Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Chris Avellone grows a pair and fights back against being cancelled

DeepOcean

Arcane
He cant be that big of a cuck because accordly to the "victims", he fucked all of them on multiple occasions after all, more like they all seem to have chad widow syndrome. Maybe his californian brainwash was so intense that he believed he was guilty of adhering to the old standards because he is a white male that needs to be educated on the new standards of subjective rape, he just thought a simple apology for his bad machist male ways would do and things wouldnt go as far as they did.

Sentinel

Arcane
While we were all surprised by how much of a wet noodle he is when faced with confrontation, he never admitted to abuse (rapists don't say "I'm sorry things didn't work out") and as far as I know no proof of it ever came out, so I don't see much issue in being proud of believing in the innocence of someone you care about. People are proud of dumber things.

What we do have however are statements from companies saying they cut ties with him because they take sexual harassment very seriously (which is code for "we side with the crying woman immediately, proof is optional").
He never denied the abuse either, which, when you're being accused of something, is basically an admission of guilt.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
He cant be that big of a cuck because accordly to the "victims", he fucked all of them on multiple occasions after all, more like they all seem to have chad widow syndrome. Maybe his californian brainwash was so intense that he believed he was guilty of adhering to the old standards because he is a white male that needs to be educated on the new standards of subjective rape, he just thought a simple apology for his bad machist male ways would do and things wouldnt go as far as they did.
He had sex with neither of the two women he's suing.

Codex Year of the Donut
He had sex with neither of the two women he's suing.
That's because he's gay, this entire thing is a anti-homosexual hate crime.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Ironically, If he said he was being persecuted because he is gay would have worked better than cucking out.

Quillon

Arcane
And what did it lead us to do? Care about the case because we played games he was involved in, and believe he was innocent because no proof ever came out and he never admitted to it? That's terrible.
The original point was about feeling proud for defending Avellone, like that's an achievement and took any effort lol.

Avellone's behavior didn't indicate he was innocent, he apologized to one of the harpies, submitted to the others like a cuck and begged to be cancelled immediately. Usually when someone isn't guilty they deny accusations immediately. The only reason for submitting immediately like he did is 1) you know they have more dirt on you and you want the case to be over immediately or, as he claims, 2) he was so brainwashed he actually believed that being quiet was "letting other voices be heard". At the time, we had no reason to believe in 2), because no one knew the depths of Avellone's cuck status.

why MCA & Sawya etc got so woke over the years; they think if they become woke enough their past indiscretions won't catch up & cancel them hence Chris' dumbfounded apologies all the while he's thinking "why? I was being such a good boy..."

:P

He never denied the abuse either, which, when you're being accused of something, is basically an admission of guilt.
No? Ignoring an accusation doesn't mean anything. It's better for the court of public opinion if you deny it, but you're free to turn around in silence and go look for a lawyer.

Besides, you just said it yourself:

or, as he claims, 2) he was so brainwashed he actually believed that being quiet was "letting other voices be heard". At the time, we had no reason to believe in 2), because no one knew the depths of Avellone's cuck status.

Is this not true because we had no reason to believe it?

Codex Year of the Donut
While we were all surprised by how much of a wet noodle he is when faced with confrontation, he never admitted to abuse (rapists don't say "I'm sorry things didn't work out") and as far as I know no proof of it ever came out, so I don't see much issue in being proud of believing in the innocence of someone you care about. People are proud of dumber things.

What we do have however are statements from companies saying they cut ties with him because they take sexual harassment very seriously (which is code for "we side with the crying woman immediately, proof is optional").

are you chinese?

Mustawd

19 pages already?

Meh. Most of us are waiting for a real lawyer with credentials to give his opinion on this or actual developments one way or the other. Otherwise, it's just thesentinel sperging about shit no one cares about except some poor fools who continue to engage with him as if his thoughts actually matter.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Never-Trump lolyer woke up and yeah he's obnoxious https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1409245121028280323

I have to wonder at the self-awareness of somebody who says "100 people are saying nasty things about me, I don't know all their names" and doesn't consider the possibility that they actually did something wrong.
Or that talking about it in a Medium post after you've sued may not be the smartest idea when the claims in the post undercut the claims in the lawsuit

could have merit though I assume/hope Chris cleared the post with his lawyers first. Lolyer's certainly not coming across as much of a thinker if he really thinks "100 people repeat one person's claim that you did something wrong, ergo you did something wrong" is an argument.

This guy is a bit more worrisome:

The thing about this whole Chris Avellone defamation nonsense is he probably has a vaguely cognizable claim that a good lawyer could have gotten past a motion to dismiss. Just... Not the way he pled it, and not in California. Just self inflicted wound here

And then to run around claiming that you sued your accusers because you want them to talk more, you're not trying to silence them? Not only does nobody buy that, buddy, but you just torpedoed your credibility generally.

This is like if the "crack suicide squadron" scene at the end of Life of Brian became a lawsuit.
Father of 5. Commercial Litigator. Twitter's second most popular litigation disaster tour guide. "Far-centrist" fighting the widening gyre.

Oy vey! Though I guess it should be noted that he's one of the Kusk clowns alongside that other guy.

Sentinel

Arcane
No? Ignoring an accusation doesn't mean anything.
He didn't ignore it, he apologized to one and then chose to retreat and asked to be cancelled. He didn't go silent to "seek a lawyer", that only came months after and he was convinced by others to do it, it wasn't his immediate choice.

If you accuse me, in the middle of the street, of robbing your store and beating up your employee, and, after looking at your bloodied employee, I remorsefully apologize to her and ask to be taken to jail, everyone watching the confrontation on the street will see it as an admission of guilt, even though I never addressed your accusations of robbery.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Posted too soon, there's a bit more:

https://twitter.com/AkivaMCohen/status/1409283790074265602

Cohen said:
Streisand EFFECT! Chris Avellone, who I have never heard of before today, is a sex pest who is suing his victims! And that secret is now;
He also has a massive, massive malpractice claim against his idiot attorneys.

It was.... not good of them to give away Avellone being limited purpose public figure. At least they should have made them work for it. A little.

Cohen said:
How does an attorney defend against a malpractice claim in this kind of situation? Keep lots of records on what the client wanted and their cautions against it? Or just not take this client in the first place, which might mean burning a bridge?
I don't think there IS any defense here. The client is going to get straight up brutalized by California's Anti-SLAPP statute and they had no need to file in California. Basic competence would have saved their client 6-7 figures.

Cohen said:
So they basically need an email from the client saying "damn the torpedoes, I insist you file in California".
Yep

I sure hope Chris and his attorneys know what they're doing (going to shout "sabotage" if he gets antiSLAPPed) :M

Absinthe

Arcane
I don't see why that guy is more worrisome, Roguey. Chris Avellone is almost certainly going to get his suit past an anti-SLAPP motion, so that lawyer's doubts are going nowhere. He also basically seems to be implying that a defamation suit is inherently a SLAPP suit (by taking the presence of the lawsuit as evidence of an attempt at silencing to juxtapose against Chris Avellone's claims of not trying to silence them) which is as amusing as it is idiotic.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I don't see why that guy is more worrisome, Roguey. Chris Avellone is almost certainly going to get his suit past an anti-SLAPP motion, so that lawyer's doubts are going nowhere. He also basically seems to be implying that a defamation suit is inherently a SLAPP suit (by taking the presence of the lawsuit as evidence of an attempt at silencing to juxtapose against Chris Avellone's claims of not trying to silence them) which is as amusing as it is idiotic.

It's a tongue-in-cheek joke about his name/ethnicity given his choice of profession. :P

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Posted too soon, there's a bit more:

https://twitter.com/AkivaMCohen/status/1409283790074265602

Cohen said:
Streisand EFFECT! Chris Avellone, who I have never heard of before today, is a sex pest who is suing his victims! And that secret is now;
He also has a massive, massive malpractice claim against his idiot attorneys.

It was.... not good of them to give away Avellone being limited purpose public figure. At least they should have made them work for it. A little.

Cohen said:
How does an attorney defend against a malpractice claim in this kind of situation? Keep lots of records on what the client wanted and their cautions against it? Or just not take this client in the first place, which might mean burning a bridge?
I don't think there IS any defense here. The client is going to get straight up brutalized by California's Anti-SLAPP statute and they had no need to file in California. Basic competence would have saved their client 6-7 figures.

Cohen said:
So they basically need an email from the client saying "damn the torpedoes, I insist you file in California".
Yep

I sure hope Chris and his attorneys know what they're doing (going to shout "sabotage" if he gets antiSLAPPed) :M

I've never had a twitter account and I'm glad for that.

Holy fuck, that's insanity. It's literally modern day witch-hunt.

A guy posts "sex pest is suing women he abused" with no fucking background on it and people just jump on the bandwagon.

We're in a pos-apoc setting, we just haven't realized it yet.

He didn't ignore it, he apologized to one and then chose to retreat and asked to be cancelled. He didn't go silent to "seek a lawyer", that only came months after and he was convinced by others to do it, it wasn't his immediate choice. If you accuse me, in the middle of the street, of robbing your store and beating up your employee, and, after looking at your bloodied employee, I remorsefully apologize to her and ask to be taken to jail, everyone watching the confrontation on the street will see it as an admission of guilt, even though I never addressed your accusations of robbery.

He did. The apology was for some vague thing about their relationship not working out. The robbing scenario is different because you wouldn't be able to just ignore the wounded victim on the ground while you address that time you and the store owner went on a bad date night.

Thus far, the only MCA crimes we have evidence for are:

A) Acting alpha while being beta (this triggers a primal rage in the female lizard brain; worse than being a serial killer)

IMG_9347.jpg

B) Being stupid and not taking the accusations seriously (like that overdramatic "Nay, I deserve to be canceled! Leave me!" tweet when someone came to say they were concerned about him) until the industry starts cutting ties with "the rapist" and he realizes this is serious and he needs a lawyer.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
btw. didn't Jackie also supported Karissa during the accusations, posting some texts? I find it a bit strange that MCA didn't include her too, even not naming her/making her "then girlfriend" in the filing. Maybe Chris convinced Jackie to support his case? That'd be the ultimate 4D chess move :D

ed:
‘Falsehood’ is not a word I use lightly. There are receipts, evidence, and testimony from even Karissa and Kelly’s own “witnesses” that directly contradict all of their stories — and contradict the stories of others who jumped on the bandwagon.

Last edited:

Latro

Arcane
Never-Trump lolyer woke up and yeah he's obnoxious https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1409245121028280323

I have to wonder at the self-awareness of somebody who says "100 people are saying nasty things about me, I don't know all their names" and doesn't consider the possibility that they actually did something wrong.
Or that talking about it in a Medium post after you've sued may not be the smartest idea when the claims in the post undercut the claims in the lawsuit

could have merit though I assume/hope Chris cleared the post with his lawyers first. Lolyer's certainly not coming across as much of a thinker if he really thinks "100 people repeat one person's claim that you did something wrong, ergo you did something wrong" is an argument.

This guy is a bit more worrisome:

The thing about this whole Chris Avellone defamation nonsense is he probably has a vaguely cognizable claim that a good lawyer could have gotten past a motion to dismiss. Just... Not the way he pled it, and not in California. Just self inflicted wound here

And then to run around claiming that you sued your accusers because you want them to talk more, you're not trying to silence them? Not only does nobody buy that, buddy, but you just torpedoed your credibility generally.

This is like if the "crack suicide squadron" scene at the end of Life of Brian became a lawsuit.
Father of 5. Commercial Litigator. Twitter's second most popular litigation disaster tour guide. "Far-centrist" fighting the widening gyre.

Oy vey! Though I guess it should be noted that he's one of the Kusk clowns alongside that other guy.

why do twitter lawyers feel inclined to comment on random things they have nothing to do with

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
We should make a codex fundraiser to bet real $ against those twitter lawyers to check if they're so confident with their takes.

Tbh, I hope Chris's lawyers know what they do. If Karissa ends up making money with all this, I'll be properly disgusted.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
btw. didn't Jackie also supported Karissa during the accusations, posting some texts? I find it a bit strange that MCA didn't include her too, even not naming her/making her "then girlfriend" in the filing. Maybe Chris convinced Jackie to support his case? That'd be the ultimate 4D chess move :D

Can't go after Jackie for libel because she only posted the truth (that he sent her a cringe text and apologized for it as soon as he realized it was unwanted). It seems his belief is that she only did that because of what Karissa and her friend said, and by proving those are lies, the text was just a one-off mistake, not proof that he's some sort of serial harasser.

Meanwhile
https://twitter.com/RichSeviora/status/1409258956162170882
The weird thing is that Neville Johnson seems to be well versed with defamation law based on his bio. Maybe some associate wrote it and he didn’t do much more than glance at it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom