Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Trithne

Erudite
The problem indeed is that the limit is too restricting, even if I got edgerunner I have a backlog of 3 pieces of good cyberware I can't install yet and who knows if I ever will install all of them and 3 slots still free (2 in the head, since those are mostly haxx implants). They stupidly tied it mostly to player level (+3/level) and gave you almost no reliable option to increase it faster at some expense of other stats as you level up. You might get lucky and get a few cyberware capacity shards, but besides the 2 or 3 perks and leveling engineering for the bonuses there's nothing the player can do to deliberately raise it. I mentioned earlier I feared that tech is going to be mandatory and it does feel like it, the cyberware capacity related perks should have been scattered all around the attribute trees and provide specialized reductions like tied to a build/attribute somehow (reflex perk making sandevistans cost no capacity etc., INT perk reducing head slot cyberware cost).

Agree that the capacity should go up faster, to alleviate the need for tech. I also think that all the "3-slot" cyberware types should be limit to 2 slots, and then you unlock the third with a perk on the relevant attribute, so Int for headware, Body for skinware, etc.

Some ware scales with attributes, like Sandevistans last longer the more Reflexes you have.

Considering there's a perk that rewards you for filling every slot, they expect you to be able to do it, but it seems to be a bit dodgy to do so.

They also seem to assume people will just stick with hacking, as shown by Int being 80% hacking perks and headware being almost exclusively hacking related.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
those of you who are playing with katanas exclusively, how do you deal with red skulls carrying heavy machineguns?
Can sneak on them and take down, but obviously its not always possible.
Cant just keep on blocking, too many bullets.
If I get in range attacks are not enough. Cant stun, enemy just fires at point blank killing me.

Obviously can throw a knife or use hacks to disable, still it feels like I might be missing something.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
those of you who are playing with katanas exclusively, how do you deal with red skulls carrying heavy machineguns?
If I get in range attacks are not enough. Cant stun, enemy just fires at point blank killing me.

Obviously can throw a knife or use hacks to disable, still it feels like I might be missing something.
flashbang maybe like a ninja

Hellraiser

Arcane

In Phantom Liberty you can pick the relic perk showing vulnerabilities (costs 3 points though, so either at the start when Songbird gives the first 3 or after you find some terminals), attacking that should stun them/knock them down in addition to doing massive damage(tm). It makes fights easier in general.

The final blades perk in reflex grants you dismemberment chance which should also help with them, and anyway you should be a killing machine with katanas by that point from all the previous perks, at some point after getting it I stopped noticing the HMG gangoons on very hard, where as earlier at reflex 15 I did struggle when trying to go head on with just the katana, and had to use stealth/throwing knives instead to pick off the harder enemies. The finisher makes it easier to kill them before they fill you with bullets. Bear in mind I also got 15 body for the tank/survivability perks before I got reflex to 20.

I guess the mitigation buff from dashing might help, but I don't use it much unless fighting bosses or something like one of the Animals gangoons with a hammer.

Finally you can just use the berserk OS implant instead of the sandevistan or cyberdeck. In 2.0 it makes you immortal for a time, enough to soak HMG rounds and hack away with the weeb sword. Personally I use the cyberdeck because I like the utility for stealthier approaches, but it is an option.

Last edited:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Personally I use the cyberdeck because I like the utility for stealthier approaches, but it is an option.
yeah i dont even consider switching away from cyberdeck. I enjoy hacking devices too much.

The final blades perk in reflex grants you dismemberment chance which should also help with them
sounds like relying on rng

I guess the mitigation buff from dashing might help, but I don't use it much unless fighting bosses or something like one of the Animals gangoons with a hammer.
i got high cool, im in constant crouch mode with high mitigation bonuses

flashbang maybe like a ninja
that makes so much sense, i must admit i stopped using grenades, i explode environment instead

Hellraiser

Arcane
The final blades perk in reflex grants you dismemberment chance which should also help with them
sounds like relying on rng
Sure, but you get so many hits in anyway in such a short time with all the perks it's guaranteed to happen fairly fast when chopping away at some bullet (or in this case blade) sponge.

Trithne

Erudite
In contrast to my previously statement, I'd say that cyberware capacity isn't actually too stingy, but I still think slots should be more gated based on attributes. I think that in general unless you're specifically aiming to get cybered to the gills, the capacity is intended to make it more that you pick a few worthwhile pieces.
image.png

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
the capacity is intended to make it more that you pick a few worthwhile pieces.
looks like most capacity you get from shards found in criminal activities?

There is a bunch to be gained from tech skill, but you need some tech attribute to lvlup that one by disarming mines.

tech perks do provide a bit but not as much as Id expect

Hellraiser

Arcane
I think that in general unless you're specifically aiming to get cybered to the gills, the capacity is intended to make it more that you pick a few worthwhile pieces.
Overall it seems more about limiting the power of lower level characters than meaningful build choice. I mean if the system wasn't linked to player character level then it would be fine as a limiting factor in addition to available slots.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Anyone notice how Radio volume for all stations except the new ones they introduced is super low? Also have they removed maximum mike talk show from Radio channel Morro rock? Looks like it.

Trithne

Erudite
Anyone notice how Radio volume for all stations except the new ones they introduced is super low? Also have they removed maximum mike talk show from Radio channel Morro rock? Looks like it.

I find the reverse - Morro Rock is decently loud but I tried the new one with Sasha Grey and I can barely hear it.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
1. Why songbird contacted V at all and how in first place, why did she even know he exists. I assume this is supposed to be later some reveal but literally makes no sense from V perspective at the moment.
She is a FIA (new CIA) spook later Reed says that FIA has whole dossier dedicated to V so they know about relic and other stuff.

deama

Prophet
Tried playing this, but for some reason, I'm not really enjoying it. I've played it for a few days now, but something feels missing.

I think the issue is that I'm just disappointed with what type of game this is. I was essentially expecting Red Dead Redemption 2 + Cyberpunk world + more RPG, but just going around in the Cyberpunk world, it doesn't really feel nearly as interactive as a Rockstar game.

There doesn't seem to be that much C&C, at least from my perspective; the story is ok so far.

I also would have liked more crazier end-game builds, I guess? But it doesn't look like that's much possible. Like, is it possible to keep Sandevistan active 24/7? Also, it seems like the highest time reduction you can get is only 60% if you activate it in midair, otherwise 50%.

I was expecting some more interesting things as well, like wall climbing with the spider blade things, too. More movement speed stuff cyberware, more jump-related cyberware, maybe some crazier stuff like some Metal Gear Solid teleporting around, phasing?

The game also feels a bit janky, even after several years of patching and a big update. I sometimes see weird texture flickering/glitches, and characters just going a bit spazzy at times.

There's also a surprising amount of places you just can't go in; I've tried going inside buildings plenty of times but just can't. I tried interacting with shop stalls and other things that you would think you could interact with, but it wasn't possible.

I haven't played this back when it was released; tbh, I was probably expecting way too much, so it's sort of ruined for me. It just feels like a poor man's Rockstar game.

Yosharian

Arcane
The game also feels a bit janky, even after several years of patching and a big update. I sometimes see weird texture flickering/glitches, and characters just going a bit spazzy at times.
Yeah I agree with this, the jank is still too high

Zeriel

Arcane
And last but not least the main motivation of the main character is money and fame, really shows you the subhuman slavic morality. There is no cause, no heroism just greed and we are supposed to be shedding a tear when the plot to get filthy rich goes wrong...oh no not the poor criminal slav
There is thought put into V's character in the beginning. Considering the streetkid origin is the "canon" origin, you can clearly see the writers are setting V up as a youngblood starry-eyed douchebag who is consciously trying to act as someone who is actually tough.

Viktor makes ironic remarks like "once you hit the big leagues, don't forget about us". Dexter slides the news that you're robbing Arasaka, finishing with "surely that's no problem" and if you give the tough guy response, he replies "Shiet, you don't mess around", and you can tell he just read you for a first class "mark". Later Evelyn offers to cut Dexter off the deal, and if you refuse her, telling Dexter trusts you, she ends the subject with "I hope you are as good as you are naive". V is basically the classic fall guy, at least until you finish the Voodo boys quest.

It's honestly a mess because lifepaths are tacked on at the end of development. In the one sense, the Corpo lifepath is probably the best one because it's more fun to have "insight" into most of the main story revolving around corps... but then like you said, V's entire personality and the way they directed the actors to voice him/her acts as if you're a NY gangster. I still remain rather negative on the game despite all the "fixes" because the development was so messy it's hard not to look at the final product we got as permanently flawed. They changed their minds too many times during story writing/game development and the result is a highly inconsistent experience that is schizophrenic as hell. Prelude/Chapter 1 feels like an entirely different game from the main story after that point, and likewise everything surrounding it in the open world feels like another totally different game from the main story.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom