Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

DeepOcean

Arcane
Anyone with tips for making revolvers work on very hard? Tried the level 20 guaranteed critical hits on head shots and every headshot damage perk I could get and enemies are still bullet sponges as soon as I have to get out of stealth. I also have to dump an entire SMG clip on the head of a skull enemy to neutralize them. Any OP weapon, revolver by preference I'm missing? It is really not enjoyable to play with revolvers on very hard, thinking on dumping them for precision rifles. Seems the level scaling is doing its magic. Can't imagine how it will be good fighting he bosses.:roll:

Actually, anyone tested precision rifles anti armor perk, does it actually make a difference?

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Played about 2.5h, loved the gameplay, still din't got my desired sniper. So far, the controller prompts and the braindance are the unique huge flaws of this game. Seriously, braindance is just boring, endless searching something and seeing the same thing over and over with very uggly graphics.

I'm playing in hard and the game is not that hard. Din't died yet and only had to use the health ""potion"" in a boss.

edit : To change the camera in a mission, was numlock. How I could foretell it?

hinking on dumping them for precision rifles.

Where I can find precision rifles/snipers early on? Visited some gun stores and nothing.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Anyone with tips for making revolvers work on very hard? Tried the level 20 guaranteed critical hits on head shots and every headshot damage perk I could get and enemies are still bullet sponges as soon as I have to get out of stealth. I also have to dump an entire SMG clip on the head of a skull enemy to neutralize them. Any OP weapon, revolver for preference I'm missing? It is really not enjoyable to play with revolvers on very hard, thinking on dumping them for precision rifles. Seems the level scaling is doing its magic. Can't imagine how it will be good fighting he bosses.:roll:

Actually, anyone tested precision rifles anti armor perk, does it actually make a difference?
I haven't run into this issue yet (but also am running a far different build). What level are you, out of curiosity? Like, was it okay and then became a problem later on?

mediocrepoet

Patron
Any OP weapon, revolver for preference I'm missing?

Knife is the best revolver, sniper, orbital canon, tactical nuke and can opener you can have in this game.

Are you Australian, perchance?

96e7e81cba9c7203a0d08f1e4fe12899b5e7a7983fd56c796bc835ca9ae9362a_1.jpg

DeepOcean

Arcane
Anyone with tips for making revolvers work on very hard? Tried the level 20 guaranteed critical hits on head shots and every headshot damage perk I could get and enemies are still bullet sponges as soon as I have to get out of stealth. I also have to dump an entire SMG clip on the head of a skull enemy to neutralize them. Any OP weapon, revolver for preference I'm missing? It is really not enjoyable to play with revolvers on very hard, thinking on dumping them for precision rifles. Seems the level scaling is doing its magic. Can't imagine how it will be good fighting he bosses.:roll:

I haven't run into this issue yet (but also am running a far different build). What level are you, out of curiosity? Like, was it okay and then became a problem later on?
Level 38, from an old save I had.

mediocrepoet

Patron

Level 38, from an old save I had.
I'm not sure then. Combat balance on VH still feels good in the early 20s, from a new playthrough. I don't know if the wheels are going to come off later on, or if it's some facet of save conversion since the systems are pretty different. Imo, try getting a new gun if you haven't already and see if that helps (in case whatever you were carrying had some glitch in converting it over).

Trithne

Erudite
Anyone with tips for making revolvers work on very hard? Tried the level 20 guaranteed critical hits on head shots and every headshot damage perk I could get and enemies are still bullet sponges as soon as I have to get out of stealth. I also have to dump an entire SMG clip on the head of a skull enemy to neutralize them. Any OP weapon, revolver by preference I'm missing? It is really not enjoyable to play with revolvers on very hard, thinking on dumping them for precision rifles. Seems the level scaling is doing its magic. Can't imagine how it will be good fighting he bosses.:roll:

Comrade's Hammer.

Note that you'll have to give up any pretence at stealth though.

Ben Zyklon

Educated

They really fucked up the balance with 2.0 that's another reason why I am holding I to do another playthrough.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Where I can find precision rifles/snipers early on? Visited some gun stores and nothing.

Beat on the Brat questline where you do the fist fighting / boxing matches. 3rd or 4th fight there is an ex military guy that carries one of the best sniper rifles in the game because it fires explosive rounds. It is basically like the projectile launcher, but better. Warning-- It is actually a bit OP in the early game because it does insane amounts of damage in a small AOE radius. Trivializes content, you have been warned.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Anyone with tips for making revolvers work on very hard?

Picked up a Tier 5 Overture to test on my lvl 52 guy. I had Focus and Deadeye unlocked, and I was two tapping basic enemies to the head in Dogtown and had to land four headshots for the skull enemies. Pretty sure with Nerves of Tungsten Steel I could one tap the basic enemies. I do stack headshot multi on my chrome, up to 70% and can go much higher. Tyrosine Injector would also help, as it's base headshot damage, but I don't have the space yet. Dunno, seems like it should work well enough as long as you can line those headshots up.

If you want one taps, you probably need a sniper. Maybe Burya? But that's a tech revolver.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Seriously, braindance is extremely boring. I had to do it 3 times already. Will I have to suffer with it much more?

The gameplay is good but so many parts, you have no control over your character, I don't like this haldholding parts. The gameplay is good, taking decisions is cool, the story is great. The setting amazing. The graphics, gorgeous, even in a low end pc.

And in PC, which Key I press to answer the phone? This steamdeck keybindings really hurt and the menu doesn't show this option. The key which google says to press turn off the phone call.

Trithne

Erudite
Seriously, braindance is extremely boring. I had to do it 3 times already. Will I have to suffer with it much more?

The gameplay is good but so many parts, you have no control over your character, I don't like this haldholding parts. The gameplay is good, taking decisions is cool, the story is great. The setting amazing. The graphics, gorgeous, even in a low end pc.

And in PC, which Key I press to answer the phone? This steamdeck keybindings really hurt and the menu doesn't show this option. The key which google says to press turn off the phone call.

I think there's 3 mandatory BDs, one in act 1 and 2 in the quests to find Evelyn. Other than I think they're all optional.

Regarding answering the phone, it's T, but just tap it, holding T rejects the call.

KVVRR

Learned

I've had the same issue for most of my run (which specializes in shotguns and meele besides revolvers) but the best way to do it is either grab a revolver that has a very good special effect like explosive rounds, or one that has damage multiplier on headshots. I think the highest one I've gotten was one from the DLC that hands gives you for a gig, it's something like a 200% multiplier. That alongside stealth and a GOOD sandevistan for easy headshots made it so I could start popping heads left and right. Doesn't really work for bosses because you can't stealth them, though.
Still, in very hard enemies are just way too bullet spongey for my liking. You might be overpowered on hard but I prefer that to having to dump 2 out of my 5 loaded shells unto a single enemy.

I just finished the expansion, and I'm impressed that it unlocks a new path to the ending. Makes the later part of the story a lot less linear. You can now just entirely skip the Hanako and Panam plot and get to the ending. My character NEVER met Panam and Rogue. The Heist still sucks, though, especially on subsequent game replay.

A little jealous of people who skipped the pre 2.0 versions, and are only playing it for the first time now. Yeah, the game still had a bunch of shitty looter shooter busy work mechanics, but they cut down on a lot of that. Skill trees feel a lot more streamlined now, and feel more restrictive, but at the same time it pushes you into role-playing as a "class" archetype, rather than letting you be a jack of all trades, especially with how cyberware can now align with attributes.

More thoughts:

- Vehicle combat is mostly useless, but it's kind of fun to start a fight by pulling out machine guns out of your car and spraying lead everywhere. By the way, any tabletop fans around here? Did tabletop CB actually have vehicle combat? I wonder how that could work.
- There's some crazy end-game weapons now, such as lasers, rifles with chemical rounds, shoulder mounted explosive round launcher (like one in New Vegas). Makes end-game a lot more fun now.
- Armor on clothes makes sense now. At the start of the game you are running around in normal clothes, later on you get more specialized gear for your "class", like netrunner's visors, netrunning suits, which give you little stat bonuses. And additionally there's armor progression of sorts now that makes sense (not talking about cyberware). You can find bulletproof vests. I think they start at 5, or 10 armor bonus? And end game armors (from the expansion) have 25 armor bonus. You can transmog using wardrobe, but people like me who don't use transmog will be happy to see their character sport progressively more advanced armor.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Regarding answering the phone, it's T, but just tap it, holding T rejects the call.

Thanks, I was holding T. And how I call car sellers? I tried every key in keyboard and nothing, is too hard and no matter what, the keys still showing steamdeck keys. Because I need to travel over 2km to do a quest and I just can't get a car, since my build is mostly focused in cool, I also can't just steal vehicles. Seriously, why I can't just change the keyprompts to PC? WTF I must press to be equivalent to "Y"?

And google doesn't help much either.

ould be a little letter under the phone icon in the lower left corner with the key.

As I"ve said, the keyprompts are for steamdeck. By no good reason.

Last edited:

Don't use SMGs on enemies with skulls. Usually these guys have heavy armor, you can tell if you scan them. Armor mechanic on enemies works kind of like in New Vegas, and it's completely new I think. Heavy caliber weapons (and shotguns for some reason) have a 50% bonus to armor penetration. Revolver has like a 25% bonus. SMGs don't have a bonus at all. SMGs are for spraying into groups of unarmored enemies, though they feel pretty useless if you use a mouse, since it's easy to land headshots anyway, and recoil is not a big deal, even with low stamina.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Don't use SMGs on enemies with skulls. Usually these guys have heavy armor, you can tell if you scan them. Armor mechanic on enemies works kind of like in New Vegas, and it's completely new I think. Heavy caliber weapons (and shotguns for some reason) have a 50% bonus to armor penetration. Revolver has like a 25% bonus. SMGs don't have a bonus at all. SMGs are for spraying into groups of unarmored enemies, though they feel pretty useless if you use a mouse, since it's easy to land headshots anyway, and recoil is not a big deal, even with low stamina.

Yep. But this is much better than fl3/4 from Bugthesda, where a 9mm smg outdps a .308 rifle against armored enemies. If a body armor can offer any mitigation to a .308 rifle, it should be completely immune to 9mm.

--------------------

Anyway, finally got a good sniper rifle, a SPT32 GRAD. How can I upgratde this rifle? It doesn't show in upgrade meny.

Yep. But this is much better than fl3/4 from Bugthesda, where a 9mm smg outdps a .308 rifle against armored enemies. If a body armor can offer any mitigation to a .308 rifle, it should be completely immune to 9mm.

--------------------

Anyway, finally got a good sniper rifle, a SPT32 GRAD. How can I upgratde this rifle? It doesn't show in upgrade meny.
You can't upgrade normal weapons anymore, only iconic ones. You do the upgrading in the crafting menu, which you enter through your inventory.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I just finished the expansion, and I'm impressed that it unlocks a new path to the ending. Makes the later part of the story a lot less linear. You can now just entirely skip the Hanako and Panam plot and get to the ending. My character NEVER met Panam and Rogue. The Heist still sucks, though, especially on subsequent game replay.
That is good news then because I hated girlboss Panam and everything to do with Johnny and how those poles wanted me so hard to worship their pet instead of playing a story that was supposedly be about my character.

Don't use SMGs on enemies with skulls.
Yeah, suspected that, was betting enemy armor was a throw away mechanic and you could ignore it by out DPS it like usually is in other popamoles, but I was wrong, point to the poles. Gonna use silenced pistols to one tap weak enemies, hacks to disable skulls and tech precision rifles to pew pew.

Trithne

Erudite

Thanks, I was holding T. And how I call car sellers? I tried every key in keyboard and nothing, is too hard and no matter what, the keys still showing steamdeck keys. Because I need to travel over 2km to do a quest and I just can't get a car, since my build is mostly focused in cool, I also can't just steal vehicles. Seriously, why I can't just change the keyprompts to PC? WTF I must press to be equivalent to "Y"?

And google doesn't help much either.

Cars are bought from the computer in your apartment now. If you sent Jackie to his family you can get his bike as an easy free vehicle.

Kinda annoying how they take your car away from you at the same time as they start giving you missions spread from asshole to breakfast.

Yeah, suspected that, was betting enemy armor was a throw away mechanic and you could ignore it by out DPS it like usually is in other popamoles, but I was wrong, point to the poles. Gonna use silenced pistols to one tap weak enemies, hacks to disable skulls and tech precision rifles to pew pew.

This. Use the right tool for each job based on your build. There's enough options for different primary attributes for all occasions, but you can't just one size fits all your way through anymore.

Vyvian

Educated
As with many systems in the game, Vehicle combat feels tacked on for the cool factor and is pretty shallow.
I recently encountered one little flash of how it could be cool but it fizzled into nothing.
A car full of Maelstrom specifically targeted me to crash into then fire a few shots before speeding away. I shot back at them, they alerted but kept driving off... nothing came of it and they vanished into the ether.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom