Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Small question that is probably talked here in and out already, so pardon me, but i just got my new gear and testing this new shit. What's the deal with non-lethal takedowns in this game? Are they worth to be consistent with, especially, when you want to be generally stealthy? In nu DX games it was a no brainer because of additional xp and to supply your blood thirst you just make another run guns blazing. I'm on my first real mission and there are lots of degenerates that i'd rather kill (probably most of the enemies in this game are like that given the setting), but the lethal/nonlethal option shows up, whenever stealth approach and i'd like to be aware of what's the general gist of it all.

jackofshadows

Magister
Small question that is probably talked here in and out already, so pardon me, but i just got my new gear and testing this new shit. What's the deal with non-lethal takedowns in this game? Are they worth to be consistent with, especially, when you want to be generally stealthy? In nu DX games it was a no brainer because of additional xp and to supply your blood thirst you just make another run guns blazing. I'm on my first real mission and there are lots of degenerates that i'd rather kill (probably most of the enemies in this game are like that given the setting), but the lethal/nonlethal option shows up, whenever stealth approach and i'd like to be aware of what's the general gist of it all.
No except for cyberpsychosis branch. Maybe I'm forgetting something though.

DeepOcean

Arcane
On Cyberpsychos, you dont need to use non-lethal weapons, just use normal weapons but be sure the last 1% is taken with single shot weapons because if you hit them while they are falling by accident, you may kill them. About takedowns, 99% of the missions, that doesnt matter with exception of a few where the NPC will say cleary you are supposedly to not kill people and even there is optional.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
On Cyberpsychos, you dont need to use non-lethal weapons, just use normal weapons but be sure the last 1% is taken with single shot weapons because if you hit them while they are falling by accident, you may kill them. About takedowns, 99% of the missions, that doesnt matter with exception of a few where the NPC will say cleary you are supposedly to not kill people and even there is optional.
there are few gigs were if you perform non lethal takedown, you will instead have to haul target ass to car trunk outside and usually fixer wont be too happy about it

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I just use Reboot Optics to be able to sneak behind and do non-lethal takedowns if I need to. It's a cheap Quickhack and can be upgraded.

Otherwise I go with my Ultimate Quickhack(s) to just kill the gonks or open up with guns blazing.

Regardless, it seems like the stealth approach to much of this game has been toned way down since the 2.0 patch, unless I'm mistaken.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I'm finally playing CP77 for the first time, with the phantom liberty dlc too.
My character
Capture.PNG

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Thanks guys! Did the first mission stealthy non lethal. Will kill all these libruls from now onwards unless it doesn't benefit me.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
You can do it in a bunch of ways, including just sneaking up on them (easier on some and almost impossible on some). I'm not sure that works on the power armour load out guys though, does it?

For those guys, I just blast them with grenades and guns until they get low and then run up and smack 'em with a bat. :lol:

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Regarding cyberpsychos, I'd get their hp down with standard weapons and grenades (while suppressing their cyberware) and then finish them off with quickhacks like overheat and shortcircuit. Those types of quickhacks are always nonlethal for some reason.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
You can do it in a bunch of ways, including just sneaking up on them (easier on some and almost impossible on some). I'm not sure that works on the power armour load out guys though, does it?

For those guys, I just blast them with grenades and guns until they get low and then run up and smack 'em with a bat. :lol:

That's always been my preferred method, for some reason smacking cyberpsychos upside the head with a baseball bat always seemed to me the most apt method, but with the power suit guys and some of the others you do have to take big chunks out of them first :)

One that's always stymied me is the katana guy somewhere in a city block area who goes invisible a lot, then when you've almost got him down he shifts to a nearby area with lots of Tygers.

Favourite shotties btw? I used to be wedded to the Satara but recently I've gotten quite into the fast firing ones with sizeable magazines like the Crusher and Pozhar. The Igla/Sovereign is probably the chunkiest though.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

That's always been my preferred method, for some reason smacking cyberpsychos upside the head with a baseball bat always seemed to me the most apt method, but with the power suit guys and some of the others you do have to take big chunks out of them first :)

One that's always stymied me is the katana guy somewhere in a city block area who goes invisible a lot, then when you've almost got him down he shifts to a nearby area with lots of Tygers.

This guy is fun if you're running a street weeb to have an honorabru duel!

(and then sandevistan and blender all the dickheads behind him in the second area)

Favourite shotties btw? I used to be wedded to the Satara but recently I've gotten quite into the fast firing ones with sizeable magazines like the Crusher and Pozhar. THe Igla/Sovereign is probably the chunkiest though.

Sovereign and the Satara/Order.

Sometimes I like the Carnage ones, but generally I prefer having at least two shots or a quick reload speed for a double barreled shotgun.

I'm not really a fan of the light hitting shotguns you seem to like, though they are better on a shotgun obliterate build. The headhunter iconic can be fun too since it's basically a shotgun rifle that fires single slugs if you need a bit of range.

Gargaune

Arcane
I didn't get to play with 2.01 so now that I'm back for the weekend, I thought I'd try updating to 2.02...

cbp-build-numbers.jpg

What's Build_4940722Change_6460039_0?! Is it v.2.02 or something deprecated, like that broken patch Larian left up for BG3? The prior patch for 2.0 was the same.

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you people? This is CD Projekt's own videogame on their own fucking distribution platform, there's no passing the buck here. Is it any wonder that videogames come out as broken, rancid pieces of shit time and again when self-titled "software engineers" can't even be arsed to label their builds correctly for public distribution?!

Fuck you!

On a different note, AwesomeButton, having an issue with JSGME where it "locks" some base frameworks like CET or Red4Ext as dependencies for subsequent mods, so I can't just disable them, update their contents in the left pane and then enable them again, I'd have to disable everything and then put them back in one by one.

How do you handle updates for "locked" mods? I'm seeing two options:
1) Manually paste the updated files in both JSGME's mod repo and the game's file structure to keep them in sync, but that would present issues when mod changes include deleting the previous files, I'd have to track them down manually.
2) Go into the JSGME.ini inside the manager's mod repo and delete everything under "[DEPENDANCIES]" (sic), unlocking all mods, though that could theoretically lead to issues if I ever change my modding structure.

I'm tempted to go with the latter since I think it's less likely I'll run into any scenario where I discontinue a base framework, but I'm curious what your take's on this.

Robber Baron

Savant
Finally got around to try 2.0, 60 hours in but haven't reached Phantom Liberty yet
Just enjoying the base game with pathtracing and mods. I really like all new systems coupled with hardcore difficulty although I lament the lack of overleveled encounters from the release version
The only disappointing thing so far was the absence of any kind of model swap mod for either judy or panam with that russian secretary lady
maybe next time

photomode-02112023-022336.jpg

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
2) Go into the JSGME.ini inside the manager's mod repo and delete everything under "[DEPENDANCIES]" (sic), unlocking all mods, though that could theoretically lead to issues if I ever change my modding structure.
This has been working for me. The blocking is caused by dir names, not filenames matching between mods, so it's safe to "correct" the Dependancies section.

Gargaune

Arcane
This has been working for me. The blocking is caused by dir names, not filenames matching between mods, so it's safe to "correct" the Dependancies section.
Cheers, dude! I'll leave it till next weekend, though, won't get to play for a while and who knows how many mod-breaking patches will come out in the interim.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I'm not really a fan of the light hitting shotguns you seem to like, though they are better on a shotgun obliterate build. The headhunter iconic can be fun too since it's basically a shotgun rifle that fires single slugs if you need a bit of range.

Yeah that's been my reasoning: more shots, more chances to obliterate. Very satisfying.

The Satara was my first love though, I just couldn't get enough of it when I first played the game :)

Robber Baron

Savant
Just started Phantom Liberty and I wish I didn't
only hour and a half in and I already fucking hate it, a complete tone shift from the base game, writing stinks dangerhair slop so much makes me puke
the moment
le wymen president disarms an armed merc
I just loaded the savefile prior to starting this dogshit and continued with the main game

KVVRR

Learned
only hour and a half in and I already fucking hate it, a complete tone shift from the base game, writing stinks dangerhair slop so much makes me puke
the moment
I just loaded the savefile prior to starting this dogshit and continued with the main game
imagine being a STRlet

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
the moment
You know you can overpower her, right? But for that you need a serious investment into Body (about 20).
Myers is the president of NUSA and an ex-CEO of Militech. I bet she has access to augmentations that no money can buy.

Why do assume a street punk with some black-market purchased mods has to be stronger than her?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom