Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
изображение_2022-07-02_012622298.png

:philosoraptor:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Are they still married? Do they live together?
They never lived together. I noticed that she hasn't worn her wedding band in any of her recent photos so maybe that's over too, but who knows? I can't be bothered to pay the money to search to see if any divorce filing has happened at this time.

Barbie

Novice
Avellone's wife

Are they still married? Do they live together?

He did cheat on her with a dozen mental looking women, and they seem to be separated. So probably they are separated or divorced.

I thought all his troubles was before he married her?

They got together around 2011, according to her social media, and were dating until 2015-2016 when they got engaged. Or at least that's when she started to wear an engagement ring. His hoochie mama stuff was from after 2011. Their separation seems to have happened after it all came out, so I would assume it was due to that. She has been attending events with a man who is not Avellone since the autumn.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They got together around 2011, according to her social media
She met him for the first time in 2012. They didn't get together right away.

http://estelletigani.com/game-connect-asia-pacific-2012/

Meeting Robin Hunicke, Chris Avellone and Sheri Graner Ray at the Game Connect Asia Pacific 2012
Later that day, Obsidian creative director Chris Avellone conducted a design masterclass to a large audience. I was completely blown away by the attention to detail the studio had considered when designing games like Fallout: New Vegas. Playing that game when it was first released (2 years ago now), I was just a mere player who did not take into account all the work that I was overlooking. Now, I sat attentively listening to the thought process that went even into the graffiti designs that were placed around the environment, what they insinuated, and how they could send an underlining message to the player. The visual cues to lead the player through the environment was impressive, and I suddenly realised that I also had been a victim to their visual lures and player manipulation (Obsidian, you won). Also, one can only imagine the time and effort that went into designing all the conversation branches and general narrative in that game – including DLC – and Chris stated the importance of managing a large team that was collaborating together to ensure everything was consistent. Right down to the standards and parameters used. All communication meant everyone in the studio had to be on the same page. He recommended Microsoft Sharepoint for team and project management, as well as becoming well-versed in the likes of Xcel, Word and Outlook. For ambitious producers like myself, he pointed to David Allen’s Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress Free Productivity and Gina Trapani’s Upgrade Your Life: The Life Hacker Guide to Working Smarter, Faster, Better.

During lunch I spotted Chris Avellone and seized the opportunity to talk with him. I told him about my ambition to become a producer, and asked for his advice in seeking opportunities in the American industry, knowing full well that Australia’s current climate was so much different, and I probably have tons more to learn. He turned out to be one of the nicest guys I have met. He promised to introduce me to some of the producers as Obsidian, of which he has kept his word (more on that later!)

The rest of the day was spent hanging out with Sheri Graner Ray and Chris Avellone; just sitting and listening to what they had to say, surrounded by a small handful of others who also saw the benefit in skipping the other lectures to spend some time with the two industry greats. Sincere apologies to those lecturers who I had missed!

All the Karissa/Jackie/Jacqui drama happened in 2012-2014.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
Typical California visa marriage, by the looks of it. You'd think her employer would have been willing to sponsor a work visa, though.

Camel

Scholar
Can MCA hire Johnny Depp's lawyers Camille Vasquez and Ben Chew? They‘re probably too expensive. Sad!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Playing through Dead Money now, enjoy the Dog/God character massively. Such rawness in God's speeches; was there any inspos for this character?

Yeah. Hyde from the (comic) League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was a big inspiration, but I couldn't write as well as Mr. Moore.
UCvWE.jpeg

Probably not the best character to praise, very Sawyer of him. :M

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
NecroLord You can always spend the shekels to get in with the cool kidz like a pay2win faggot.

In fact, this should be a tag for anyone bypassing the year wait.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom