Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I think it works better in certain type of text, but sadly literature and dialogues aren't one of them, but fuck it as long as i can play another gothic i dont mind shitty translation
Atmosphere DOES suffer for it, but then again competent translators are expensive and most people aren't willing to shoulder the cost, it's much cheaper to hire someone to proofread instead. Translation is a cutthroat business, and a field that's going to be hit HARD by automation save literature, as you mentioned
There's a bit of charm in polsky english. I'd argue it's even required for that OG Gothic feel.

notpl

Arbiter
I registered solely to post this: calm down, women. It's Poland. The entire team speaks fluent english. The translation is going to be exactly the same or better than the subtitles posted on the promo videos so far. You will understand everything perfectly and occasionally a sentence will have a somewhat strange word order, which it should, because the game is in Polish.

Amateur translation is 10,000x better than the useless Californian dipshits who get paid to "translate" most big budget games and invent stupid jokes and accents and make up the dialogue wholecloth. The "professional" translation for Elex, for example, was complete nonsense if you understand even a word of German.

Jinn

Arcane
Yeah, they did a little switcheroo with the release date, so looks like I'm going to have to wait another sleep and workday before getting to try it out. Wish it was out today still!

notpl

Arbiter
Mage build working for the merchant's guild first playthrough imo

Mauman

Learned
To quote the green man -

"At first you had my curiosity, but now you have my erection"

Danikas

Arcane
Good luck boys time to min max the shit out of this.

gothic2screenshot2021v4kez.png

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Downloaded ugh i still have trugodrad and okami remaster to go. I get overwhelmed if i start too much games, so i will wait till i finish either one of my currently playing.

FEATURES
  • Professional voice acting
  • Fully adhering to the lore of Gothic series
  • 60+ hours of expected playtime
  • Complex main plot with many twists and secrets to discover
  • Over 170 quests with multiple ways to complete them
  • Multidimensional characters with credible backstories and personal goals
  • Breathtaking soundtrack composed solely for the purpose of the mod
  • About 200 random events that the main character may encounter
  • New crafting system with activities, such as alchemy, cooking and magic scrolls writing
  • Rebalanced economy and items stats considering 20 years of Gothic players feedback
  • Expanded travel system with option to choose between magic teleports, boats and mercenary caravans
  • More than 100 new armors and weapons with unique visuals
What about turnips? Can I pick them? Yes or no?

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Heads up, if you use English subtitles you'll have no Polish voice-overs. To get both you'll need to intall the 'Polish Language Pack'

Weird.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
makes for less files to download for foreigners
intrinsically gay but what can you do

Geckabor

Savant
No real bugs encountered so far. The game seems to offer quite a bit of C&C already at the start (although I'm not yet sure about the impact of these choices):
There's the one guy in the ship that you can beat up or leave him alone and then give him beer for some EXP. Also, you can intervene and stop Timo from dying or not. If he dies, you see his corpse on the beach and can loot it. It isn't there if you intervene. Also, there's the choice of following your brother or going to the cave with the others. I went with the brother, so I have no idea how different going to the cave is.
The timings on the swings/combos seem slightly altered compared to G2? All in all, the quality of the mod has been pretty high so far.

Danikas

Arcane
They made cutscenes in the shitty gothic engine from what I remember from Gothic 1 and 2 conversations always were 1 on 1 meanwhile in this mod you have multiple characters speaking in a cutscene.

gothic2screenshot2021k9jlm.png
gothic2screenshot2021jmjjh.png

They also added a lot of new custom animations for npcs I saw a guy puking behind a tavern so far this is much better Gothic game than that trash fire called Gothic 3.

agris

Arcane
Patron
So to use this, you need to add the D3D11 git release to NotR?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom