Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Chris Avellone grows a pair and fights back against being cancelled

Eli_Havelock

Learned
I don't know if people are just joking about you being Chinese or not. Maybe you are and you think a legal or justice system where the accused can be steamrolled like that is the way things work, but there is a reason the American legal system doesn't work that way.

Who knows? That hasn't been a standard in the US for quite some time due to the "American rule" unless there are special circumstances, usually beforehand in contract. So basically all of TheSentinel 's info is full of shit, from MCA's actions, to his career being over in 2012, why people supported or defend him, to presumption of guilt in court of public opinion because not defending yourself in an actual court is somehow admitting guilt (?), basically everything.

Your veiny, throbbing hateboner for MCA

FTFY.
I don't think sentinel really hates MCA himself (just doesn't care much), but if you refer to his fans as "MCA cocksuckers" you clearly don't like them. :M

The problem is that he thinks MCA acted in a way that if you didn't believe he was guilty, it's because you either hate the accuser or want some tasty MCA cock to suck. I say it's possible to think that MCA acted retarded but still believe he didn't do it, because lolnoevidence and lolnoconfession.

Maybe it's true that if, say, an Ubisoft executive acted the same way I would think he's guilty, but that would just be me not caring enough to pay attention and notice that lolnoevidence and lolnoconfession.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Your veiny, throbbing hateboner for MCA

FTFY.
I don't think sentinel hates MCA himself, but if you refer to his fans as "MCA cocksuckers" you clearly don't like them. :M

If someone has to act retarded about how writing gigs work to basically say MCA's career ended in 2012 when there's is tons of evidence otherwise, yeah, it's more than a little obvious.

The problem is that he thinks MCA acted in a way that if you didn't believe he was guilty, it's because you either hate the accuser or want some tasty MCA cock to suck. I say it's possible to think that MCA acted retarded but still believe he didn't do it, because lolnoevidence and lolnoconfession.

Maybe it's true that if, say, an Ubisoft executive acted the same way I would think he's guilty, but that would just be me not caring enough to pay attention and notice that lolnoevidence and lolnoconfession.

Speaking of Ubisoft exec, my apologies for being late with the edit about THAT:

Edit: TheSentinel 's agenda was made clear when DeepOcean said that they would support even those they don't like, but no, it was TRIBALIZM, POLITICAL, CULT OF PERSONALITY!

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You know what would be a true Shyamalan twist. If Karissa and Avellone gets back together.

Through the Suing for Love - A Netflix Original.

DeepOcean

Arcane
[
The problem is that he thinks MCA acted in a way that if you didn't believe he was guilty, it's because you either hate the accuser or want some tasty MCA cock to suck.
He is also ignoring the strong evidence in contrary that is a long history of false accusations on twitter to build his case of "muh tribalism". So, after a long series of cases, of no evidence shown on court, strange allegations that always take years to be mentioned, people with conflicting testimonies, allegations out of control being only mentioned on social media with alot of people being fired with careers destroyed and no accountability of what the actual fuck happened, assuming it is Avellone cocksucking when you are just doing innocent until proven, when this case is cleary evolving to be yet another case like that, is being really tribalist in favor of the woman.

Last edited:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
These woman accused him of heinous crimes of sexual harassment, assault, amongst other shit... but never took him to court. That tells me he is likely innocent. If they were telling the turth they would gladly go and win in court. Afterall, the 'public' believed them. LMAO

Whimper

Educated
These woman accused him of heinous crimes of sexual harassment, assault, amongst other shit... but never took him to court. That tells me he is likely innocent. If they were telling the turth they would gladly go and win in court. Afterall, the 'public' believed them. LMAO
I don't believe someone not going to the authorities means they cannot have been offended against anymore than silence is consent. If only guilt and lack of guilt were so simple to show.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
To be honest reading any of Karissa's responses makes it obvious she's lying, e.g. as we can read in the 94-page complaint:

"He's fucking disgusting, but he did not rape me," she said. "He assaulted me, 100 percent, but I stopped him."

So yeah, a 50 kg woman could stop a 100 kg man, right. What she means by that is that once she clarified that talking to him on twitter how badly she wants his dick and later hugging him publicly and going with him to her hotel room were just false signals and he stopped.
On a side note, I find the "100 percent" bit extremely funny, something a liar would say.

And on a different note I find it disgusting and pathetic when companies such as Techland or Gato Salvaje say:
Techland said:
This is why, together with Chris Avellone, we've decided to end our cooperation
"Chris will not be included in the credits for The Waylanders by his own request.

Together with Techland and Gato Salvaje we've concluded that Techland and Gato Salvaje are pathetic firms worthy of only spitting on it. By their own request people shouldn't buy their products.

Resetera degenerate said:
Statistically, only something like 3% of abuse claims are made up.
So while a single accusation might conceivably be false (even though it's very unlikely), it's almost impossible (or incredibly unlikely) for multiple accusations made by unrelated victims to be false.
Hence, believe the victims.
The degenerates roaming Resetera are complete morons. Everybody deserves the presumption of innocence, but their hatred for "WHITE MALE SCUM" and "MUH EVUL PATRIARCHY" seriously clouds their judgement.

Also, this "statistic of abuse claims" is probably completely made up nonsense. Never trust a single statistic that you didn't falsify yourself - especially if a leftoid is claiming it is true.

Last edited:

SmoothPimp

Educated
In light of the sentencing of Chauvin (22 years for involuntary manslaughter as I see it), I have serious doubts about the success of the lawsuit. If the defendants receive a wide public coverage, the judge can give a slack. And there will be widespread public support - the success of the lawsuit against hundreds of media outlets will set a precedent that the media will not be able to write something without legal consequences if they do not have concrete evidence. What is the penalty for libel/slander in California? Quick googling showed up to one year in prison and / or a fine. If libel is proven, should it be refuted in the same way as it was spread?

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Also, this "statistic of abuse claims" is probably completely made up nonsense. Never trust a single statistic that you didn't falsify yourself - especially if a leftoid is claiming it is true.
It is complete bullshit. The estimates of false claims range from 1% to 50% of all abuse claims, and basically no one knows the real number.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
The original point was about feeling proud for defending Avellone, like that's an achievement and took any effort lol.

Avellone's behavior didn't indicate he was innocent, he apologized to one of the harpies, submitted to the others like a cuck and begged to be cancelled immediately. Usually when someone isn't guilty they deny accusations immediately.

An Apology is not an admition of guilt in the least.

People are prone to apologize in the heat of the moment when their peer group accuses them of something. Also in our current times we have a significant amount of people who train others into an admission of guilt based on a class they are born into.
Even in the most dire circumstances people want to apologize because they do not *want* to be in the situation to defend themselves you talk about natural tribalism, in the heat of the moment they may think that there is something they did wrong, something they failed to see even if there was not. You do know about tribalism, but understanding group pressure that seems to elude you fully.
It actually doesn't it's just part of your group-think, where everything is an admission of guilt an apology is, feeling bad is, defending yourself is, claiming that the statements are untrue is. You know that this is the case.

Thonius

Arcane
You're completely proving my point. "I wouldn't support a guy that made shit games" (ubisoft) and "We supported that guy accused by zoe quinn" (political reasons). Exactly, I know that. That's exactly what I said. 95% of people here support Avellone out of reflex, either for political reasons or for a cult of personality. It's nothing to be ashamed of, just don't pretend it's an achievement, lol.
And you are just proving your lacking of reading comprehension, it isnt hard to come to the shocking conclusion that a site that likes RPGs care more about people who make RPGs than some random dude we dont know about, what you expect? Lets go talk about the case of Mr. Ubisoft middle manager we never heard about and was too busy making microtransactions to Ass Creed? If MRY, BlackThorne, Pike and all other developer dudes we actually care about suffered the same fate we would be pissed but on your world, caring about someone you actually give a shit is cult of personality.

And, duh, Mr. Obvious, political ideology that says demanding proof of claimed crimes is equal to be a white male supremacist nazi killer of puppies and openly defend trial by mob actually is known of doing: trail by mob and being full of bs crime claims, sure, you totally should trust any stranger that says you are a nazi because you dont believe on their claims, if you dont, you are a nazi out for the blood of the poor SJWs.
You don't care about MCA because you like RPGs, you care about MCA because you like him and he posted here, so he's part of your "tribe" and you must defend him no matter what, which is why you also pointed out other RPG-devs that post here. He retired nearly 10 years ago. He has nothing to do with RPGs anymore.
but on your world, caring about someone you actually give a shit is cult of personality.
No, immediately believing someone you care about without even questioning anything is a cult of personality.

You're completely proving my point. "I wouldn't support a guy that made shit games" (ubisoft) and "We supported that guy accused by zoe quinn" (political reasons). Exactly, I know that. That's exactly what I said. 95% of people here support Avellone out of reflex, either for political reasons or for a cult of personality. It's nothing to be ashamed of, just don't pretend it's an achievement, lol.

It is something to be ashamed of, but go right ahead and tell yourself that it isn't. If you believe that justice should only come to those you like (or are in your tribe), you are an Animal.

In fact it is the other why around, because your instinct, of course does that, you need to take a step back and give the benefit of the doubt, otherwise we can just go start hanging people again randomly.

EDIT: and don't get me wrong, thats goes for everyone who believes that.
Ashamed is a heavy word. You shouldn't feel ashamed, but you should reevaluate your thought process because tribalism makes you look like a retard.
Spoken like a true tribal of an opposing tribe. Ogaa booga mothefucka.

In light of the sentencing of Chauvin (22 years for involuntary manslaughter as I see it)
Off topic, but Chauvin didn't feed Fentanyl Floyd enough drugs to overdose him, Chauvin wasn't responsible for Fentanyl Floyd's serious health issues, and Chauvin also isn't responsible for the 'boon chimpout on the scene, that prevented a medical team from treating Fentanyl Floyd's overdose for 10 to 15 minutes.

Chauvin is a political victim and was convicted simply to prevent the African-"Aryan" race, that leftoids worship, from burning America down to the ground. The left also had to justify the major race riots in 2020.

Last edited:

koyota

Cipher
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
The degenerates roaming Resetera are complete morons. Everybody deserves the presumption of innocence, but their hatred for "WHITE MALE SCUM" and "MUH EVUL PATRIARCHY" seriously clouds their judgement.

Got to love the guy who threw himself in front of mortars posting that David Cernat video. You were a brave silly lad.

They probably took it from one of the stats here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_accusation_of_rape

Problem is this is false malicious reports to police.

The burden to entry is so much higher than twitter gossip mobs, making insinuations without direct accusations, where what you are accusing a person of isn`t even a crime.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Remembering how he acted when the entire thing first blew up, this does seem pretty strange. Got a feeling he might not exactly be the main driving force behind it, possibly goaded by someone smelling money in it or something.

Bottom line is: that woman is obviously full of shit and social media death cult is 100% evil so anyone trying to hurt them even a little gets my best wishes.

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
So while a single accusation might conceivably be false (even though it's very unlikely), it's almost impossible (or incredibly unlikely) for multiple accusations made by unrelated victims to be false.

Also the guy doesn't get conditional probablities. We are not in a random independent setting.
TBH, he probably doesn't get much anyway.

Last edited:

A horse of course

I didn't bother checking the poast you're referring to, but in my experience it's a typical made-up number like the "1 in 4/3/2/1 women are raped!" statistic. It's usually based on the number of cases in which a rape accusation has been made, AND the woman is exposed as a liar, AND legal action is SUCCESSFULLY taken against the accuser. In reality, false rape accusations usually result in the case simply being dropped and no criminal action taken against the accuser. On top of this, there are multiple, formal, on-the-record statements made by attorney generals unambiguously stating that they never prosecute false rape accusations so as not to "discourage real cases". Another common tactic is to combine this number with another fake statistic, like putting this number next to reported rapes (regardless of whether they were successfully prosecuted, dropped, or whatever) or even informal telephone surveys of women.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Remembering how he acted when the entire thing first blew up, this does seem pretty strange. Got a feeling he might not exactly be the main driving force behind it, possibly goaded by someone smelling money in it or something.
hulk hogan 2.0 ?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Statistically, only something like 3% of abuse claims are made up."

Statistically, 99% of that stat is likely to be bullshitz.

Seriously, there is absolutely no evidence that is even close to being true. LMFAO

Where did you and the other 45% of people who spout that 76% bullshit stat from? 77% from ass, 17% from your anus, and 28% from your pee pee?

Like, FUKK OFF with that clear 84% bullshit.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
It's probably a true statistic in a made-up world where two adult people flirting is rape.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom