Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's funny how YouTubers now are worse than game journos. You used to be able to find some trust in the nerds making videos in their basements, but now? I shill, therefore I am.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
It's kind of funny to use floor it when they're in front of or taking cover behind vehicles.
Yeah, I got a star and tried to run with a car and a police vehicle pulled up right in front of me perpendicularly but facing the sea so I just hacked it to accelerate straight into the water.

Perkel

Arcane
after around 10 hours i think i am done with it. It is just not fun to play gameplay wise.

2.0 is like step back gameplay wise not forward. Yeah they flatted out a lot but at the same time skill tree is just not fun to work with. Cyberware also was supposed to be better but at lvl 15 i don't see anything special. Unless there is cyberware bonanaza waiting to be unlocked everything feels meh. The cyberware limit is so strict that you can't install pretty much anything and that is with tech cyberware specialization, idk how non specialized can do anything with it. The tech tree gives me more health and barely 1 more granade with some small damage. Basically whole tech tree is worthless to me despite specialization.

As much as previous system had issues at least there was build diversity and too many options to choose from. Here i am wondering what should i pick because most of skills feel worthless. Reload while dashing wow. 30% better heal with last health pack wow.

I will probably roll new character in few days but for now meh..

Perkel

Arcane
Also from my testing it seems that armor is pretty much useless. I specialized into armor and with or without gear i never felt any huge difference.
I wouldn't be shocked if CDPR armor math was something like damage resistance = 80% base + 20% armor

Vyvian

Educated
Armor has always felt useless to me. No matter how much I'd keep up with upgrading all my clothes I always seemed to take the same amount of damage, feels the same with armor tied to Cyberware now.

Gargaune

Arcane
Oh, no...

tenor.gif

Word has it the updates broke my cyberwaifu's hair mod, a simple asset replacer...

CDPR IS CONSPIRING TO GIVE MY WAIFU A BAD HAIR DAY! FUCK NO, 1.6 CYBERPUNK BEST CYBERPUNK, NO ZLOTY FOR YOU!

It's funny how YouTubers now are worse than game journos. You used to be able to find some trust in the nerds making videos in their basements, but now? I shill, therefore I am.
This has been the case for years. YT/Twitch shills have completely replaced the games journocoomerist class. Yet there are people - even here! - who think they give an honest opinion about //product//. It's a joke.

Be Kind Rewind

Educated
Zionist Agent
Oh look, a list of games that we've already played to death and then complete garbage like E.Y.E.
I'm here to tell uncomfortable truths and make brown people seethe. Seems i accomplished both with this one. G-String is not just a better game than Poletard 2077, but it is also a better dystopian depiction. The future is the rotting bloated body of a Brownadian curled up next to a malfunctioning sex android by a suicide booth in a dead city filled with broken down electric cuckmobiles, not sleek muscle cars and e-thots with chrome skin partying in neon light.

Get 'em while they're hot, all the Twitch shill items:
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/9308

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkg...es_the_pc_console_commands_to_get_the_twitch/

Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Ashura_Twitch",1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Twitch_Drop_Pants", 1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Twitch_Drop_Vest", 1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Twitch_Drop_Boots", 1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Twitch_Drop_Specs",1)

Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Warden_Amazon", 1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Nekomata_Amazon", 1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Kyubi_Amazon", 1)

Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Grit_Amazon", 1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Crusher_Amazon", 1)

Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Ajax_Amazon", 1)
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Ticon_Gwent", 1)

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I COULD BE PLAYING STARFIELD RIGHT NOW WITH MY WAIFU SARAH

anybody notice that there’s a gay nudie mag on V’s bed? And at Clouds they recommend you both a male and female hooker. Seems like V, your protagonist or you, is bisexual in this game. Or maybe even a cybertranny.

Think about it cybercucks.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I COULD BE PLAYING STARFIELD RIGHT NOW WITH MY WAIFU SARAH

anybody notice that there’s a gay nudie mag on V’s bed? And at Clouds they recommend you both a male and female hooker. Seems like V, your protagonist or you, is bisexual in this game. Or maybe even a cybertranny.

Think about it cybercucks.
YOU COULD BE PLAYING STARFIELD RIGHT NOW INSTEAD OF SHITPOSTING HERE!

But you're not because it sucks and even you know it.

Think about it dickbag.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Also E.Y.E. blows and will continue to whether I'm here or not.
How so? I can see someone disliking it (it certainly is an acquired taste), but that's different from saying it's objectively a bad game.
Probably not the robust review you were hoping for, but I've always hated this thing and am annoyed that I paid cash money for it.

Counterpoint: E.Y.E. is god awful and borderline incomprehensible unless they altered it significantly since I played it last (2013). I've always been impressed that some people claim to enjoy it. My best guess is that it's akin to how getting kicked in the balls is apparently a type of fetish.

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/jonesing-for-a-first-person-rpg-or-im-sim.143876/post-8027835

Hellraiser

Arcane
after around 10 hours i think i am done with it. It is just not fun to play gameplay wise.

2.0 is like step back gameplay wise not forward. Yeah they flatted out a lot but at the same time skill tree is just not fun to work with. Cyberware also was supposed to be better but at lvl 15 i don't see anything special. Unless there is cyberware bonanaza waiting to be unlocked everything feels meh. The cyberware limit is so strict that you can't install pretty much anything and that is with tech cyberware specialization, idk how non specialized can do anything with it. The tech tree gives me more health and barely 1 more granade with some small damage. Basically whole tech tree is worthless to me despite specialization.

As much as previous system had issues at least there was build diversity and too many options to choose from. Here i am wondering what should i pick because most of skills feel worthless. Reload while dashing wow. 30% better heal with last health pack wow.

I will probably roll new character in few days but for now meh..
I hit level 50 and there's some better stuff later on like second heart, very high armor cyberware, bonuses scaling with attributes and some unique cyberware in loot/quests (found a +20% or 30% critical hit chance increase unique eye implant yesterday, only it needs 50 capacity...). But besides that it's mostly choosing the rather small secondary bonuses when you upgrade to specialize your build more on rather bog-standard gear like the eye implant.

The problem indeed is that the limit is too restricting, even if I got edgerunner I have a backlog of 3 pieces of good cyberware I can't install yet and who knows if I ever will install all of them and 3 slots still free (2 in the head, since those are mostly haxx implants). They stupidly tied it mostly to player level (+3/level) and gave you almost no reliable option to increase it faster at some expense of other stats as you level up. You might get lucky and get a few cyberware capacity shards, but besides the 2 or 3 perks and leveling engineering for the bonuses there's nothing the player can do to deliberately raise it. I mentioned earlier I feared that tech is going to be mandatory and it does feel like it, the cyberware capacity related perks should have been scattered all around the attribute trees and provide specialized reductions like tied to a build/attribute somehow (reflex perk making sandevistans cost no capacity etc., INT perk reducing head slot cyberware cost).

As for the perk trees, I also noticed that sure there's less filler but there seems to be less flexibility. I remember that my Nomad Gunslinger (Tech-revolver optimized build) benefited from Reflex and Cool somehow, in addition to the meager tech-weapon bonuses from some tech perks, and by the time I finished the game around level 50-ish I still had perks in Cool (I went Reflex and Tech first) I could have benefited from if I got another few levels. Now if you want to use pistols everything is in one path in Cool and nothing in Reflex (unless you count dashing/dodging, maybe).

And at level 50-ish* I honestly have no idea what else I could get for my cyber ninja, besides edgerunner, already have 20 cool, 20 reflex, 15 tech and 15 body with INT as a dump stat. Guess dump points into INT for some haxx perks? Although to be fair, how many perks could they invent without at least partially returning to their old "borderlands style" incremental filler design philosophy the 1.0 trees had and thus reviving the original complaints? There's only so much stuff you can do around revolvers/pistols for instance without going into incremental bonuses.

*sure one can argue that my character is over-leveled but I only did at most 70% of the gigs in the game, the main quest until I could get into dogtown and a few (but still minority) of side jobs. Since enemies scale now it is easier to level as the exp doesn't drop off, so with the amount of experience giving content present in the game, even if you ignore a bunch of it like random gangoon camps, it's not that difficult to hit level 50. Previously at some point you would most likely get relatively crap experience rewards from some gigs.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
I can't relate, it was very difficulty for me to get everything I wanted on my tech sniper build, perks-wise.

There's way too many attribute points but that allows a bit of experimentation I guess

Perkel

Arcane
ehhh got free two days from job so i got back to it. Finally started phantom liberty and it feels like even worse than begginging fo game as everything seems on rails even more so that in heist. Like the fight with spider bot don't make fucking sense. First you run away from it and then either way you fight boss fight. Also fuck your stealth builds as well lol.

Moreover the quality of writing took huge nosedive. Like in two convos they said stuff that don't make sense and no one seems to understand that. Stuff like that didn't happen in base C77, everything was rock solid logic wise.

1. Why songbird contacted V at all and how in first place, why did she even know he exists. I assume this is supposed to be later some reveal but literally makes no sense from V perspective at the moment.

2. Second one i don't remember now but it was something president said later when drones were swooping.

Apparently DLC was written by some ex-Bioware hack and it seems to show.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom