Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

EvilWolf

Learned
You disagree and you cite this reason, but maybe you didn't grow up seeing this industry rise from its inception then descend to its current state of being like I have.

Trust me, the entry point for PC gaming used to be much higher. Only the smart kids had PCs or Apples or C64s, while the drooling morons all had their Ataris and eventually their... *shudder* NES's.
You are absolutely correct- back then. But the key point is used to. At this point any joe has been able to operate a computer for a generation, and the barrier is long gone.
I blame the rise in the third party pre-build market, but by and large Crispy's point still hold's true. The market is definitely changing but the majority of normies are still playing on consoles and only have a PC to post on plebbit.

Trithne

Erudite
You disagree and you cite this reason, but maybe you didn't grow up seeing this industry rise from its inception then descend to its current state of being like I have.

Trust me, the entry point for PC gaming used to be much higher. Only the smart kids had PCs or Apples or C64s, while the drooling morons all had their Ataris and eventually their... *shudder* NES's.
You are absolutely correct- back then. But the key point is used to. At this point any joe has been able to operate a computer for a generation, and the barrier is long gone.
I blame the rise in the third party pre-build market, but by and large Crispy's point still hold's true. The market is definitely changing but the majority of normies are still playing on consoles and only have a PC to post on plebbit.
They don't even do that. They post on plebbit from their phones via apps that can only read reddit. See the rise of "screenshots" that are photos of a screen, because the user doesn't know how or care to log into reddit on their computer to post a proper one.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
new character models in game, they mention johny got reworked character model which is much better now.
Heh, I spotted this right in the trailer itself. One of the things that disappointed me most when I first played Cyberpunk was Johnny's model, because my base of comparison was the cinematic trailer with the "Wake up, samurai" line.

All vehicles have detailed damage-models, you can shoot through/break windows, slash tires and there's new quick-hacks to accelerate or stop enemy cars
This has the potential to bump requirements I guess, but still I don't think it will be as bad as they are setting us up to expect in that chart.

Readher

Savant
Well, that's almost my whole point. PC-only users are very likely, in my opinion and estimation, to be more intelligent and dare I say sophisticated compared to console gamers. The floor would be raised higher and, thus, also likely, so would the ceiling.

But it's all a moot point anyway.
Current PC users are like 75% low iq mongrels. This is mostly due to exodus from consoles that happened during PS4/X1 era, due to the disappointing console performance. The one thing PC crowd is definitely better at is demanding performance and certain QoL/accessibility features (e.g. customizable field of view), but even then you have morons defending unoptimized slop all the time.

Look at the sales and reviews of every Snoyslop game that comes to PC nowadays. Current PC players absolutely love railroady moviegames and just wank to the graphics. That's because they are ex-console players that only moved to PC to have better graphics and framerates. I remember when Halo MCC came to PC and 343 locked .ini editing or something and there were so many cucks that were defending it and calling edditing settings in a fucking config file "cheating" that it was astonishing. Those faggots never played idTech 3 games like Q3A or CoD1-CoD5 where sharing configs of pro players was like a side-activity of playing the game, and you had access to dev console where you could change cvars on the fly (naturally some were cheat protected and required the server to allow them, as it should be). They are used to a heavily curated experience where a nanny developer tells them what's okay and what's not.

koyota

Cipher
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Current PC players absolutely love railroady moviegames and just wank to the graphics.

Have any good mods for difficulty + XP Progression been released?

Quit playing this half-way because Street Cred got to 50 and I could destroy anything without a fight due to my magical hacking abilities.

Why give this Sub Quest Heavy, Detailed Lore Rich World only to have you level cap -even on very high difficulty- and become a god 1/3 of the way through exploring it.

Last edited:

Readher

Savant
How come no one told me that Fallout 4 is getting a new DLC.
iLVHUx.image.png

Jason Liang

Arcane
Current PC players absolutely love railroady moviegames and just wank to the graphics.

Have any good mods for difficulty + XP Progression been released?

Quit playing this half-way because Street Cred got to 50 and I could destroy anything without a fight due to my magical hacking abilities.

Why give this Sub Quest Heavy, Detailed Lore Rich World only to have you level cap -even on very high- and become a god 1/3 of the way through exploring it.
I think most of the sub quests are meant for post game.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Night Market definitely captures the Cyberpunk look I remember from the classic Netrunner CCG better than the base game.

128.jpg
92.jpg
80.jpg
24.jpg

https://twitter.com/TheSphereHunter/status/1668338194591649792

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1668338194591649792.html

So I got to play a lot of Phantom Liberty and my ultimate take away is that in the past three years CDPR has essentially remade the entire game. Every single fundamental and mechanic is improved. Like even the character models have been remodeled. Impressions. ⬇️⬇️⬇️

Leveling is now skill based so you’re unlocking new attacks and abilities not just getting small stat increases. Clothes no longer give you stats or armor, (unless it is literally armor) stats come from your cyberware which places greater emphasis on customization.

You do have a body limit so you can’t chrome out too much without taking an HP decrease which makes you actually think about how you customize yourself. The police system is everything you wanted, MAX TAC come in via drop ship. Police and Gangs now chase each other and you.

Leveling cyberware on a new skill tree unlocks special abilities like overdriving your gorilla arm punch smacking enemies into the stratosphere. Ai is vastly improved, they block and hide behind cover. I couldn’t just run up to a still target and kill it easily.

The melee combat feels a lot better and dodging is now it’s own button, you can anime zip to a point now instead doing that tiny hop. There are also stylish executions on its own button. And you can block bullets with your blade weapons.

And honestly there are too many other changes and improvements to recall right now. It’s like a brand new game. It’s fuckin great.

All of these changes are also coming in the base game, it’s not just in the expansion. The entire game has been redone with this stuff.

Will itemization be not shit this time around?
They are adding different "tiers" of guns. Not sure what that means. Whether this means that the same gun can spawn, but with a different tier, or that all pistol models have set static tiers -- I don't know. The former option would be worse, but I would be okay with it as long as they would add more "worn out" looking skins for lower tier variants.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://wccftech.com/phantom-libert...tons-of-new-content-to-make-night-city-alive/

Phantom Liberty Q&A – Cyberpunk 2077 Is Getting a New Ending and Tons of New Content to Make Night City Alive​

At Summer Game Fest 2023's Play Days, we had the chance to finally check out the long-awaited Phantom Liberty expansion for Cyberpunk 2077. After a presentation held by CD Projekt RED, we interviewed Gabe Amatangelo, Game Director and VP at the Polish studio, to go over the finer details of Phantom Liberty.

You can check out our overview article on the newly released official details, including the release date, here.

One of the big things that fans are wondering about is Phantom Liberty's scope. Cyberpunk 2077 once had two announced DLCs and it feels like it's been kind of merged into a single one with Phantom Liberty. Can you share anything on this and why you're calling it a spy/thriller expansion?

So, certainly, this is a full expansion with a lot of content and features. As to why we're calling it a spy thriller, well, I mean, what did you just play? You just rescued the president and you've got this mysterious netrunner agent that's chatting with you, right? It's the story we went for and it's the genre we went for because we felt that it was fun, but also introduced a kind of new category of complex characters and we like doing them, we like complex characters.

They broaden your horizons and create new dynamics and ways to get attached or opposed to and have a feeling about.

You've mentioned characters. Who else is going to be there beyond Songbird as far as the new characters you want to focus on?

So, I certainly don't want to do spoilers. We got Songbird, this mysterious New United States of America agent and netrunner and I was hesitating there because I'm trying to not say certain things.

And then you've seen, we did an introduction with Idris Elba as Reed. He's also a sort of sleeper agent and we've got the president that you just rescued, Rosalind Myers. We've got some of the fixers that you saw a little bit of in the base game. They play a bigger role because of course, you as V are an important role in this whole situation, so you pull in some of your fixer relationships and it becomes part of the story, which is very cool. I don't think I want to say any other ones.

Oh, Kurt, of course, we talked about Kurt Hansen who's an ex New United States of America colonel who's now this kind of military tyrant in this district that's broken off of Night City. He's got control and authority and his own ways of doing stuff there. And then we want that district to feel very different and there's a number of ways we went about that.

Will the new Dogtown district be separated into smaller components or just primary, that one district?

Dogtown does have subdistricts within it. Kurt Hansen has his control over all of them. He's got a lot of wealth and strength through some weapons dealing as well as how he runs the town. There's so much more I want to say, but it would be spoilers and I'm not going to.

But yeah, it's broken up in three areas like the upper district, the main kind of strip, and then the lower district. There's citizens in Dogtown, there's also outcasts in Dogtown and of course, there's Barghest, his military militia that's throughout downtown.

Why did you pick Idris Elba to play the role of Solomon Reed?

Idris Elba is a phenomenal actor. We saw him as a great... Well, let me put it this way. When you look at the world of Cyberpunk 2077, you got the legends, like V, the cyberware fixers, and you've got military individuals with Cyber, you've got agents.

There's certain badasses with cyberware that have a kind of, what's the word I'm looking for, presence, a presence and Idris Elma just has this strong presence just through his eyes and glances. As we started flushing out the world, he just felt so perfect for the Reed character. Like, we kind of flushed it in mind with him for the Reed character because it is a sleeper agent who is a believer in the New United States of America, but he's got some really complex situations with regards to his relationships with NUSA, which again, I'm trying not to spoil stuff, but he is a badass sleeper agent. He is like the go-to one and you kind of just feel it in the way he walks in his presence. When he was in the booth and we started giving him some direction on what Reed character is. He just like went right into it. He's so pro, he's such a badass, and then he started like kind of growing it even beyond what we were thinking. I'm just super excited about Reed. Again, I want to say more, but I'm not going to spoil it, but he's a badass. He's kind of a father figure in this situation and comes with complex relationships.

Speaking of famous actors, did you guys bring back Keanu Reeves to record any new lines for Phantom Liberty?

Oh, yeah. Keanu Reeves is in this. Yeah, he's throughout it. I mean, you saw some of our teaser trailers and stuff and he, Johnny rather, through the story is going to have some new perspectives and outlooks. He's going to change again in his demeanor based on kind of what happens and what plays out, which is very exciting.

With Phantom Liberty, are you picking up from one of the endings of Cyberpunk 2077, and if so, which one?

No, this takes place in the midst of it. You get to a certain point in the game and this unlocks, but of course, we let you skip right to it much like it was done in The Witcher 3's expansions.

It's the same thing as it takes place during. Now it has endings, different endings based on how things play out. Then, based on the ending within Phantom Liberty, you can unlock a new ending in the base game.

Ok. So is there just one new ending for the base game, or are there going to be multiple, depending on multiple endings of Phantom Liberty?

There's one new ending in the base game because there's already a bunch in the base game endings. But there's a new one that has to do with your new relationships and characters and situations here.

All right. How far do you have to get into the base game before you can start out Phantom Liberty?

I'm not sure if we said specifically, but you got to get to the part with Brigitte and the Voodoo Boys. Once you get to that part, it unlocks this next step. Then again, from the menu, you can skip right ahead to that to create a new character or go from the beginning.

Is there going to be a lot of new side content in Phantom Liberty?

Oh my God. Yes, so much. There's so much like, it's not just the main storyline, there's a bunch of different sort of side quests and side activities and I don't know if we have enough time, but we created all these new things that other characters in the world do and it takes place with or without you. The world is alive and you can intercept or interfere or they can just play out and there's a bunch of new activities like this in the world.

That's the really quick version, but there's a lot of details there and I guess kind of the last one to kind of wrap it up.

Do you have any details on the anticipated improvements for the police system and the vehicular combat?

I have tons, but we don't have much time. Goodness, what do I say? Basically, they have all kinds of new tactics and they'll pull all these new tactics on you depending on how much mayhem - or, in the case of Dogtown, not mayhem because they are kind of a militia. Obviously, if you escalate all the way to that, we're going to have a bunch of different possible conflicts as the situation escalates.

Thank you for your time.

Jason Liang

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom