Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Fucking Steam autoupdate, can't play now until all mods are updated
Which is why you disable autoupdates after you install your mods.

inb4 "steam won't let me launch the game without updating it"

You can launch the game with the .exe any time.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I don't have a lot of mods running but none of them broke after that update.

Then again I performed a fresh installation of the game for the DLC then just imported my saves.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Update on Ray Construction:

So I'm still very much enjoying this feature from Nvidia as its effect on the environment is p. astounding (and it actually provides a performance boost to Ray Tracing as well), but it's not without its flaws. I've noticed that several NPCs' faces can take on an odd plastic or slightly shiny look, most notably Panam's. It isn't severe but it's enough to have prompted me to Google the subject and try experimenting with the latest DLSS 3 .dll file, for example, which may have helped slightly.

Very interesting times for GPU tech. I appreciate that CDPR is pushing the boundaries utilizing things like this.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
1608740750-OC.jpg

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I don't have a lot of mods running but none of them broke after that update.

Then again I performed a fresh installation of the game for the DLC then just imported my saves.

There were a few - Virtual Atelier, Named Saves and another one, I forget, caused problems at first, but updates for those came pretty quickly.

Poor old Mod Settings gives it a silent crash again though. Shame with that mod, it's such nice QOL to have all your settings for those types of mods easily adjustable from the main menu, but the mod author seems to not have much time for updating the mod. He did update to 2.01 eventually, but it took a while, might take a while again for 2.02. CET mods are fine, as Native Settings (the other adjust-your-mods'-settings-from-the-main-menu-mod) seems never to need updating.

Might be intentional. There are a few complete body replacement cyborgs in the game here and there including two that are doing some weird sex stuff behind a high body requirement door.
No, that's a robot, you can see when the player scans him. The humanoid robots probably use the human skeleton and with the patch they forgot to disable certain anima-...

oh god, maybe the robots can piss now?

cp2077-piss.gif

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Might be intentional. There are a few complete body replacement cyborgs in the game here and there including two that are doing some weird sex stuff behind a high body requirement door.
No, that's a robot, you can see when the player scans him.
Yeah, you're right. The full replacement borgs all look like robots but have names.

Starwars

Arcane
I finished Phantom Liberty and I have mixed feelings on it. The good thing is that they improved upon some of the more basic features of the game. So the gigs are... well, to be honest they're not *that* different but the presentation of them is a bit more involved, which does help a lot. But the game still struggles with making them memorable. A nice thing about these new sidequests is that you often get a little follow-up once you've completed them, either meeting with a NPC that was involved in them, or getting a message or something. But a lot of the time I struggled to even remember these people.

The combat scenarios feel better and more interestingly designed overall. I enjoyed some of the boss encounters. The dropship mechanic provides some fun fighting but it's also kinda annoying. The "steal a vehicle" quests were also annoying to me but I only ended up doing a few.

There are parts of the story that are quite good but what really turns me off from it is that it's *very* reliant on you liking the characters. It doesn't take five minutes from meeting these characters before they start unloading their personal baggage on you, while at the same time trying to paint the picture of them being professional. The game loves showing off the "acting" so you get this weirdly overdone face-action with Reed looking worried all the time, and So Mi trying to be presented as a waifu you're supposed to really like. The main game did this with the romance interests as well but I really feel it was overdone here.
And yeah, the characters were just not particularly likeable to me. I looked forward to Reed's character but he's just remorseful and sad most of the time, with a puppy dog look on his face constantly. And like I said, Songbird was pushed really hard as someone V should care a lot about. Up until the end where the game pulls out all the emotional stops to make you care, yet all I could feel was "damn this is taking a long time".

The final parts of the game soured me on the expansion to be honest. I haven't read any impressions of it since I started playing except now in this thread, and I guess there are different end-games which is nice. My end-game section ended up turning into a really shitty indie-horror sequence with you having to hide from a baddie. Like Alien Isolation or Amnesia the Bunker except a lot worse. Complete with insta-death. Complete break in the gameplay loop and it really annoyed me, especially with some shitty "psychological horror" type of storytelling where you experience some of the past for one of the main characters.
All in all, I didn't hate the main story even if it didn't impress me either, but yeah, the final parts really left a bad taste in my mouth. Shitty design.

All in all the expansion is definitely "meaty". It feels similar to the Witcher 3 expansions in that regard, it doesn't feel rushed in any sense. And there's definitely some fun to be had, some good improvements here and there that are very welcome. But since it invests so heavily in its characters and their melodrama, if you don't like them you're kinda out of luck in that regard.

I think this will be a struggle for CD Projekt in the future as far as I'm concerned. The Witcher 3 was also very driven by its characters but they are, on the whole, interesting and likeable. Cyberpunk was a big decline in this regard on the whole and Phantom Liberty continues on that path.

Last edited:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
The final parts of the game soured me on the expansion to be honest. I haven't read any impressions of it since I started playing except now in this thread, and I guess there are different end-games which is nice. My end-game section ended up turning into a really shitty indie-horror sequence with you having to hide from a baddie. Like Alien Isolation or Amnesia the Bunker except a lot worse. Complete with insta-death. Complete break in the gameplay loop and it really annoyed me, especially with some shitty "psychological horror" type of storytelling where you experience some of the past for one of the main characters.
All in all, I didn't hate the main story even if it didn't impress me either, but yeah, the final parts really left a bad taste in my mouth. Shitty design.
had you gone with forced waifu, you would have best fight in the game

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
had you gone with forced waifu, you would have best fight in the game
but with Reed you get Max Tac fight and the RoboSpider: Isolation segment.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Max Tac fight
heard its simplified maxtac though?
Yeah, you can take them out one by one, when Reed is stunlocking them.

Recently I had the fight with the full might of actual MaxTac (provoked by my 5 stars criminal rating) and it was quite fun, challenging but doable. Unfortunately, when I beat them, another AV came and dropped a second squad, which at this point I did not appreciate.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Max Tac fight
heard its simplified maxtac though?
Yeah, you can take them out one by one, when Reed is stunlocking them.

Recently I had the fight with the full might of actual MaxTac (provoked by my 5 stars criminal rating) and it was quite fun, challenging but doable. Unfortunately, when I beat them, another AV came and dropped a second squad, which at this point I did not appreciate.
my build was doing maxtac endlesly and yet somi final fight was a challenge

DeepOcean

Arcane
I finished the "heist" on the big baddie base, it was less interactive than Kopeki Plaza and had a really deflating climax, what is a shame, you have all those weapons you wanna blow people up with but nope... cinematic forced sniper section for you and worse of all... all this cinematic bs for characters that feel paper thin. What is the point of casting Idris Elba for a character like Reed? Only marketing?

Sorry to say but everyone claiming this story is amazing are just smoking dope, it isnt the worst story ever but two characters that happen to have cyber-aids at the same time seems way too convenient for me, it isnt awful but I'm just bored. So Mi feels more like a plot device than a character so far because of that.

The main missions feel like a waste of time, if they kept Mayers in Dogtown with you being Snake Plissken having to shootdown half of Dogtown to rescue her, it would have managed to keep my adrenaline levels high enough for me to not fall asleep.

The good news is that the gameplay was updated from unfinished popamole to good for what it is popamole because on very hard:
1 - The Ai is alot more enviroment aware and will try to flank you more agressively.
2 - They also seem more agressive with granade use.
3 - You are made of paper even with 1000+ of armor unless you abuse sanderistan and berserk.
4 - Cyberware are more integrated with the perks now, crouch running while invisible, karenikov while air dashing feel good.
5 - Hacking feels nerfed until you realize the way you can make it OP again what is good.
6 - Trying to reach the right spot for big fry with Tech weapons is fun.

I still think they shouldnt reward perk points at each level up, that is too much, especially now with you reaching level 60.

A 30% to 50% XP debuff mod is required to keep the game entertaining for longer, right now, I'm obliterating fools with no effort, Laika and that sniper rifle you get from the heist demolish fools, so... the issue is... I'm not interested on the story, Ais, NUSA, So Mi... bleh, but I reached a level where there is no credible opposition and by credible opposition, something that doesnt melt in 5 seconds and the side missions arent exactly memorable for their characters so ... in terms of gameplay changes, the new iconic weapons, the new cyberware system the expansion was a big win, in terms of actual content, it is more of the same with barely more effort but still quite meh.

Ironically, I had more fun chasing Hansen air drops and getting to drive and go Allahu Snackbar with cars on enemy camps than with the story so far.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I finished the "heist" on the big baddie base, it was less interactive than Kopeki Plaza and had a really deflating climax, what is a shame, you have all those weapons you wanna blow people up with but nope... cinematic forced sniper section for you and worse of all... all this cinematic bs for characters that feel paper thin. What is the point of casting Idris Elba for a character like Reed? Only marketing?

Sorry to say but everyone claiming this story is amazing are just smoking dope, it isnt the worst story ever but two characters that happen to have cyber-aids at the same time seems way too convenient for me, it isnt awful but I'm just bored. So Mi feels more like a plot device than a character so far because of that.

The main missions feel like a waste of time, if they kept Mayers in Dogtown with you being Snake Plissken having to shootdown half of Dogtown to rescue her, it would have managed to keep my adrenaline levels high enough for me to not fall asleep.

The good news is that the gameplay was updated from unfinished popamole to good for what it is popamole because on very hard:
1 - The Ai is alot more enviroment aware and will try to flank you more agressively.
3 - You are made of paper even with 1000+ of armor unless you abuse sanderistan and berserk.
4 - Cyberware are more integrated with the perks now, crouch running while invisible, karenikov while air dashing feel good.
5 - Hacking feels nerfed until you realize the way you can make it OP again what is good.

I still think they shouldnt reward perk points at each level up, that is too much, especially now with you reaching level 60.

A 30% to 50% XP debuff mod is required to keep the game entertaining for longer, right now, I'm obliterating fools with no effort, Laika and that sniper rifle you get from the heist demolish fools, so... the issue is... I'm not interested on the story, Ais, NUSA, So Mi... bleh, but I reached a level where there is no credible opposition and by credible opposition, something that doesnt melt in 5 seconds and the side missions arent exactly memorable for their characters so ... in terms of gameplay changes, the new iconic weapons, the new cyberware system the expansion was a big win, in terms of actual content, it is more of the same with barely more effort but still quite meh.

Ironically, I had more fun chasing Hansen air drops and getting to drive and go Allahu Snackbar with cars on enemy camps than with the story so far.

Come on then, out with your build :)

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine

Play when this get's updated nigger.

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/8467

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom