Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Chris Avellone wins settlement after lawsuit over sexual assault accusations

orcinator

Liturgist
Wow, it's like the George Floyd trial for grogs!

Anyways, my dad works at Mobile Games and he said that Dark Avellone is going to be working on the upcoming chinese mobage Punishing Grey Raven 2.

17vxpu.png

almondblight

Arcane
Codex is not "nazi-friendly", it is "anything-tolerant" because it has almost nonexistant moderation. That has good and bad sides to it. But considering every other forum on the net is heavily moderated, codex is refreshing, even if it brings higher amount of eyerolling as a result.

I actually seem to recall one of the biggest moderation pushes was against Nazis. Didn't DU have some thread titled "Listen you Nazi fucks" or something when he took over from VD, saying that this was a lightly moderated gaming forum but that he was happy to do a widespread purge if people stepped too far out of line?

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
u3kqTuZ.png

Retardera still wants Avellone to be cancelled even after his vindication and hates this forum. :lol:
:positive:
Nothing Chris said was a lie though. Its public knowledge that Obsidian is a mis-managed hell hole. It says more about Chris' transparency than it does people's willingness to overlook ethical issues because "They Made Fallout New Vegas My Favourite GAEM!".
Its not even just Codex he's said it on, he's said it in interviews as well. Chris is very approachable on this subject.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Good for him but a settle is pretty much meh for all the damage their kind did/does. it's not a detriment for future behaviour precisely.

So you think he should've paid more to lawyers to keep it going until the end, at which point, he's out more money and time, whichever way it goes and won't see a dime more and the people who don't care now wouldn't care then? Blah blah structural sexism blah blah misogynistic legal practices, etc.

That's like saying instead of taking an out for as much of an upside as he could get, he should've stuck it out to lose more or lose a lot more.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Good for him but a settle is pretty much meh for all the damage their kind did/does. it's not a detriment for future behaviour precisely.

So you think he should've paid more to lawyers to keep it going until the end, at which point, he's out more money and time, whichever way it goes and won't see a dime more and the people who don't care now wouldn't care then? Blah blah structural sexism blah blah misogynistic legal practices, etc.

That's like saying instead of taking an out for as much of an upside as he could get, he should've stuck it out to lose more or lose a lot more.

He will also be taking a monthly stipend from both of these women for the rest of their lives.

I'd say it's actually a pretty good deterrent. Spread lies and you will be pulled through the courts for years and have any income garnished for the rest of your days.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Seven figure sum can mean a lot of things. On the low end can mean a few years of work. On the high end, they pay until the month they die.
That can be pretty scary.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Seven figure sum can mean a lot of things. On the low end can mean a few years of work. On the high end, they pay until the month they die.
It's 500K at least per person, very few ordinary jobs (let alone shitty writing jobs) pay enough to leave you with enough disposable income to reimburse that in a few years, given that you have other thing to pay for, too, like food and shelter.

Last edited:

Longes

Augur
Get the fuck out with this shit. CA's "career" was already going in the dumpster before all this. I won't go over the incel shit about attacking women and presenting men as victims or whatever, CA is tamed as shit now and obviously won't write anything worthwhile anymore. You need to draw on obscure forces to be creative and it won't happen when you're fucking defending your "rights" in court, or presenting your past glories in magazines. It's all ruins now. The man should step far away from public view if he wants to write something ever again. Obviously he has to be feeling a shitton of frustration with this situation, even if I believe him when he cares about women's issues. How to express that frustration properly will have to be a big deal, otherwise he will just inhibit it and become a good boy and well, that's a big fucking whatever.
"draw on obscure forces"
I nominate Mr. Serious_Business for the "Most likely codex user to buy Liver King's supplements 2023" award

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's 500K at least per person, very few ordinary jobs (let alone shitty writing jobs) pay enough to leave you with enough disposable income to reimburse that in a few years, given that you have other thing to pay for, too, like food and shelter.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when the lawyers were actually drafting the terms of the financial settlement.

I guess we'll never get the exact details of what was agreed upon there due to confidentiality clauses.

No idea how it works in the US, but in the UK you can't actually escape civil judgements/settlements via bankruptcy. You at most can agree "reasonable" instalments.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

He will also be taking a monthly stipend from both of these women for the rest of their lives.

I'd say it's actually a pretty good deterrent. Spread lies and you will be pulled through the courts for years and have any income garnished for the rest of your days.

It's interesting.. In commiefornia he was kicked out of the court and forced to pay made-up-fees for a pro-bono kiwi attorney.

But once these cases got lift-and-shifted out to other states in normal-world.. those pro-bono lawyers evaporated and things immediately went to mediation outside of court.. It's almost like....... on it's merits.. there's only one place in the world they could of won this..

:hmmm:

Frankly having a quick end to this and them being forced to make a statement like that + paying out undisclosed amounts is a win.

u3kqTuZ.png

Retardera still wants Avellone to be cancelled even after his vindication and hates this forum. :lol:
:positive:

How soon we forget Sawyers "pro-rape" quest line in New Vegas..
It would be a shame if a burner account was to show up in that thread and remind everyone.

Mortmal

Arcane
It's more scary for mca, blacklisted for life after that, when in fact he'sa very inclusive writer completely in line with today dominant agenda. Not sure he's even going to write for a game company after his name got clean.

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
Chris should also go after the "game industry journalists" who spread the shit around unless they delete those articles and issue a public apology to him. Letting them walk scott free is a mistake.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Chris should also go after the "game industry journalists" who spread the shit around unless they delete those articles and issue a public apology to him. Letting them walk scott free is a mistake.
force game industry that outed him into hiring him next?

Sentinel

Arcane
I love how this forum cares so much about someone they don't even know personally and won't dare touch them in real life(and in the codex) even with a wooden stick.
MCA cares deeply about me. I know it, he came to me in a dream and told me personally.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom