Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Chris Avellone wins settlement after lawsuit over sexual assault accusations

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
anyhow happy that avellone got name largely cleaned, not sure if he will manage to recover his career, but hopefully in the future the way the companies will operate is put the accused on probation until legal deliberation rather than full black listing realize we are living under a totalitarian gynocracy and tell emotional lying cunts to fuck off directly or face the same charges as the accused should they be found innocent.

Fixed that for ya...

EvilWolf

Learned
anyhow happy that avellone got name largely cleaned, not sure if he will manage to recover his career, but hopefully in the future the way the companies will operate is put the accused on probation until legal deliberation rather than full black listing realize we are living under a totalitarian gynocracy and tell emotional lying cunts to fuck off directly or face the same charges as the accused should they be found innocent.

Fixed that for ya...
If I'm not mistaken you could always counter-sue for defamation.

Camel

Scholar

Fixed that for ya...
If I'm not mistaken you could always counter-sue for defamation.
The UK has a decent and exceptionally rare legal penalty “perverting the course of justice” for making false rape accusations.

Last edited:

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Forest Dweller ancient email:
wkwPvYv.png

When Infinitron asked Avellone about it during the May of Rage, he said it was a question for Chris Parker and I'm sure his management style caused all sorts of problems that made Brian want to leave, but a game story not having enough reactivity is a 100% Avellonian complaint. I can't imagine Chris "I get almost got to make Skryim" Parker or Feargus really giving that much of a damn about an RPG not being reactive enough.
Not sure why you're tagging me for this.

You rated his earlier post about Mitsoda "Citation needed".
Not sure why you're replying to me.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Get the fuck out with this shit. CA's "career" was already going in the dumpster before all this. I won't go over the incel shit about attacking women and presenting men as victims or whatever, CA is tamed as shit now and obviously won't write anything worthwhile anymore. You need to draw on obscure forces to be creative and it won't happen when you're fucking defending your "rights" in court, or presenting your past glories in magazines. It's all ruins now. The man should step far away from public view if he wants to write something ever again. Obviously he has to be feeling a shitton of frustration with this situation, even if I believe him when he cares about women's issues. How to express that frustration properly will have to be a big deal, otherwise he will just inhibit it and become a good boy and well, that's a big fucking whatever.

user

Savant
So Christ Avellone was exonerated - great news, but it's naive to think justice has been served. Not while those who fired him and the press that libeled him remain unscathed. But that will probably never happen. Bring on the lists though.

Edit: Oh also false accusations hurt real victims. This is the most important and damaging aspect of this whole charade! Never forget this.

Last edited:

user

Savant
It's undeniably the most nazi friendy forum in the gaming sphere tbh
I don't think it is fair to say that Resetera is the most nazi-friendly forum tbh.
While the codex is nowhere close to it in that regard, some people here have pretty extreme opinions too, but at least you can like speak against them and all that jazz.

Edited for clarity

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
Codex is not "nazi-friendly", it is "anything-tolerant" because it has almost nonexistant moderation. That has good and bad sides to it. But considering every other forum on the net is heavily moderated, codex is refreshing, even if it brings higher amount of eyerolling as a result.

user

Savant
Codex is not "nazi-friendly", it is "anything-tolerant" because it has almost nonexistant moderation. That has good and bad sides to it. But considering every other forum on the net is heavily moderated, codex is refreshing, even if it brings higher amount of eyerolling as a result.

Sorry, did you just call the moderators... how do you call it... "cucks", in their face?!

Tao

Savant
Good for him but a settle is pretty much meh for all the damage their kind did/does. it's not a detriment for future behaviour precisely.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

omg. OMFG! wtf!

Taylor Epperly? :hahano: omg bahaha okay. OKAY! I "heard" that while visiting UbiSoft Toronto she decided to bike to the Toronto office off Wallace Avenue from where she was staying when she came to the city after visiting Montreal and got her bicycle tires stuck in the tracks on the west side of the building. She seems the type of person who would blame the Italian Immigrants who laid down the tracks for not making them larger so her bicycle would not get stuck when she visited in 2019. :? I have no way to confirm this rumour.

Big FU to to John Epler and Patrick Weekes. These who couldn't write themselves out of a corner of an open paper bag.

Thanks,
Sherry

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom