Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
It really is glaring obviously glaringly obvious how little agency the player actually has on a second playthrough. Consider the mission where you down the Kang Tao transport with Panam. Is there even a failstate if you don't shoot the drones?

Last edited:

Moink

Cipher
The final mission in Phantom Liberty has no checkpoint, it's a long walking cutscene + constant combat and every time I tried to quick or hard save it wouldn't let me, boss killed me and I was sent back about an hour.

:hmmm:

Trithne

Erudite
It really is glaring obviously how little agency the player actually has on a second playthrough. Consider the mission where you down the Kang Tao transport with Panam. Is there even a failstate if you don't shoot the drones?

The mainline missions are the worst parts of the game and you just do them to unlock more side missions which are usually less on rails, and gigs which can be surprisingly open-ended.

Moink

Cipher
Okay on my second run through I can save in spots I couldn't before, must've been a bug.
It really is glaring obviously how little agency the player actually has on a second playthrough. Consider the mission where you down the Kang Tao transport with Panam. Is there even a failstate if you don't shoot the drones?

The mainline missions are the worst parts of the game and you just do them to unlock more side missions which are usually less on rails, and gigs which can be surprisingly open-ended.

I wouldn't mind a NG+ with just gig/side quests and no story.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The final mission in Phantom Liberty has no checkpoint, it's a long walking cutscene + constant combat and every time I tried to quick or hard save it wouldn't let me, boss killed me and I was sent back about an hour.

Nice QA there. Hope they patch it before I get there (started base game yesterday)

Edit: oh, they already did :)

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
There is also a perk to trace them right back and to revenge hack them and their buddies.
Isn't the trace local? It isn't an ability casted by an enemy, it's just a local timer. A gimmick.
Eh could be. I think I was misinterpreting these perks.

• Copy-Paste: When you’re the target of an enemy netrunner, using a quickhack against them will also spread the quickhack’s effect to their allies.
  • Counter-A-Hack: When you’re the target of an enemy netrunner, you can quickhack them back through walls and obstacles. -1 RAM cost for such quickhacks.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

#PhantomLibertyTour finished with a bang, in London!

We partied like there was no tomorrow with @p.t.adamczyk1310 & @marcinprzybylowicz, @RATBOY, @LetsEatGrandma, the man himself @idriselba163 and many awesome guests including YOU, our community!

Thank you for being with us through this journey Now, off to Dogtown! ❤️

Wasteland

Educated

Agreed, which is why I'm waiting on perhaps the best Cyberpunk 2077 mod (and possibly one of the funniest) to be updated:

Skip Unskippable Cutscenes

Even with fast forward, the virtual-movie scenes drag on.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
AI is incredibly stupid. fight is in an enclosed room, I hide behind a table, they hind behind pillars, engaging in exciting popamole gameplay. I sit still for a minute because I ran out of ammo shooting up bullet sponges that would put MMO bosses to shame. after about 30 seconds they decide to leave combat and go back to their default patrol routes because they couldn't find me.

you don't want I keep bringing Starfield up? Well Starfield has better combat AI than this and SF's AI is shit. Really a joke.

at least after the following mandatory 40 minute interactive movie sequence featuring getting slapped around by keanu reeves I can finaly start the DLC (I hope)

Yosharian

Arcane

We partied like there was no tomorrow with @p.t.adamczyk1310 & @marcinprzybylowicz, @RATBOY, @LetsEatGrandma, the man himself @idriselba163 and many awesome guests including YOU, our community!

A bunch of idiots dressed like idiots... having a great time I guess, oh well, either the joke's on them or its on us, I can't quite tell

Something about these press events is just vomit-inducing, anyway

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

Video games???

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
here's a random screenshot of keanu looking down on you for playing this shit

Cyberpunk-2077-C-2020-by-CD-Projekt-RED-9-27-2023-10-02-56-PM.png

Moink

Cipher

Turns out this wasn't the final mission, game has decided to turn into System Shock meets Alien: Isolation.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Performance on the series x has been a smooth 60 (performance mode), with crisp visuals. Playing it again after finishing it once at release.

Is it normal to have so many level 20 attribute checks? I remember those checks being way lower

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
So...how does this DLC integrates with the main game? Are there characters from the main game returning or commenting on the events of the expansion? Or does it feel standalone?

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
So...how does this DLC integrates with the main game? Are there characters from the main game returning or commenting on the events of the expansion? Or does it feel standalone?
Fully integrated you there are references even to side missions from main game

Example I finished nomad storyline and had option to tell the president how NUS fucks over it's veterans.

Just a sec ago got a quest from Coach fred from main game that takes place in dogtown.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I wonder if the constant mention of food and cooking when talking with Takemura is Pawel Sasko trying his best to imitate Tarantino.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom