Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Quillon

Arcane
I liked the new ending for its non-ambiguity compared to others & for peeking couple years ahead but "you are just another person in the crowd now" bs doesn't hold when the game rarely made me feel V is "above the crowd", f.i. that bum who punched V didn't cower before him/shown respect before, even in afterlife the bouncer treats V like another punk or worse until one of the base endings

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I wonder how this cyberware incompatibility even works (I've chosen different ending) since I stuffed my V with so much chrome, he barely had any normal organs left. If he stopped being able to take advantage of augmentations, he'd need transplantations of heart, lungs, bones, muscles, skin...

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I wonder how this cyberware incompatibility even works (I've chosen different ending) since I stuffed my V with so much chrome, he barely had any normal organs left. If he stopped being able to take advantage of augmentations, he'd need transplantations of heart, lungs, bones, muscles, skin...
dunno the lore, i assumed its about cyborg enhancements, id expect that there are synthetic bio 'regular' organs

Quillon

Arcane
works the same way V's own engram being incompatible with his own brain

I finally got a new rig so I can play this, and with the latest update, I was promised a fixed and functional game.

What I consider to be the prologue (up to when heckin' Keanu appears and the game finally opens up) might be one of the worst gaming experiences I have ever had.

From the presentation to the pathetic attempt to make me feel invested in the story, invested in the characters—characters that I don't know enough to care about since the game just skips the early game. All of it was utter shit. It doesn't help that the 7-hour prologue is nothing but a glorified cutscene with almost no gameplay.

However, after that headache of a prologue, the game seems to only get better. So far, I've only completed
Judy's mission (finding Evelyn)
and it was really good: the investigation of the clouds, the infiltration of the warehouse, different ways to approach the mission, killing snuff degenerates, etc. Good stuff.

I'm currently getting to know Panam, so we'll see if the game gets any better.

MasPingon

Arcane

This is like from "last words" quotes.

Here, you will need this:
51coKhiGJhL.jpg

dunno the lore, i assumed its about cyborg enhancements, id expect that there are synthetic bio 'regular' organs
They have cloned organs for cheap.

Hellion

Arcane
IIRC it's not the organs, in the ending they say that V's nervous system has been damaged beyond repair and can't sustain cyberware more advanced than a phone.

Starwars

Arcane

Panam is a horrendous character and her storyline contains some of the dumbest quests in the game.

The finding Evelyn bit for Judy is probably one of the better questlines in the game I think. The atmosphere is good, it has that cyberpunk-horror thing going on and the mission area (the snuff factory) is alright.

It's a bit of a shame that the game doesn't have a real highlight in that sense. There are some later on that have the potential for it, in particular
the Peralez questline
. Wonderful atmosphere, great cyberpunky conspiracy feel, and I like those characters, but it's unfortunately lacking in the gameplay department. One of the potentially most interesting investigation setpieces in the game is unfortunately ruined by the game leading you by the nose through it, as per usual nowadays. Would've been cool if you actually had to put real effort in, and that you could miss out on the important stuff if you were not thorough enough.

Ryzer

Arcane
THIS PLACE IS INSANE

Pro-tip: If you ever have the choice to go to a party with CDPR guys or Bethesda guys, go with the Poles. Trust me.

Actually, if I had the choice, I would choose to leave as the music is insufferable, it's basically 3 looped notes, repeated over and over and over and over again, so I doubt anyone there is having fun plus add the fact that the NPCs don't interact between each over. How are you supposed to date?

DeepOcean

Arcane
Finally, I finished Phantom Liberty, tried out the one end where you side with Songbird, so let see if I understood, the two options are:
1 - Be a simp to no gain when she is too chromed up to even be Only Fans material.
2 - Everyone is a bitch, forget you were dying, act like big cry babies because you tried to, you know, save your fucking life, the NUSA did a oopsie on you and that is a supposedly fuck you because you were a bad boy and refused to simp to both Songbird and Johnny.

So, the poles sold a "spy thriller" but with very little in spying and thriller and alot of simping for a character that isnt even compeling to deserve that. I was expecting some Deus Ex style Mr. Blue Eyes conspiracy within the NUSA but the whole key of the story is to save or not save waifu with magic powers, it was underwhelming to say the least.

I see rather clumsy attempts of trying to make the Songbird be like some mirror for V, a V that would do everything he can to survive and show the price for that, that could work IF:
a) All the people Songbird betrays werent fucking assholes to begin with and didnt deserve betrayal every step of the way.
b) If the people you are planning to fuck up (Arasaka) to save yourself werent also massive dicks.

It would make sense for you to feel some guilt and reflecting that maybe fucking others to save yourself isnt worthy it, but the way it is, the messaging of the story is very confused and contradictory, it is overall a weaker story than the main story with worse characters.

As I said, the best content is actually the side content, it is ironic that the poles invested so heavily in making a movie that turns out to be a 2deep4you B movie and the actually better part of their game is fucking around Night City.

It is funny, that Cyberbug is CDPR game with their best gameplay but most underwhelming story, it isnt awful, I played games with worse stories but as I was finishing Phantom Liberty yesterday, I was thinking, that was it? It confuses being depressing with being interesting, not because I necessarily wanted unicorns and rainbows but that all that depression actually said something worthy saying.

Well, actually they tried saying something as I explained above but that was so mumbled, contradictory and clumsy that I felt nothing for it. It is interesting that I enjoyed Witcher 2 overall story (it is their best in terms of story so far even if the gameplay is shit) and some parts of Witcher 1 and 3 stories but I have to say there are interesting moments on Cyberbug but alot of clumsy storytelling attempts that didnt impact me and felt forced as fuck, the expansion is even worse at that because the characters are nowhere as likeable or relatable as Jackie or Takemura (sorry Panam simps but she is a bitch without redeemable qualities), even the "villains" (Are there even proper villains on this DLC?) felt almost non existant.

Honestly, I felt bored for the most of the DLC main story missions but it is decent fun dicking around, it was worthy the few bucks I thrown at it and I dont regret the time with it, the gameplay can be fun , especially at lower levels now with 2.0 but if they are planning making a sequel for this, they need to really revise some of their storytelling ideas(like Cyberbug comical oversexuality that gets more and more artifical and tiring as you play and hear the same ads over and over again) but I doubt CDPR will evolve to be better now that they are planning to complete their transformation into yet another american corporation making entertainment products like sausages to twitter "modern audiences".

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
One of the funnest mods for the game, Missing Persons - Fixer's Hidden Gems, has been updated. It basically turns all the game's tucked-away little secrets into a whole new bunch of micro quests. Of course it would be "more immersive" to discover all the things for yourself, but who has the time for all that shit :)

First release is a basically functional one, it'll probably take a few iterations to iron out all the kinks.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
I finished the dlc like 2 weeks ago and started playing baldurz gayetz 3 got to the act 3 just outside the city and got so bored I droped it and started playing Cyberpunk again with a new character. :lol:

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
The opening of the DLC really fucking sucks. It completely disregards the core gameplay of the base game and forces you into an arena and a boss fight that is impossible for a stealth based character to face. Quickhacks don't work, optical camo neither, even fucking EMP granades are useless for no reason. It reminds me of the boss fight of Deus Ex Human Revolution before they were patched

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
The opening of the DLC really fucking sucks. It completely disregards the core gameplay of the base game and forces you into an arena and a boss fight that is impossible for a stealth based character to face. Quickhacks don't work, optical camo neither, even fucking EMP granades are useless for no reason. It reminds me of the boss fight of Deus Ex Human Revolution before they were patched

No it's not. It is hard though on VH.

Once you get a hang of the rhythm of the fight it's not too bad, though significantly easier on pretty much any other non-melee build, I agree.

I spoilered a tip that may help.

There are 3 turrets in the room you can hack to pelt the bot as well.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I got the chance to ask Pawel Sasko some of my biggest questions about his work on Cyberpunk and CDPR alongside his life, upbringing, work, aspirations, influences, and passion!

I hope you guys enjoy.

Timestamps:
0:00 - Intro
4:28 - Pawel’s younger years, upbringing, & video games
9:02 - How Pawel started writing
11:50 - What are Pawel’s movie, book, game inspirations?
23:42 - Pawel’s biggest Cyberpunk influences
32:05 - Career path & CD PROJEKT being the only option
46:17 - With Pondsmith’s expansive universe, how did CDPR know what to pull and what to leave behind?
58:15 - What did Cyberpunk 2077’s base game creation look like?
1:05:58 - How does your Master’s Degree in Psychology influence your game design decisions?
1:09:53 - How did Phantom Liberty’s story change based on feedback from the base game’s story?
1:17:50 - How will Unreal Engine & The NA talent pool influence Cyberpunk Orion?
1:23:15 - Pawel’s message to the CDPR and Cyberpunk community

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom