Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Chris Avellone Sugarbombed Interview, Part Two

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I did a post about companion design based on this learning experience a while back on the Obsidian forums, but I don't know if it's still up there (Obsidian locked me out of my profile after my departure, and they've refused to delete my account).
That is some cold shit. Obshitians are truly morally bankrupt to lock Avellone out of his fucking forum account. What's wrong with them..? Assholes.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I did a post about companion design based on this learning experience a while back on the Obsidian forums, but I don't know if it's still up there (Obsidian locked me out of my profile after my departure, and they've refused to delete my account).
That is some cold shit. Obshitians are truly morally bankrupt to lock Avellone out of his fucking forum account. What's wrong with them..? Assholes.
Maybe they had to lock his account because of his constant harassment via PMs.

Aenra

I got older. I still think Pink Floyd is shit.

Depends on what you mean by older. Even more on how you grew up (influences, culture, "generational gaps" if any [for example you were born in the east EU, watching 70s films in the nineties] and so on).

And also on what you mean by 'Pink Floyd'. Wish You Were Here the album and Ummagumma are two very different "kinds" of Pink Floyd.

Anyway, it's not shit. Just takes a state of mind. A very important one too; something tells me you've yet to make the connection, or you wouldn't be calling them thus. You'd just have said you don't like them :)

Urthor

Liturgist
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Considering the number of times I've cleaned out employees desks for them, not too surprised they'd pull a move like that. Probably just a kneejerk reaction from an obviously disgruntled employee.

Do we know if he left voluntarily or was fired at this point?

Aenra

That's why you need to leave and never return. You don't belong here with that mindset.

We agree on the latter.
As to the former, who says i need be a carbon copy of everyone else so as to post here? We ever become like TSA, ok, remind me again. Will tell you i should have listened :)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

He quit.

Though other Obsidian employees get their Developer tag replaced with "Obsidian VIP" and are able to post normally after doing so. Apparently Chris is too much of a loose cannon to be trusted.

He quit.

Though other Obsidian employees get their Developer tag replaced with "Obsidian VIP" and are able to post normally after doing so. Apparently Chris is too much of a loose cannon to be trusted.

Maybe he sold his company shares to the "wrong" person or company, which made Obsidian pissed?

Fry

Arcane
Maybe he sold his company shares to the "wrong" person or company, which made Obsidian pissed?

It's pretty common to place restrictions on sales of private shares. Even if he wanted to, he likely couldn't sell anything without approval of the other owners.

It's pretty common to place restrictions on sales of private shares. Even if he wanted to, he likely couldn't sell anything without approval of the other owners.

Feargus is not well known for demanding things to be written on paper as was seen in Kotor II case :)

DeepOcean

Arcane
Pity Avellone can't be counted to write for a decent game, even if he becomes lead writer for Bethesda's franchises, by the time Fallout 5 comes out it will be so dumb down that npcs will talk with smileys.

Maybe Avellone can win some writer awards for inventing a new minimalistic smiley lenguage.

Last edited:

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I never played fallout 4 because I didn't like what they did with the skills system, but if Tyranny is the 'quality' that is coming out of Obsidian now then they are just as bad as Bethedsda.
The state of play is a choice between games that are so dumbed down and hand holding with awsum buttons everywhere, or play the cool-down, wounds, 1000 shit consumables, limited resting, and most banal combat experiences. Tough choice...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom