Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Good Old Games
Donate to Codex
News Content Gallery About Donate Discord Contact
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

Mauman

Learned
I beat him with a one-hand str melee. He did hurt me pretty bad though.

I oddly enough had more trouble killing him with my crossbow guy. Still got him eventually though.

curds

Prophet
Damn, I guess I just need to git gud. Was kinda hoping everyone would agree that he's fucking hard and not hurt my ego as much.

Surely I am underlevelled or something. Haven't really had too much trouble with anything else in the game, so far.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
He is hard, but 1h strength build here, and I beat him after a couple of tries. Backstep is indeed a good tactic. If you're lucky, you'll get a few free hits in if you manage to stunlock him.

Alphons

Cipher
2h Strength, Volker's armour, did majority of side quests and cleaned a good chunk of map. He got a few hits and got me to 50% Health, but I didn't use any scrolls against him.

Spoiler for the next main quest
Don't poison the beer.

Testicules

Educated
Just fucking lost it at a random sidequest in Chapter 5 where
The two guys in the Scoundrel's Den are in a prank war and one guy asks you to shoot off a cannon above the other sleeping guy (Saul) to startle him. When the cannonball inevitably blows Saul in half, I convince Gomez's lackey that Saul shot himself with a cannon.

This game is amazing, I don't want it to end.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Don't poison the beer.

Yeah, this was some choice and consequence that, while legit, really hurt.

The game even warns you. I'm so conditioned to fake choices, I didn't take it seriously. Like it wasn't a Gothic game...

Alphons

Cipher

All unnamed pirates, the merchant and some of the named ones die from the poison and bar owners get lynched.

You can pay one of the girls to directly poison Ben's wine to avoid it (or do it for free if you brought the ladies you rescue in the earlier quest to pirates instead of farmers).

Top Bottom