I doubt it, I think they'll focus all their efforts on polishing and perfecting the story (and whatever new areas that needs), as they did in the main game

Vatnik Wumao
So what are people predictions toward expansion ?
It's not going to solve any core gameplay issues and at most will provide a more chiseled experience for what was already present in vanilla (i.e. think of Far Harbor vs vanilla F4). Makes it worth checking out as a storyfag since the narrative design of the base game was pretty good (when not incomplete, like with the token background-based choices which I'm guessing might be made more prominent in the expansion and tied to some degree of narrative C&C).

DeepOcean

Arcane
My bet is that it will be like Hearts of Stone but with a small open world area addition and some jury rigging on the police system so some form of limited car combat exist.

Perkel

Arcane
My bet is that it will be like Hearts of Stone but with a small open world area addition and some jury rigging on the police system so some form of limited car combat exist.

Imho the biggest obstacle to car combat is that city wasn't designed with it in mind. IT was designed to be realistic city which means narrow roads which means AI has to be perfect at managing how it drives which is probably reason why they scrapped it from final game or never focused on it.

Games with chases usually have very wide roads.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
I made it to act two in this one before uninstalling it.

Bad first impression when I couldn’t even make it through the character creation process without becoming extremely annoyed because there was a random drift on the left controller stick. Only way to stop it was to plug the controller in to the ps5 via USB. So, to even play the game, I had to get off the couch and sit in front of the tv like I was in a kindergarten class.

The game really forces you into being some kind of retard. This isn’t as big of a problem when you’re playing a retard written by someone else, but in this game you’ve created a character and you may not have known that you were supposed to tank the intelligence stat. The game opens and I’m supposed to do a sketchy job for a sketchy guy in a sketchy bar so that I can pay off the debt of this bartender I just met. No thank you! Oh wait, the game is unable to progress unless I agree to this horseshit?

Fiiiine, so I walk out the back door and an even sketchier guy pulls up with a goon and beckons me to get into the car with him. No thank you, I’ll walk! I wait for a few minutes and the goon continues to stare at me. I turn around and return to the bar. I walk around and take in all the details for about ten minutes. Surely that creep and his orc have left by now. I return and they haven’t moved a muscle. Am I being railroaded into a rape? Who wrote this?

The entire prologue is like this, requiring you to make nonsense decisions so that you can be railroaded into improbable situations. Why are we doing this stupid heist? I made $100,000 in less than a week, paid off my medical debt and bought all the most expensive implants available while just running around blowing up gangsters and selling their stuff.

At the end of the heist, your big Spanish friend is dead (que triste) so you walk into the world’s creepiest motel. Why don’t you go wash your face while the scary Slavic goon stands menacingly beside the doorway? No thanks, I’m leaving actually. Oh, I can’t leave. Okay, I’ll pull out one of the 50 guns that I looted when I was laying waste to the corporate security forces with my metal hands that can light people on fire… Oh… I’m not allowed. I’m being railroaded into a retard’s death when there were a million other, much less insulting opportunities to kill me? Whyyyyy?

Then you have all this melodrama about the Keanu brain tumor and 10 minutes later it’s a silly wacky quest with an AI taxi and his multiple personalities complete with a """hilarious""" callback to the videogame Portal. I really think you need to decide on a tone and stick with it because, for me at least, I get completely divorced from the experience when the game has these frequent, giant tonal shifts.

The final straw for me was after doing a stupid job for a guy I happened upon in a bar. I’m pissed that he even came up with this plan. He asks me, a random person who was bunny hopping around a bar and staring at people, to go rescue a guy in hostile territory. But he is extremely vague about everything, so vague that no one on earth would be able to feasibly complete the job at all. Then he tries to give me a sword as a reward after implying that the reward would be a car.

I pull out my gun as any sensible person would do, but it won’t let me shoot him. WHY!? Okay, but I have 30 frag grenades in my quick slot. You fucked up now quest guy! I throw all 30 of them and watch these two dinguses flinch slightly after each explosion crushes all of their tissues and sends red hot shards careening into their vital organs. They survive the ordeal and don’t even acknowledge what just happened. I close the game and uninstall it.

My prediction is that they'll add the GTA wanted system and everyone will cheer for five minutes before they realize that it only makes sense in GTA because being arrested means you respawn at the hospital without your guns, which are generic disposable ones so no one will lose their shit and instareload.

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
My prediction is that they'll add the GTA wanted system and everyone will cheer for five minutes before they realize that it only makes sense in GTA because being arrested means you respawn at the hospital without your guns, which are generic disposable ones so no one will lose their shit and instareload.
I still don't get why people want a wanted system of all things. Why would the Codex of all places want to turn Cyberpunk into GTA? Shouldn't the focus be on RPG improvements like better items or more CoC? Maybe even new ending options? Why are a better police system and vehicle combat always the first things that are being brought up?

Last edited:

EvilWolf

Learned
I still don't get why people want a wanted system of all things. Why would the Codex of all places want to turn Cyberpunk into GTA? Shouldn't the focus be on RPG improvements like better items or more CoC? Maybe even new ending options? Why are a better police system and vehicle combat always the first things that are being brought up?
The same people who bitch and moan about Cyberpunk being a GTA clone ("This game is too bright!", "The trailer is EXACTLY like GTA 5!", "Cyber-why did I move here? I guess it was the weather, huyuck!") also want to turn it into more of a GTA clone ("Why this game no have police wanted level with car chases and combat?!", "Why this game no have more apartments!", "Why this game no have car customization?", "V is boring add more characters and let us switch between them!") The duality of retards.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Well I have to say that 2 weeks into this game, it's kind of hard to LARP as a criminal. You get money, xp and street cred by helping the NCPD to fight the gangs, but there's really no way to do gigs for the Tygers or Maelstrom for the most part.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I wish the guy making Blackwall comes back, this overhaul mod had so much promise. Even what he already has done is great, but I worry it will gradually fall out of compatibility with the game.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
New mod that makes enemies use more abilities.
tldr - disabling enemy cyberware is now mandatory?
more movesets for exoskeleton types seems neat
The only downside of this mod is that you are forced to not be a netrunner. I mean netrunner is OP AF, but with this and them having very high resistances and straight up immunity to some quickhack and V having really low HP as netrunner, even at late game you'd feel like you're getting shat on like early game. The strongest so far is Berserk since it's a total boost in stats. Sandevistan gets nullified completely by bosses since most if not all of them have Sandy.That being said. This will definitely change how you play the game:

Netrunners will be more tactical, you're the brains, you do everything in the shadows, no more walking in and out like you own the place. You have to really manage your RAM and cooldowns, ping will be more useful than ever because if they spot you, you're dead.

Sandevistan users will feel like playing the cool rival of the main character of a shonen anime. You know, you're as strong as the main character but in the middle of fighting, you realize that the villain can do what you can do and they're better so they will F you up and you need to be saved by the main character.

Berserk users will feel like the main character. Being the one who isn't the most powerful but because of very high HP, you have a lot of chances to call forth the power of friendship and go on fighting for longer periods of time until you ultimately defeat the villain.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
straight up immunity to some quickhack
Tier 1: Enemies with Tier 1 quickhack immunities are immune to suicide and cyberpsychosis
Tier 2: Immune to suicide, cyberpsychosis, detonate grenade
Tier 3: Immune to suicide, cyberpsychosis, detonate grenade and cripple movement
Tier 4: Immune to blinding/reboot optics
they appear to be mostly targetting cool quickhacks. Still, cyberware malfunction seem pretty important to have and is not part of this list

EvilWolf

Learned
straight up immunity to some quickhack
Tier 1: Enemies with Tier 1 quickhack immunities are immune to suicide and cyberpsychosis
Tier 2: Immune to suicide, cyberpsychosis, detonate grenade
Tier 3: Immune to suicide, cyberpsychosis, detonate grenade and cripple movement
Tier 4: Immune to blinding/reboot optics
they appear to be mostly targetting cool quickhacks. Still, cyberware malfunction seem pretty important to have and is not part of this list
Wouldn't it be more realistic to tie a success rate to your INT instead of outright giving immunity? It doesn't make sense for someone with tier 1 protection to be immune to your kill daemons if you have 20 int.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Wouldn't it be more realistic to tie a success rate to your INT instead of outright giving immunity? It doesn't make sense for someone with tier 1 protection to be immune to your kill daemons if you have 20 int.

It would.

Better yet, let people hack who they want and face the risk of backlash from an enemy with superior hardware/software.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

It would.

Better yet, let people hack who they want and face the risk of backlash from an enemy with superior hardware/software.
sure, im ready after they suicide themselves

Jason Liang

Arcane
Need some build advice chooms!

I was planning on speccing into Reflexes for sniper rifles, knives and katanas, but the closer I look into Reflex the less enthusiasm I have for it. The perks seem pretty lousy overall, especially the high end ones that require > 15 Reflex. Also I wasn't planning on using a Sandevistan but even if I did there are Legendary Sandies with 15 Reflex requirement. Is Reflex worth speccing into at all, and how much?

Should I:
- Keep Reflex at 3
- Raise Reflex to 15
- Raise Reflex to 20?

I'm playing on hard so far.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

I was planning on speccing into Reflexes for sniper rifles, knives and katanas, but the closer I look into Reflex the less enthusiasm I have for it. The perks seem pretty lousy overall, especially the high end ones that require > 15 Reflex. Also I wasn't planning on using a Sandevistan but even if I did there are Legendary Sandies with 15 Reflex requirement. Is Reflex worth speccing into at all, and how much?

Should I:
- Keep Reflex at 3
- Raise Reflex to 15
- Raise Reflex to 20?

it doesnt matter. That being said reflex sucks in general since it got horrible feats until 15-20, depending on weapon of choice. You will likely be better of going tech route for charged sniper rifle

EvilWolf

Learned

Should I:
- Keep Reflex at 3
- Raise Reflex to 15
- Raise Reflex to 20?

You said it yourself, if you want to go the cyberninja route with sniper rifles Reflex is the primary stat with Cool being secondary for stealth and/or shock and awe depending on the tree you focus on. It all depends on how you want to play the game; what weapons you want to use and how you want to handle missions. If you like snipers to start things off and melee to finish them go reflex 20.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
if anything main reason to grab high reflex would be hp heal per kill(up to 2% i think)
However tech is superior since you can get 10% on weapon discharge. Fine to have both but at least tech got cool stuff all the way, not just at high levels.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
rdd55lakwq4b1.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom