Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
find which kingdom you want click on list of claimants

RK47

Patron
so i need to capture a town duchy first huhh

My question is: will you be able to bury ten thousand arab prisoners alive and blind captive bulgarian soldiers and the Emprah, make the Emprah's skull into a drinking cup as the Bulgars and do the Danelaw in England?

I want maximum immershun.

Julians-failed-invasion-of-Persia-in-363-AD.jpg

So grorious ;_;

Why must mudslims shit on everything that is good and glorious?

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
It seems Persia never gets a break. Conquered by Macedonians, Arabs and Turks. Twice devastated by Hulagu and Timur, it's a miracle they managed to survive for so long.

oscar

Arcane
Modern day Persians are quite racially different to the Persians of antiquity. Wouldn't make sense for them to be using the Arab portraits at this point of time. I hope the Persians (and Eurasians of the Steppe) get distinct portraits, it makes more sense than Scandinavians getting them.

RK47

Patron
after trying some muslim games, i have to declare their mechanics are retarded and unfun to play as.
has to have 3 wifes or lose prestige, too many kids, not enough holding = arab sand ninjas assault your countryside.

XenomorphII

Prophet
after trying some muslim games, i have to declare their mechanics are retarded and unfun to play as.
has to have 3 wifes or lose prestige, too many kids, not enough holding = arab sand ninjas assault your countryside.

Tips for playing Muslim characters:

1)Start with a small dynasty
2) NEVER EVER EVER give any family any land, unless they are your heir, even then I generally do not do it (because then you live forever and he gives out land to all his sons and they all breed more that way)
3) Instead, place your sons on your council, or kill them off
4) Don't arrange marriages for your kids (with the possible exception of your heir, only if he is getting up in years or you are concerned about the dynasty ending), you cannot inherit other realms (unless you go on one obscene murder spree, then maybe, but it is more trouble then it is worth) so all it does it make more people to drive up decadence
5) At succession, immediately imprison/eliminate all your brothers
6) When you do marry, go with a couple of younger wives (to make sure you do get a decent heir) and then a couple of older ones, or just bite the bullet on the prestige loss, as it doesn't add up to much

I'll post more if I think of any.

RK47

Patron
Wow. It's like you're roleplaying a Muslim. Very nice thorough research by Paradox.Very accurate rendition of muslim kingdom.

oscar

Arcane
Yeah I found playing Muslims a bit too gamey (sorry sons, uncles, nephews, cousins can't let you get married and have kids 'cuse that would be decadent for some reason).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom