Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

OctavianRomulus

Learned

kreight

That is actually a different mod made by a splinter team. Sometimes it's hard to tell them apart. They have completely different stories although they seem to share assets.

Apparently they had some sort of "Schism" a couple of years ago.

When asked about the difficulty level this is the response. They seem to be quite active on social media.

kL7PWsT.png

kreight

What was their budget? And they managed to create a game which became a cult and set a standard some games can't beat even today.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
Eod5AuKR6b2rs6Ew06TSnL8IZLytjlQVVuS-oxWVoJBfqq4y_YTpOP8XC-xV7YlBqf3l9b4QmVJBMg=s640-nd

Almost heereeeee

95% of recordings is complete! Mastering begins. Not more than a few months away now. And the mod will be available on GOG, as well as Steam.

Jinn

Arcane
I cannot fucking wait. This is going to be such a drink of cold water in this terrible Piranha Bytes drought we've been in. Hopefully History of Khorinis and ELEX 2 aren't too far behind!

Rarre

Educated
There will be changes in combat system? Or only more world, lore, etc etc

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
No shields, no fundamental changes. Game will be rebalanced though. Some NPCs will use polearms, but those will be unavailable to the player.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
No shields? Damn it, recently I played Gothic 1-2 and the absence of shields in the hands of local populace bothered me a lot (especially considering that shields are known type of weaponry and fire mage monastery does have an artifact shield, but sadly only as decoration). Also I was annoyed by absence of staves as weaponry (normal staves, not some weird shitty "pikes"). After finishing Gothic games, I decided to do a Risen 1 and while overall game felt a bit worse than Gothic games - staves and shields was welcomed addition.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
In apparent preparation for release the team would like to know which platform you will use to download as they are concerned their own server won't hold up. Link

OctavianRomulus

Learned
More Gothic is coming soon...Is this too good to be true?

I just really REALLY hope it's not some cutscene simulator with some pretentious story. What really made Gothic a good game was its gameplay and small world.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Finished gothic 1 and 2 not long ago. Hopefully this can satisfy the urge for more.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAĆĆĆĆĆĆĆĆĆĆĆĆĆĆĆĆĆĆĆ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ONEONEONEOENNE11

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom