Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
But maybe I didn't undrstand something, maybe there is something in this game that left in the areas streamer didn't touch
Sounds like many of the side quests, which has more to offer than the main plot.

Jinn

Arcane
I watched stream with playthrough, which was mostly speedrunning it for 17 hours.

Sounds like the absolute worst way to play through this game. Or any game like this, for that matter .

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
The cyberware system impressed me. Its basically Deus Ex's Augmentations but with some variations to make the mechanics more passive and incremental.
But there's a good selection of active abilities ripped straight from Deus Ex 1 and HR. Which is great and I like that each vendor has different augs. Really it reminds me a lot of Shadowrun so they nailed that aspect. The downside is that this game is clearly not Deus Ex lol. The best way to describe the game is GTA with Deus Ex's Aug system and VtmB's combat. Its a very strange game but I don't hate it. The game world is blatantly the star of the show here the environments are very good at night time. During the day its a bit eh but at Night is just wonderful.

I'm pleased there is a vanity camera but its clunky and hard to use.

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
I'm really not picking up on the GTA vibes people are talking about myself. Pretty much begins and ends at being able to drive cars in an open world.

Still too early to give anything approaching a solid opinion on it yet, but I'm definitely enjoying myself. There's things that I don't like and think are stupid, but there's also things that are surprising and impressing me too.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm really not picking up on the GTA vibes people are talking about myself. Pretty much begins and ends at being able to drive cars in an open world.

Still too early to give anything approaching a solid opinion on it yet, but I'm definitely enjoying myself. There's things that I don't like and think are stupid, but there's also things that are surprising and impressing me too.

I'm like 90 minutes in and looking forward to getting a little more freedom, but I pretty much agree

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Pretty much begins and ends at being able to drive cars in an open world.
have you not tried going on a mad shooting spree yet? that's the dead give away once those wanted stars show up there's your GTA vibes. Plus the mission structure is similar.

Tehdagah

Arcane
We've mentioned before that expansions will be coming, and while we're not ready to talk specifics just yet, we will say that we've learned a lot from out work on both Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. Our planned expansions will take you even deeper into the world of Cyberpunk 2077, offering substantial story-driven content that'll give you tough choices to make through impactful narratives you won't soon forget. But before we get there, we'll be kicking off our free DLC program in early 2021. Just like with The Witcher 3, expect an assortment of free DLC packs to begin hitting Night City, dropping a bunch of cool stuff that’ll inject even more life into the world of the dark future. We hope you're looking forward to them!

Quality content coming further down the line...
The free DLC is probably cut content, but they need to promote their image of wholesome gamer-friendly company.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Switch shadows, reflections, and volumetric qualities to Medium and use RT only on reflections (this is the one with biggest advantage and visual impact)

I get 60fps at max settings no RT, with DLSS on quality, and I'm scared to try ray tracing because I know my fps will plummet but it'll look nice and I'll be pissed about turning it off again. Better to just never see it to begin with.

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
-Looks at the internet complaining about PC graphics and performance-

Heh, wait until the base current console versions release for everyone.

And there was a great whining that went over the land of Egypt. Such as there has never been, or ever will be again.

It almost sounds like they made the game for PC and not for the console plebs.
I'd say there is going to be a few fucked Xboxes and Ps5s if this is ported poorly or for maximum gfx.
Then again, console lovers have all be spooging over 60fps so w/e, maybe not.

Derringer

Prophet
Sounds like Cyberpozz is getting a good impression given its competition, I'm not exactly surprised.

Tehdagah

Arcane
-Looks at the internet complaining about PC graphics and performance-

Heh, wait until the base current console versions release for everyone.

And there was a great whining that went over the land of Egypt. Such as there has never been, or ever will be again.

It almost sounds like they made the game for PC and not for the console plebs.
I'd say there is going to be a few fucked Xboxes and Ps5s if this is ported poorly or for maximum gfx.
Then again, console lovers have all be spooging over 60fps so w/e, maybe not.
The game was made to run on 7 years old consoles, it will easily run on a PS5

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Switch shadows, reflections, and volumetric qualities to Medium and use RT only on reflections (this is the one with biggest advantage and visual impact)

I get 60fps at max settings no RT, with DLSS on quality, and I'm scared to try ray tracing because I know my fps will plummet but it'll look nice and I'll be pissed about turning it off again. Better to just never see it to begin with.

I can't tell which settings are best. I've been switching back and forth between different levels of Ray Tracing, different levels of DLSS, and 2k, 3k, and 4k.

The game defaulted to everything at max, Ray tracing at Ultra, DLSS quality, and 3k, which runs at about 48fps outside, 60fps inside. It seems about right, although, I might sacrifice Ray Tracing levels from ultra to get stable 4K. With ray tracing on ultra, there's so much blurring of ambient colored lighting, that it all just kinds of blends together and you don't really notice it. Like, in other games, when I have ray tracing on I can look at shit in the world and say, "Yep, that's ray tracing." With this game, there's so much of it that it's seamless. That's probably a good thing, artistically speaking, as it's less gimmicky, but it also makes it stand out less.

DLSS makes a massive difference in FPS, but with anything above "balance" you start to notice artifacting on sharp lines like vents and windows, which is kind of annoying.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
what-even.png

So this just happened

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Played for 3 hours, Corpo start is what I dream of <3

C002F0950C1BDF7D697DCDAE2B59E4CF5C807FB1

DFE4E9AF290C3426E18DDB7DC4CD16AFA174BF4B

Got 1 T pose from a random NPC and Jackie entered elevator without opening its door, no problems beside those.
FPS got drop at first crowded street, especially when speeding with car but still 60+

Terra

Cipher
Been playing for forty minutes and I’ve already encountered T poses, floating enemies and delayed animations and sound effects.

This shit is lit!
I've had a guy outside the starting location with 3-4 floating mobiles clipping through his hand, numerous minor NPCs with no lipsync and the trauma team officers flew back along their hovercars path in sitting poses after the car departed. There's lots of minor glitches even before the game really opens up, still fun though and nothing massively disruptive to progress. Hopefully there's another patch coming soon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom