Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Civvie thread (classic FPS reviews/commentary on youtube)

Hobknobling

Learned
Around 31:20 in the video. Conveniently mentioned only after praising the game for a half an hour.

9ted6

Educated
Civvie11 is one of those toobers I watch because it is mildly entertaining and not because he is a good critic. Similar to Yahtzee.

e: Oh, he does voice acting for Selaco. His opinions are even more worthless than normally.
So he's quite literally shilling the epic boomer shooter full of gay pride and trans flags? You love to see it.

Reset the Days Since A Semi Decent Youtuber Sold Out counter.

Beans00

Erudite
So he's quite literally shilling the epic boomer shooter full of gay pride and trans flags? You love to see it.

Reset the Days Since A Semi Decent Youtuber Sold Out counter.

He's always been like this. People being surprised is...Weird?

I can find his videos entertaining, but he's been going on lefty rants for like 6 years. The whole cancer mouse schtick is making fun of right wing people.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
For that matter, isn't Gman also kind of a lefty?
Although he didn't seem like it on many different occasions.
Honestly, trying to dicern every fucking YT game reviewer's political leanings is more trouble than it's worth and leads only to rage.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
Honestly, trying to dicern every fucking YT game reviewer's political leanings is more trouble than it's worth and leads only to rage.
this is some serious autism that even i wouldn't be caught dead doing lmao

Beans00

Erudite

Gmans videos suck ass, so whether he's right wing or left wing he isn't worth watching.

Civvie is entertaining at least.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Gmans videos suck ass, so whether he's right wing or left wing he isn't worth watching.

Civvie is entertaining at least.
I liked Gman back in the day when he was doing classic game reviews.
Now he is just another Triple A shill.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Youtubers doing voice acting is just pure undiluted cringe.
FTFY.

A lot of YouTubers and streamers are legit scum of the earth, to the point where there was so much money exchanging hands behind the scenes that they HAVE to disclose sponsorships.

Now imagine what they don't tell you.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Any number above 0 is way too many unless the game is about going on a rampage mowing down degenerate freaks at a "pride parade".

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Any number above 0 is way too many unless the game is about going on a rampage mowing down degenerate freaks at a "pride parade".
I'd settle for one picture from the game that's full of them. I did a few quick image searches, but I can't find one. I would think that since this game just came out, and all the faggoty gaming sites are writing all their pandering articles on the subject, there'd be something out there given the claim, but I'm coming up empty.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
unless the game is about going on a rampage mowing down degenerate freaks
hey remember when Running With Scissors made a tweet about Postal Dude "not discriminating anyone [in his rampage]" and then someone asked "does that include trans?" and put RWS into some trouble... and a lot of dancing around, for some reasons

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
unless the game is about going on a rampage mowing down degenerate freaks
hey remember when Running With Scissors made a tweet about Postal Dude "not discriminating anyone [in his rampage]" and then someone asked "does that include trans?" and put RWS into some trouble... and a lot of dancing around, for some reasons
What kind of trouble?
Don't tell me they gave in to the mob?

9ted6

Educated
He was a lefty who hopped on the Gateorade wagon to hook in an audience. He also took dunks at Jim Sterling and censorship of sexy female characters.

Similar to Jimbo though he swung hard to the left in the post GG years. Possibly part of the reason he went from GGG to just G.
Youtubers doing voice acting is just pure undiluted cringe.
FTFY.

A lot of YouTubers and streamers are legit scum of the earth, to the point where there was so much money exchanging hands behind the scenes that they HAVE to disclose sponsorships.

Now imagine what they don't tell you.
No big Youtuber is worth watching or listening to anymore. They're not there to entertain you, they aren't your parasocial friend, they don't like you and they likely don't even like the thing they're discussing or playing. They're a performance act and they want a paycheck.
I can find his videos entertaining, but he's been going on lefty rants for like 6 years. The whole cancer mouse schtick is making fun of right wing people.
There's a difference between that and scummy shilling of a game you've got a personal stake in.

Even the lefty aspect is excusable in comparison to giving a game glowing praise, never mentioning a single flaw and very quickly revealing at the very end of the video that you literally worked for and were paid by the game devs.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Indeed.
Very few youtubers actually write competent and in depth reviews of games these days.
It just seems like shilling peppered with some memes on top of the video and that's it.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I can find his videos entertaining, but he's been going on lefty rants for like 6 years.
https://youtu.be/YjJ2P63GAMI?t=563

I'm not so sure he's that big of a lefty. Unless you're talking about him hating the state of video game publishers, i.e. video game corporations, and I don't think there's too many people who are large fans of them - except those lefties in gaming journalism. They love mega corporate publishers.

Beans00

Erudite
I can find his videos entertaining, but he's been going on lefty rants for like 6 years.

I'm not so sure he's that big of a lefty. Unless you're talking about him hating the state of video game publishers, i.e. video game corporations, and I don't think there's too many people who are large fans of them - except those lefties in gaming journalism. They love mega corporate publishers.
boomer moment

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
No big Youtuber is worth watching or listening to anymore. They're not there to entertain you, they aren't your parasocial friend, they don't like you and they likely don't even like the thing they're discussing or playing. They're a performance act and they want a paycheck.

Those are the ones stuck in e-celeb hell. The successful ones already have plenty of fuck you money and have moved on to better things. It's the mid-level YouTubers and streamers who are stuck actually doing performance art, day in and day out, slowly getting more bitter with every passing year.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Well the bitterness of performance artists is real even if you aren't a semi famous youtuber like these guys. It's the price you pay regardless of success and thus if they are in the arena, thems the breaks - the hazards of the job, as it were. I'd still kill for a production team capable of helping me make well edited game reviews, even if the price was a bunch of judgemental audience cunts. It's better than stand up: Fuck that.

Borelli

Arcane

Those are the ones stuck in e-celeb hell. The successful ones already have plenty of fuck you money and have moved on to better things. It's the mid-level YouTubers and streamers who are stuck actually doing performance art, day in and day out, slowly getting more bitter with every passing year.
Don't make your hobby your job situation?

Jason Bright

Educated

He encouraged people to contribute to bail funds during the Racial Reckoning of 2020

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom