Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

MasPingon

Arcane
One truely essential mode, literally lifesaver is this:

Skip Unskippable Cutscenes Braindance Rides Dialogue Phone Calls - Speed Up Time Acceleration - Fast Quick Replay The Game - NPC Talk Faster​

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/3278

Nice to have:

Police Award XP - cops give experience 2.01​

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/9905

Makes police less of a gimmick.

Unlock Fov​

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/7989

Weather Randomiser​

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/4388?tab=images

Still testing if it actually works. There is far too sunny in vanilla.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
One truely essential mode, literally lifesaver is this:

Skip Unskippable Cutscenes Braindance Rides Dialogue Phone Calls - Speed Up Time Acceleration - Fast Quick Replay The Game - NPC Talk Faster​

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/3278

Nice to have:

Police Award XP - cops give experience 2.01​

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/9905

Makes police less of a gimmick.

Unlock Fov​

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/7989

Weather Randomiser​

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/4388?tab=images

Still testing if it actually works. There is far too sunny in vanilla.

Weathermancer is a pretty cool mod that bypasses all the randomization faff and just gives you direct control over whatever weather you like. The way I play, I use the NCLM Weather Probability Rebalance mod from here (because I like the NCLM version of the game engine lighting) which generally leans towards fairly gloomy weathers overall, but if I get bored with the gloom and doom I can immediately switch it to a sunny day at will, just using Weathermancer via the native settings mod menu. Best of both worlds.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Was playing with a pirated version and liked 2.0 enough to go legit and as a reward, all the passive bonuses from skills are now broken by 2.01 and the car theft side quests are bugged with El Capitan dialog bugged, the code monkeys CDPR keep chained on their basement seem even more malnourished than Bethesda ones. It is the all the ultimate perks dont working at release debacle all over again.

All this makes me super confident those code monkeys that are replaced faster than Leo Di Caprio girlfriends will handle Unreal 5 super well.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
As an aside, someone had said they thought the "tracing" notification when an enemy netrunner was trying to find you was cosmetic. It isn't. I followed it back to one and hacked him to bits before he got anywhere near finding me. I think sometimes it can look weird because if there are other enemies and cameras, it'll bounce through them making a route to you, just like they can load you up with quick hacks that way. The other thing that can make it confusing is that sometimes the enemy netrunner is on the other side of the friggin' map and it can be hard to figure out where the hell they are, especially since they've likely bounced a route through a bunch of other guys and cameras.

Other than that... CDPR didn't remove nudity from the game, it's just that you have to enable it. If you do, things show up like they did at launch. It's disabled by default, probably to keep parents and ratings boards happier.

I think there was another thing I was going to clarify/correct, but I forgot what it was. Meh. Good enough. :P

Aarwolf

Learned
And now you have a major company CEO that get killed but didn't keep a copy of himself.

Except he did. Silverhand's relic is a prototype, not the only one relic ever existing.

On the other hand - who the hell thought it was a good idea to have whole part of a main quest in Phantom Liberty when you can't kill the fucking robot, while in the same story couple of hours before you could down much bigger one (Chimera)? My 60 lvl netrunner who fries everyone and everything with just her brain suddenly couldn't do a thing to that fucker, because why exactly? And no, I don't buy shit that it was old, more advanced tech or smth.

I ended PL yesterday and I don't think main story is in any way better than the main one. Ok, I'm 40 yo guy, so I could relate more with Alex and Reed (liked them both btw, but man, Reed has issuess) and I was pissed by the songbird character (why would I care about her? why should I rescue her when I know that she's lying all the time? I don't have white knight syndrome and I don't feel responsible for her like Reed does), so maybe that's the problem.

I did like more gigs and quests from Hands, I liked Bond-like feeling the writers clearly were pushing at, I liked some gizmos and face-changing shenanigans (one of Hand's quests after you kill Hansen and V impersonates cuban assassin was fun as hell) and I did like Dogtown as a place and new area to explore.

Oh, and one, very potato thing. When I was a kid and teenager, there was a broken down stadium in a heart of Warsaw, built in the 1950s and turned in 1990s and 2000s into one giant bazaar. It was demolished in 2010 iirc and now we have there new stadium build for Euro2012 cup. So, 20-30 years ago you could buy there everything - clothes, pirated cds with games and music, decomissioned military equipment, soviet memorabilia, hell, even old guns and shit if you knew who to ask - and when I entered Dogtown for the first time and saw the interior of the stadium - it was this fucking thing. There are even places there that look exactly the same as they looked in Warsaw counterpart back then and for this I give them all the credit I can. Quality shit. Oh, and one thing - this stadium was the only place in Warsaw where one could find Asians and Blacks in large numbers - they were selling shit from around the world (clothes mostly, but food also) and in mostly Pole dominated city it was something very different.

Last edited:

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
And now you have a major company CEO that get killed but didn't keep a copy of himself.

Except he did. Silverhand's relic is a prototype, not the only one relic ever existing.

On the other hand - who the hell thought it was a good idea to have whole part of a main quest in Phantom Liberty when you can't kill the fucking robot, while in the same story couple of hours before you could down much bigger one (Chimera)? My 60 lvl netrunner who fries everyone and everything with just her brain suddenly couldn't do a thing to that fucker, because why exactly? And no, I don't buy shit that it was old, more advanced tech or smth.

I ended PL yesterday and I don't think main story is in any way better than the main one. Ok, I'm 40 yo guy, so I could relate more with Alex and Reed (liked them both btw, but man, Reed has issuess) and I was pissed by the songbird character (why would I care about her? why should I rescue her when I know that she's lying all the time? I don't have white knight syndrome and I don't feel responsible for her like Reed does), so maybe that's the problem.

I did like more gigs and quests from Hands, I liked Bond-like feeling the writers clearly were pushing at, I liked some gizmos and face-changing shenanigans (one of Hand's quests after you kill Hansen and V impersonates cuban assassin was fun as hell) and I did like Dogtown as a place and new area to explore.

Oh, and one, very potato thing. When I was a kid and teenager, there was a broken down stadium in a heart of Warsaw, built in the 1950s and turned in 1990s and 2000s into one giant bazaar. It was demolished in 2010 iirc and now we have there new stadium build for Euro2012 cup. So, 20-30 years ago you could buy there everything - clothes, pirated cds with games and music, decomissioned military equipment, soviet memorabilia, hell, even old guns and shit if you knew who to ask - and when I entered Dogtown for the first time and saw the interior of the stadium - it was this fucking thing. There are even places there that look exactly the same as they looked in Warsaw counterpart back then and for this I give them all the credit I can. Quality shit. Oh, and one thing - this stadium was the only place in Warsaw where one could find Asians and Blacks in large numbers - they were selling shit from around the world (clothes mostly, but food also) and in mostly Pole dominated city it was something very different.
If you look around the Dogtown stadium marketplace you'll find Kiciński and the other founder of CDP selling good shit there, mostly various braindances, but also items giving you skillpoints :)

Aarwolf

Learned
Yeah, I know, it was a little jarring to hear all of the sudden potatospeak in otherwise english voiced game, but still fun :)

VonMiskov

Educated
Mea Culpa. Didn't have that plot point in my playthrough and even read the wiki about Saburo and it wasn't mentioned at release. Well than I take back my statement about this being weak writing.

MasPingon

Arcane
As an aside, someone had said they thought the "tracing" notification when an enemy netrunner was trying to find you was cosmetic. It isn't. I followed it back to one and hacked him to bits before he got anywhere near finding me. I think sometimes it can look weird because if there are other enemies and cameras, it'll bounce through them making a route to you, just like they can load you up with quick hacks that way. The other thing that can make it confusing is that sometimes the enemy netrunner is on the other side of the friggin' map and it can be hard to figure out where the hell they are, especially since they've likely bounced a route through a bunch of other guys and cameras.

Other than that... CDPR didn't remove nudity from the game, it's just that you have to enable it. If you do, things show up like they did at launch. It's disabled by default, probably to keep parents and ratings boards happier.

I think there was another thing I was going to clarify/correct, but I forgot what it was. Meh. Good enough. :P

How exactly can you find netrunner that is tracing your location? When you are hacked there is an indicator that lead to him, but while he's tracing my location there is no hint. I've read that in previous version of the game there was a perk "I spy", that was highlighting netrunners in orange while scanning. Can't figure it out how does it work now.

mediocrepoet

Patron
How exactly can you find netrunner that is tracing your location? When you are hacked there is an indicator that lead to him, but while he's tracing my location there is no hint. I've read that in previous version of the game there was a perk "I spy", that was highlighting netrunners in orange while scanning. Can't figure it out how does it work now.
You know, that's a good question. I don't know, but you're right. I didn't always have the trace and now I do. I'll post here if I figure out what the trigger is but no idea.

Pretty sure it's not a talent though, so I'm thinking cyberware, maybe one of the eye upgrades?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
(one of Hand's quests after you kill Hansen and V impersonates cuban assassin was fun as hell)
Yeah, even though V and Aguilar are both mercs, Aguilar is officially recognized as a messenger of Havana, which seems to be a large criminal syndicate with as much influence as corp. Because of this when Aguilar arrives to put a gun to someone's head she still gets the red carpet treatment. The perspective changes only a little, but you instantly get the idea what it feels to be someone with international cred.

If you look around the Dogtown stadium marketplace you'll find Kiciński and the other founder of CDP selling good shit there, mostly various braindances, but also items giving you skillpoints :)
Podsiadło - Cyberpunk's main composer - also got a cameo as a corpo villain in one of the PL missions.

Last edited:

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Podsiadło - Cyberpunk's main composer - also got a cameo as a corpo villain in one of the PL missions.
Was he a villain though? After all he was telling you the truth and the 'journalist' you were helping proved to be an industrial spy and a trader of secrets to the highest bidder.

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
It's not a netrunner tracing you, it's a new mechanic that is supposed to make the 1.0 "kill everyone from stealth with quickhacks" playstyle harder.

Upload a tier 2 or higher Sonic Shock before whatever you use to kill enemies though, and that essentially disables the trace.

mediocrepoet

Patron
It's not a netrunner tracing you, it's a new mechanic that is supposed to make the 1.0 "kill everyone from stealth with quickhacks" playstyle harder.

Upload a tier 2 or higher Sonic Shock before whatever you use to kill enemies though, and that essentially disables the trace.
You can actually find the netrunner and see them crouching as they're looking for you through the network at times and we're talking about my character that doesn't even have a deck.

Just go kill a guy and hide out while the body gets found in a reasonably large mission with an enemy netrunner. Chances are they'll start looking for you.

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
we're talking about my character that doesn't even have a deck.
Maybe if you had one, you'd know what you're talking about?

You can try this with two random thugs on a streetcorner: hide, stealth-kill one with a quickhack, the game will immediately start "tracing" you. There's no netrunner, just a junkie holding a club pacing around angrily. Do the same, but use sonic shock first: no trace.

mediocrepoet

Patron
we're talking about my character that doesn't even have a deck.
Maybe if you had one, you'd know what you're talking about?

You can try this with two random thugs on a streetcorner: hide, stealth-kill one with a quickhack, the game will immediately start "tracing" you. There's no netrunner, just a junkie holding a club pacing around angrily. Do the same, but use sonic shock first: no trace.

I was posting earlier about how OP netrunning is and started other characters because it was ridiculous. Then I posted about how my non netrunner character could see the paths the traces were coming from and followed it to go kill them.

Are you caught up now? Maybe try pulling your head out of your ass and reading bits of the thread before you soapbox. :lol:

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Then I posted about how my non netrunner character could see the paths the traces were coming from and followed it to go kill them.
I, and the guy I replied to, were talking about quickhack tracing specifically. Your non-netrunner character never encounters this mechanic.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Then I posted about how my non netrunner character could see the paths the traces were coming from and followed it to go kill them.
I, and the guy I replied to, were talking about quickhack tracing specifically. Your non-netrunner character never encounters this mechanic.

Yes, there's the whatever subnet tracking you or whatever, but when it's actually a runner it gives you the path leading back to them, whether you're a netrunner or not. It's also why there's the netrunner perks to see him through walls and hack him through walls. In practice I found that to be too niche to be worthwhile, but it's there and works.

Also, I find it interesting that you're telling me what the guy who replied to me was posting about when he was asking about my post. I mean, seriously now.

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Yes, there's the whatever subnet tracking you or whatever, but when it's actually a runner it gives you the path leading back to them, whether you're a netrunner or not. It's also why there's the netrunner perks to see him through walls and hack him through walls. In practice I found that to be too niche to be worthwhile, but it's there and works.
When it's a runner, sure. But all quickhacks - with the exception of those that explicitly state otherwise - are inherently traceable now. The game will just make it happen, it's not tied to any particular enemy. You can prevent this by using sonic shock (cheap & good) or memory wipe (32 ram lol) before uploading an attack.

Also, the "hack back the netrunner through walls" perk is definitely there, but it only works like 20% of the time. Same with the Netrunner 60 skill, which is supposed to restore the 1.0 behavior of hacking enemies through walls as long as you can detect them. It's super inconsistent, to the point of being worthless.

Not that it matters much, as once you get Int 20 you can have inifnite RAM & health through infinite Overclock, and you can just stand in the open, hold Tab, and instapop everything you see. It's fun to do the first couple of times.

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Also, I find it interesting that you're telling me what the guy who replied to me was posting about when he was asking about my post. I mean, seriously now.

This is literally the implicit trace mechanic that has nothing to do with netrunners:

but while he's tracing my location there is no hint

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom