Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Plus I got the vehicle hacks which are reminiscent of those of Watch Dogs 2. Cool stuff to take control over them, blow them up etc.

It's kind of funny to use floor it when they're in front of or taking cover behind vehicles.

Yeah loot is pretty screwed up as a result of the changes. You still find MaxDocs and Bounce Backs in crates a lot, and grenades, but this doesn't do anything since they're aren't accumulated items anymore.

I don't think this is quite right, you can craft grenades with the appropriate schematics or buy them at weapon shops, but I don't think you can craft inhalers (or if you can, I haven't found any recipes for it yet) and I haven't seen them for sale either. I think they made the inhalers and grenades somewhat common in certain areas as loot is so you get the variety and tier upgrades since they don't upgrade automatically, but they will once you've acquired the next tier.

So for instance, if you have a tier 1 frag grenade and loot tier 2 frag grenade, your frag grenade will become tier 2 whether or not you have it equipped, but you won't get an additional "item" for it. If you have a tier 2 frag grenade and loot a tier 2 frag grenade, you won't see any changes. They probably oversaturated the PL area with this stuff to ensure you have a base level of gear for the DLC.

n.b. I haven't started any PL content yet, just basing this on what I've seen in the revised base game.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Wałbrzych metropolitan area
Dogtown stadium is just stadium dziesięciolecia even dream sellers Marcin Iwiński and the other dude are selling their shit on the stadium.

wi9tbvl2tiqb1jxffm.webp

In the 90s you could buy aks, rpgs, grenades even aa rockets on stadion dziesięciolecia.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
So, how's the level design in general. Can you still approach most of the quest in stealth like the main game? Or this new Bioware director they hired has decided to force the player into constant combat?
Yeah Stealth is still really strong.
There's a new thing where if you use quickhacks enemy netrunners can track your location but I believe there are perks to slow the detection down greatly and if you can find and take them out quickly the detection fails.
There is also a perk to trace them right back and to revenge hack them and their buddies.
Isn't the trace local? It isn't an ability casted by an enemy, it's just a local timer. A gimmick.

Gargaune

Arcane
Anyone compare CPU loads before and after 2.0 / Phantom Liberty? I'm waiting for mods to update for now.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Speaking of GPUs the Gaming Unboxed optimization guide really helped me get some FPS back by cutting raytraced sun shadows. Most of the rest of my graphics options were already matching the guide.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
been playing for a couple hours to get things rolling and start the DLC naturally (you can do it directly when starting a new game if you want). Currently in konpeki plaza about to steal the relic. Game really feels like an interactive movie. I don't feel like I'm playing and more like I'm watching it. The boss fight so far felt very arcadey and dumb to just hide behind pillars and shoot the guy, even on Very Hard. While the story is good I'm starting to feel uncomfortable as I don't really feel like I'm doing anything but rather following directions that lead me from one interactive movie sequence to the next. If it wasn't for the skill checks in dialogue this would be just like an action adventure game like god of war. Really not an RPG imo.

Gargaune

Arcane
I mean the game is pretty GPU heavy, you'd have to have a pretty shite CPU to be limited by it
I'm not afraid of being limited by a shit CPU, I'm afraid of being limited by shit cooling. With a 60-70% load and the GPU at 70C, CPU temps vary in the 75-85C range, spike occasionally, so I'm curious how 2.0/PL loads compare to 1.6.

Mortmal

Arcane
alright figured out the reason for my crashes, it was CPU overheating after all, moved to new apartment which is hotter than the last one and this is the issue, should probably apply new thermal paste too. For now, I set up a desk fan to help with PC air circulation and it seems to help, little trick I got off reddit. Started doing the main quest, and seems like I need to progress a little before I can start the DLC, which is fine, and yeah, after the crashes got resolved and I disabled the camera head bobbing, game became enjoyable again, tho the oversexualization of everything is still irritating, whatever, guess you get used to it after a while and become a sad coomer who can only get it up to bear sex. For now, I am enjoying the changes to cybernetics.
R.99115bb9099db4e465143f21bd0b8725

Vic

Savant
I mean the game is pretty GPU heavy, you'd have to have a pretty shite CPU to be limited by it
I'm not afraid of being limited by a shit CPU, I'm afraid of being limited by shit cooling. With a 60-70% load and the GPU at 70C, CPU temps vary in the 75-85C range, spike occasionally, so I'm curious how 2.0/PL loads compare to 1.6.
just watch it on youtube, you'll get the same experience for the most part

Gargaune

Arcane
Mortmal, I was asking whether CBP's CPU load has changed, not whether Vic's home temperatures have changed. Though it did pique my interest that he didn't seem to have this trouble with Starfield.

Vic

Savant
skull enemies are incredibly bullet spongey on Very Hard
@Mortmal, I was asking whether CBP's CPU load has changed, not whether @Vic's home temperatures have changed. Though it did pique my interest that he didn't seem to have this trouble with Starfield.
yeah it seems to be more CPU intensive than Starfield, can't comment on how it is compared to pre-2.0 Cyberpunk. But game looks and runs pretty much the same from what I remember, might not be a difference. Haven't been to the DLC area yet tho, it's taking me 5 minutes to kill one skull enemy during the relic heist.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
alright figured out the reason for my crashes, it was CPU overheating after all, moved to new apartment which is hotter than the last one and this is the issue, should probably apply new thermal paste too. For now, I set up a desk fan to help with PC air circulation and it seems to help, little trick I got off reddit. Started doing the main quest, and seems like I need to progress a little before I can start the DLC, which is fine, and yeah, after the crashes got resolved and I disabled the camera head bobbing, game became enjoyable again, tho the oversexualization of everything is still irritating, whatever, guess you get used to it after a while and become a sad coomer who can only get it up to bear sex. For now, I am enjoying the changes to cybernetics.
Time to become a balcony gamer.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Time to become a balcony gamer.
Or just buy a better cooler for $20

Vic

Savant
it's taking me 5 minutes to kill one skull enemy during the relic heist.

What are you doing, fucking it to death?
I'm using a netrunner/machine gun build, well I only have 4 perk points so far invested into machine guns, being level 10. They are just incredibly bullet spongey in high armor. I am currently facing 4 skull enemies and I don't think I can kill them because I don't have a million ammo, so probably have to sneak around, which would really be out of character for my V...

edit: was able to kill them all by leaving combat by hiding behind a table for a minute and then hacking them via the cameras until they found me, rinse repeat. great stealth and combat system

Last edited:
Is there a remove keanu reeves mod yet?
Is there a remove "e-celeb" mod yet?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom