Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Also, I find it interesting that you're telling me what the guy who replied to me was posting about when he was asking about my post. I mean, seriously now.

This is literally the implicit trace mechanic that has nothing to do with netrunners:

but while he's tracing my location there is no hint
Yeah, fair enough. :salute:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
There's a handy QOL mod, Ping Tags Enemies, that gets around the annoying problem of mistagging other items like canisters or whatever instead of enemies, if they're far enough away or through walls. It gets rid of the make-work of actually tagging them manually (which is kind of immersive the first few times, but gets tediously RSI-inducing after a while).

Generally, the enemy netrunner is the one who looks like they're crouched over fiddling with a laptop, so you can often make your way over to bop them early.

Also, top tip: Ping will highlight the local access point; if you are going into a big compound, it's worth breaching the access point before quickhacking the enemies, because that gives you a -2 RAM cost to quickhacks against people connected to that network. Pretty substantial. (I only discovered this when someone told me on the CDPR forums in a post where I was bemoaning the loss of importance of breaching! :) )

Also, the blue level Ping (I think it is) gives you +25% lock-on speed with smart guns against pinged enemies, also fairly substantial.

These facts together make 1) the seemingly-pointless minor perk at the bottom of the tree on the left that reduces sequence length by 1 (Forcekill Cypher), and 2) keeping Ping in your deck, worth it for some builds.

I do wish someone would make a mod that brings back the old breaching though - where if you got all 3 sequences you made them vulnerable and various other things. It felt much more netrunnery, more like you're actually using your intelligence, whereas now, while netrunning is still just as effective once built up (except for the loss of those ridiculously OP Contagion builds), it feels more like "magic" in any other game, in a way it's now too "active," to the point that you're almost as strong as an Adrenaline build in terms of going loud and in your face with enemies. Fun, but not really very netrunnery.

Last edited:

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
because that gives you a -2 RAM cost to quickhacks against people connected to that network
I have finished Phantom Liberty with a netrunner build yesterday and I was not aware of this.

While we're on the subject of protips, here's how to play invulnerable hacker god:

1) Activate Overclock
2) Upload Synapse Burnout to an enemy, followed by 2 of your cheapest hacks, followed by Memory Wipe that has a base cost of 32.
3) When the enemy is killed by Synapse Burnout, you will get 80% of the cost of the two cheap hacks and Memory Wipe back due to the Data Recycler perk.
4) Due to how Overclock works with Sublimation, the refund is in both health and RAM, so you're actually getting 160% back.
5) If that wasn't enough, Queue Mastery halves the upload cost of Memory Wipe if it's 4th in the queue, but Data Recycler refunds 80% of the base cost...
6) To top it all off, if you're using a tier 5 Synapse Burnout, kills extend the duration of Overclock by 5 seconds, making it last until there's nothing left to kill.
7) You should have enough RAM and health to hold Tab, tag 2 enemies with a queue of death each, then release, wait for them to die, then repeat.
8) If you don't kill a skull enemy with Synapse Burnout for some reason, it's fine as long as the other guy you tagged died; you're back at 100% health and RAM and you can kill him on the 2nd try. Try to tag normal enemies and skulls in pairs, with the normal enemy being first, so the Race Against the Mind perk and Synapse Burnout's inherent buffs can proc on the skull guy based on your missing health and RAM.

You can start messing with this as soon as you get Overclock and Queue Mastery, but you will be capped by Overclock's duration until you acquire a tier 5 deck and a tier 5 Synapse Burnout to go with it. I'd recommend the Tetratronic for the buff it gives to your combat hacks when followed by non-combat hacks in the queue, which you will always be doing.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Some of the gigs in CP2077 are the most hilarious ones ever.

I just had the one where V investigates the potential unfaithfulness of the wife of his bartender friend and Johny narrates each step of the quest in a style of pulp noir novel, to V's increasing dismay.

Also the one when V steals Kerry Eurodyne's guitar from a collector of Samurai memorabilia and Silverhand just can't shut his mouth about how the guy has terrible taste because he idolizes Kerry instead of Johny himself.

Also, stealing that fucking Arasaka truck felt good when Reyes told me what Arasaka did to denizens of Santo Domingo.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
How exactly can you find netrunner that is tracing your location? When you are hacked there is an indicator that lead to him, but while he's tracing my location there is no hint. I've read that in previous version of the game there was a perk "I spy", that was highlighting netrunners in orange while scanning. Can't figure it out how does it work now.
It's not a netrunner tracing you, it's a new mechanic that is supposed to make the 1.0 "kill everyone from stealth with quickhacks" playstyle harder.

Upload a tier 2 or higher Sonic Shock before whatever you use to kill enemies though, and that essentially disables the trace.
its not just quick hacks. Trace starts when bodies are found AND there is netrunner on enemy team. So in a sense yeah, its netrunner tracing you

mediocrepoet

Patron
because that gives you a -2 RAM cost to quickhacks against people connected to that network
I have finished Phantom Liberty with a netrunner build yesterday and I was not aware of this.

While we're on the subject of protips, here's how to play invulnerable hacker god:

1) Activate Overclock
2) Upload Synapse Burnout to an enemy, followed by 2 of your cheapest hacks, followed by Memory Wipe that has a base cost of 32.
3) When the enemy is killed by Synapse Burnout, you will get 80% of the cost of the two cheap hacks and Memory Wipe back due to the Data Recycler perk.
4) Due to how Overclock works with Sublimation, the refund is in both health and RAM, so you're actually getting 160% back.
5) If that wasn't enough, Queue Mastery halves the upload cost of Memory Wipe if it's 4th in the queue, but Data Recycler refunds 80% of the base cost...
6) To top it all off, if you're using a tier 5 Synapse Burnout, kills extend the duration of Overclock by 5 seconds, making it last until there's nothing left to kill.
7) You should have enough RAM and health to hold Tab, tag 2 enemies with a queue of death each, then release, wait for them to die, then repeat.
8) If you don't kill a skull enemy with Synapse Burnout for some reason, it's fine as long as the other guy you tagged died; you're back at 100% health and RAM and you can kill him on the 2nd try. Try to tag normal enemies and skulls in pairs, with the normal enemy being first, so the Race Against the Mind perk and Synapse Burnout's inherent buffs can proc on the skull guy based on your missing health and RAM.

You can start messing with this as soon as you get Overclock and Queue Mastery, but you will be capped by Overclock's duration until you acquire a tier 5 deck and a tier 5 Synapse Burnout to go with it. I'd recommend the Tetratronic for the buff it gives to your combat hacks when followed by non-combat hacks in the queue, which you will always be doing.
This is very netrunnery. Decimating the enemy with the power of math. :lol:

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Trace starts when bodies are found AND there is netrunner on enemy team. So in a sense yeah, its netrunner tracing you
That might be true but quickhacks have a completely separate tracing mechanic. Look:

1st kill immediately starts the trace even though the other 2 enemies remain unaware. The body is found a few seconds later, but it doesn't result in any change re. trace. Then 2nd enemy dies, and trace jumps up since the hack used is traceable. Then 3rd enemy is killed and the encounter ends. None of them were netrunners.

Moink

Cipher
https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/pc/sp-technical/issue/2533/patch-2-02-coming-soon

Hey chooms, Patch 2.02 is on its way! We’d like to share the key fixes and improvements that will be featured there:

• V will no longer flatline after entering the Delamain AV in Path of Glory.
  • Fixed the shutters blocking entry to Black Sapphire in Run This Town.
  • Fixed an issue where cyberware could get downgraded to Tier 1 after updating the game to 2.01.
  • Fixed skill progression passives.
  • Rebalanced the timers in courier missions.
  • Added the possibility to mark vehicles as Favorites in the Call Vehicle menu.

Caim

Arcane

Zeriel

Arcane
(one of Hand's quests after you kill Hansen and V impersonates cuban assassin was fun as hell)
Yeah, even though V and Aguilar are both mercs, Aguilar is officially recognized as a messenger of Havana, which seems to be a large criminal syndicate with as much influence as corp. Because of this when Aguilar arrives to put a gun to someone's head she still gets the red carpet treatment. The perspective changes only a little, but you instantly get the idea what it feels to be someone with international cred.

If you look around the Dogtown stadium marketplace you'll find Kiciński and the other founder of CDP selling good shit there, mostly various braindances, but also items giving you skillpoints :)
Podsiadło - Cyberpunk's main composer - also got a cameo as a corpo villain in one of the PL missions.

I absolutely cannot stand this stuff. The egotism of modern developers (well, ones like this, not all of them) tells you a lot about why the industry is so trash. They've somehow got bigger heads on them than Hollywood directors and stars.

mediocrepoet

Patron
(one of Hand's quests after you kill Hansen and V impersonates cuban assassin was fun as hell)
Yeah, even though V and Aguilar are both mercs, Aguilar is officially recognized as a messenger of Havana, which seems to be a large criminal syndicate with as much influence as corp. Because of this when Aguilar arrives to put a gun to someone's head she still gets the red carpet treatment. The perspective changes only a little, but you instantly get the idea what it feels to be someone with international cred.

If you look around the Dogtown stadium marketplace you'll find Kiciński and the other founder of CDP selling good shit there, mostly various braindances, but also items giving you skillpoints :)
Podsiadło - Cyberpunk's main composer - also got a cameo as a corpo villain in one of the PL missions.

I absolutely cannot stand this stuff. The egotism of modern developers (well, ones like this, not all of them) tells you a lot about why the industry is so trash. They've somehow got bigger heads on them than Hollywood directors and stars.
Yeah if only we could go back to the good old days of Ultima or even original D&D.

Shaki

Arbiter
Damn, Cyberpunk is pretty nice now after DLC and updates, I expected to still hate it, but I got pleasantly surprised, and I'm having a lot of fun. Calling it an RPG is retarded, it's more of an interactive movie with shooter segments, but it's good at what it does, especially the DLC. Writing is decent, missions are designed well, shooting is fun, and on ultra with path tracing it's the best looking game I've ever seen, some scenes are unbelievably beautiful, while having far better performance than 10-year old looking garbage Starfield.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine

Fucking modern vidya gamez developtards good games ended with Space Invader retards.

sam-lake-max-payne-fay5ijp.jpg

jackofshadows

Magister
Calling it an RPG is retarded
It's essentially 2 games in one. One is like you said, a somewhat interactive movie and no more than that while the second one (mostly at some side stuff) is an actual RPG no less than VTMB or Deus Ex. Imagine for a second if the whole game would be like that. And the plot would be straight up about making your name, siding with factions or staying independent a la F:NV, choosing and possibly killing companions etc etc.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Calling it an RPG is retarded
It's essentially 2 games in one. One is like you said, a somewhat interactive movie and no more than that while the second one (mostly at some side stuff) is an actual RPG no less than VTMB or Deus Ex.
This may account for some of the different opinions on it actually. If the game only had the main missions and you couldn't just ignore them like you can in a Bethesda game, I'd probably hate it.

MasPingon

Arcane
Just started second playthrough and Holy shit, this game is hard on very hard difficulty. Last time I played on hard, it was mostly very entertaining run and gun with slo mo. Now I need to use stealth and hacks, because simple mobs can fuck me up in 3 seconds. So far I like it(doing gigs after meeting with Takemura), I don't have a feeling of being raped in the ass, it seems balanced and game mechanics are working fine even when there is no space for an error.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Just started second playthrough and Holy shit, this game is hard on very hard difficulty. Last time I played on hard, it was mostly very entertaining run and gun with slo mo. Now I need to use stealth and hacks, because simple mobs can fuck me up in 3 seconds. So far I like it(doing gigs after meeting with Takemura), I don't have a feeling of being raped in the ass, it seems balanced and game mechanics are working fine even when there is no space for an error.
You'll start steamrolling soon enough, don't worry. It does provide a fairly satisfying zero to hero arc though, it would just be nice if it was a bit more gradual.

So far, every 2.0 character I've had had gotten godlike before even starting Phantom Liberty.

MasPingon

Arcane
You'll start steamrolling soon enough, don't worry. It does provide a fairly satisfying zero to hero arc though, it would just be nice if it was a bit more gradual.

So far, every 2.0 character I've had had gotten godlike before even starting Phantom Liberty.
Yeah, I'm afraid I will reach 60th level to soon, doing all gigs this time. Thinking about experience points scaling mod to lower the values, saw it somewhere on Nexus while I was lurking there couple of days ago.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom