Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Podsiadło - Cyberpunk's main composer - also got a cameo as a corpo villain in one of the PL missions.

I absolutely cannot stand this stuff. The egotism of modern developers (well, ones like this, not all of them) tells you a lot about why the industry is so trash. They've somehow got bigger heads on them than Hollywood directors and stars.
What are you on about again?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just started second playthrough and Holy shit, this game is hard on very hard difficulty. Last time I played on hard, it was mostly very entertaining run and gun with slo mo. Now I need to use stealth and hacks, because simple mobs can fuck me up in 3 seconds. So far I like it(doing gigs after meeting with Takemura), I don't have a feeling of being raped in the ass, it seems balanced and game mechanics are working fine even when there is no space for an error.
You'll start steamrolling soon enough, don't worry. It does provide a fairly satisfying zero to hero arc though, it would just be nice if it was a bit more gradual.

So far, every 2.0 character I've had had gotten godlike before even starting Phantom Liberty.
Yeah, I'm afraid I will reach 60th level to soon, doing all gigs this time. Thinking about experience points scaling mod to lower the values, saw it somewhere on Nexus while I was lurking there couple of days ago.
I feel crazy op around level 25ish....

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
For anyone who gives a shit...

Ray Construction mode for Nvidia is p. incredible.

You do get a massive framerate boost from using Frame Generation, but, once you figure out how to actually get it enabled in CP2077, Ray Construction Mode goes even a step further.

With my 4090 in 1440p, I've got every single option in the game possible set to the highest quality there is, including Psycho mode for ray tracing itself, etc., and I'm capping out at 138fps, often maintaining that (138fps is an expected and normal cap for 144Hz users if you use Nvidia Reflex which is automatically enabled when using Frame Generation -- Nvidia feels that going above that is approaching too closely to your monitor's actual refresh rate and avoids that).

Say what you want to about the game itself, but with features like this and a nice, tailored ReShade or whatever to get the sharpness, tint, and other aesthetic aspects of the graphics tuned the way you like it, it's even more gorgeous now. Still a little grainy for my tastes, but I'm willing to put up with that.

Crispy, post some pics instead of the verbal diarrhea. CP2077 is pretty gorgeous in general, but I've yet to see any real benefits from ray tracing, path tracing, etc. All I can see from that stuff is the developers now tend to make all the surfaces metallic so they reflect light better, and so now even NPC's skin and wood and everything glares with reflections.

Yosharian

Arcane

You do get a massive framerate boost from using Frame Generation, but, once you figure out how to actually get it enabled in CP2077, Ray Construction Mode goes even a step further.

With my 4090 in 1440p, I've got every single option in the game possible set to the highest quality there is, including Psycho mode for ray tracing itself, etc., and I'm capping out at 138fps, often maintaining that (138fps is an expected and normal cap for 144Hz users if you use Nvidia Reflex which is automatically enabled when using Frame Generation -- Nvidia feels that going above that is approaching too closely to your monitor's actual refresh rate and avoids that).

Say what you want to about the game itself, but with features like this and a nice, tailored ReShade or whatever to get the sharpness, tint, and other aesthetic aspects of the graphics tuned the way you like it, it's even more gorgeous now. Still a little grainy for my tastes, but I'm willing to put up with that.
Too bad the graphics are still buggy as hell, flashing reflections, glitches all kinds of messy shit

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Yeah, I do still see inexplicable flashes and odd texture glitches here and there. You'd think they would have cleaned all that up by now.

Still, overall, it can be impressive. I think its graphical excellence has already been shown in still images plenty, so no need for me to do that. I'm talking about the liquid smoothness in gameplay in any situation that goes along with the graphical fidelity, which can't really be appreciated other than in-person.

No, I'm not inviting Porky over to my house.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Yeah, I do still see inexplicable flashes and odd texture glitches here and there. You'd think they would have cleaned all that up by now.

Still, overall, it can be impressive. I think its graphical excellence has already been shown in still images plenty, so no need for me to do that. I'm talking about the liquid smoothness in gameplay in any situation that goes along with the graphical fidelity, which can't really be appreciated other than in-person.

Male V or female V? What's your build

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

I've seen mixed opinions on the Ray Reconstruction feature, in terms of it being a bit of a toss up, re. visual artifacts, between that and standard DLSS 3.5. They both produce occasionally nasty visual artifacts, just different kinds, so it's partly a matter of taste. RR probably does edge out a bit in terms of speed, but it's not quite as revolutionary of a feature as advertised.

It's probably true that CDPR have lucked out with PL at a time when lots of people have gotten powerful new systems all dressed up with nowhere to go. Well, ofc BG3 looks tremendous, but Starfield is disappointing; this game looks absolutely breathtaking in places if you have a full enchilada modern system ( *sigh* ).

It's interesting that CDPR built Witcher 3 with a bit if future-proofing (I remember struggling with it when I played part of it through the first time round with an older system, and then playing it all the way through a second time a few years later when I had a better system, and being thoroughly impressed), and then this game the same.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Just started second playthrough and Holy shit, this game is hard on very hard difficulty. Last time I played on hard, it was mostly very entertaining run and gun with slo mo. Now I need to use stealth and hacks, because simple mobs can fuck me up in 3 seconds. So far I like it(doing gigs after meeting with Takemura), I don't have a feeling of being raped in the ass, it seems balanced and game mechanics are working fine even when there is no space for an error.
You'll start steamrolling soon enough, don't worry. It does provide a fairly satisfying zero to hero arc though, it would just be nice if it was a bit more gradual.

So far, every 2.0 character I've had had gotten godlike before even starting Phantom Liberty.
Yeah, I'm afraid I will reach 60th level to soon, doing all gigs this time. Thinking about experience points scaling mod to lower the values, saw it somewhere on Nexus while I was lurking there couple of days ago.

Yeah that mod is pretty essential IMHO. The cinematic part of the game is fun the first time round, but the replayability of the game is in the gigging and open world wandering, in which case, if you do a lot of that, you really do need xp reduction, otherwise you're stupidly out-levelled for the story bits when they come up.

I agree that that the difficulty is nicely balanced now. When I first started playing I loaded up on extra difficulty mods, based on past experience, but I soon found out that they were overkill. Very Hard is definitely in the sweet spot all by itself now, especially when you have several 3-bar skull enemies in a group, they're no joke.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Sweet idea from reddit-

CP2077 but the engram is Adam Smasher instead of Silverhand
"JUST FUCKING KILL HIM" on repeat.
YOU LOOK LIKE A CUT OF FUCKABLE MEAT!

Pro-tip: This isn't as good of a pickup line IRL as you might think.

:martini:
9/10 chance you get arrested, 1/10 chance of getting your soul sucked out through your dick.
worth a try i've been arrested for less. shame it involves talking to women though

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Agree x2.

Because he already has a key. :smug:

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
BG3 looks tremendous
It's a matter of opinion but I don't think it does. It looks OK at best. CP can look amazing under the right conditions (rain + night + city reflections in puddles + settins on max) but that's a party trick; when it's not in effect you see janky artifacting and pop-in everywhere.

Both are good games, but not worth buying new hardware for.

RDR2 looks consistently better than anything released since, even if it's a console-first game for previous-gen toasters. Runs much better too.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/10181

Economy overhaul. Can be coupled with these two mods

Rogue's Fee

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/8096

Eddies Received Multiplier

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/4647

The last two don't have settings but both can be modified by opening the files with either Notepad++ or VS Code.

Yeah that mod is pretty essential IMHO. The cinematic part of the game is fun the first time round, but the replayability of the game is in the gigging and open world wandering, in which case, if you do a lot of that, you really do need xp reduction, otherwise you're stupidly out-levelled for the story bits when they come up.

I agree that that the difficulty is nicely balanced now. When I first started playing I loaded up on extra difficulty mods, based on past experience, but I soon found out that they were overkill. Very Hard is definitely in the sweet spot all by itself now, especially when you have several 3-bar skull enemies in a group, they're no joke.

That's good, you can also use PED Damage Overhaul for less spongy enemies and fairer fights

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/5066

and Damage Scaling to increase the damage the enemies do to V

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/1712

abija

Prophet
but I've yet to see any real benefits from ray tracing, path tracing, etc
You get to play at 140 fps with 60ms latency and artefacts instead of 15ms on same hardware. Also doesn't work on AMD.
You can sleep better at night knowing the scene is correctly illuminated (whatever that means) instead of faked out to look good.

Aarwolf

Learned
I ended up with about ~10 mln €$, 560 HP, max level and max street cred by doing all available gigs and side jobs before PL. I maxed three stats (int, tech, body) - boy, this game sure needs economy and XP mods.

My overall impression is that main story is quite meh - I would prefer it to be much more story about rising in the ranks (from total newbie to full pro), with the heist being the job you're doing for fame and retirement. That way I could fuck how long I want in the city doing gigs and side jobs for fixers without this stupid feeling that I should run for cure and stop dicking around doing bullshit things.

Also - I don't care too much about graphics and all, but playing it back to back with Starfield makes you think what the hell Todd and all other apes from Bethesda were doing all this time. Night City looks simply gorgeous at times and it's crowded with different looking, often very pretty and colourful people, while Starfield looks bland, empty and devoid of any artistical direction. Just bland corporate shit.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
1697916945590.png

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Uhm...I'm doing my second run and I've just finished All Foods, and I'm already level 5. I'm using the mod to reduce XP and I put it at 0.7. Is it still to fast? Should I put it at 0.5?

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I'm using the mod to reduce XP and I put it at 0.7. Is it still to fast? Should I put it at 0.5?
I've just started the DLC, which means a full re-spec, at level 41. Once I reconfigured everything, I'm woefully short of some of the top-end skills which I can see I'm going to want. Not to mention the separate Relic skills, although those are earned differently.

Does this game even use level-scaling? I honestly don't know, but I'm guessing if anything you might be underleveled once you make your way towards Dogtown. I'm really glad I decided to continue on with my existing character.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Yeah, the enemies have enough health to survive long enough now and the ai was tweaked to be extremely agressive, if you stay put, you die at lower levels, animals love to use sandervistan to just charge and one hit kill you in melee and shotgunners love to be sneaky motherfuckers and sandervistan to shotgun your ass, also, some enemies have tech weapons, specially snipers and yes, they penetrate thin cover, discovered this the hard way, they also love to throw incendiary and toxic granades as confetti and your life melts with a single one of those.

Level 15 - 20 is the first breakpoint though, once you get a good iconic and enough attribute level 15 to 20 perks, you will get the ball rolling, using the iconic smart submachinegun yinglong, 20% chance of PEM explosions and boy those explosions hit hard and replenish my incendiary granade by going into the tech tree, level 35 - 40 is another breakpoint, you can now max two trees, now I use overclock for 50% more damage and instantaneous tracking without having to use recon granades, enemies melt as electric damage seems to overcome armor.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Yeah, the enemies have enough health to survive long enough now and the ai was tweaked to be extremely agressive, if you stay put, you die at lower levels, animals love to use sandervistan to just charge and one hit kill you in melee and shotgunners love to be sneaky motherfuckers and sandervistan to shotgun your ass, also, some enemies have tech weapons, specially snipers and yes, they penetrate thin cover, discovered this the hard way, they also love to throw incendiary and toxic granades as confetti and your life melts with a single one of those.

Level 15 - 20 is the first breakpoint though, once you get a good iconic and enough attribute level 15 to 20 perks, you will get the ball rolling, using the iconic smart submachinegun yinglong, 20% chance of PEM explosions and boy those explosions hit hard and replenish my incendiary granade by going into the tech tree, level 35 - 40 is another breakpoint, you can now max two trees, now I use overclock for 50% more damage and instantaneous tracking without having to use recon granades, enemies melt as electric damage seems to overcome armor.

Yeah I've got a Netrunner Yinglong/Overclock build, it's really powerful. I'm more invested in Reflexes than Body on the side, so mine's a bit of a glass cannon and dependent on Dash mobility, Kerenzikov and all that, but it's utterly destructive.

Not really what one associates with Netrunnereyness though, but who's complaining lol (I saw someone excuse it lore-wise as being that a "Netrunner" at our level is more like a "script kiddie" who uses hacked-together Netrunner skills as an adjunct, so I suppose that fits the idea of an "in your face" Netrunner a bit.)

Aarwolf

Learned
Not to mention the separate Relic skills, although those are earned differently.

You get 3 points at the start of DLC and another 3 midway through. At total there are 15 I think? Don't remember, b/c I never used abilities associated with them, I was a powerhouse already. You can find the rest in Dogtown.

That's what a lot of the early info had said, but in practice with the overhauled systems, it definitely doesn't feel like it does. There's certainly a power curve that you ride out as you upgrade your skills, perks, cyberware, and gear.

The only time I was downed in PL was in a fight with MaxTac guys when I chose Reed path (ie. don't help Songbird escape) and only because I went full contact with them instead carefully killing them via nethacks from behind. If there was level scaling at all, I didn't feel it, was so overpowered.

(I don't count being downed by fucking unkillable robot in Militech abandoned base futher down the quest in a cutscenes when he saw me, fuck it and fuck the fuck who thought it make sense and is a fun gameplay - it's not).

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Does this game even use level-scaling?
Not in the way we mean when we say level scaling. The patch notes used the term level scaling, but that's messaging intended for the average cyberpunk player. From my experience, the city is split into zones which have a level floor and a level ceiling and the enemies scale within the zone's bounds. The end result feels pretty good to me at least. You can tell when you are in a zone that's too high for you, but you can also tell when you've outleveled a zone. If you start doing jobs in a zone which is about your level, then you will see it scale along with you, but no level numbers are shown in the UI anymore (for enemies and quests).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom