Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Catholics aren't overpowered outside of HRE and republics though.

Vaarna_Aarne

Catholic DLC incoming then?
Pope DLC.
battle-pope.jpg

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
:love:
TPATT is the shit. Love the gorgeous UI and the additional options not present in the vanilla. The only real cons is that it tends to be slow and some of the dynasty name changes (ie. Jimenas -> de Navarre).

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
This game requires more diplomacy options. I feel chained by the very limited way you can interact with others all the time. :mad:

Other than that, first game in years that can hold my attentiveness for more than 100 hours.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
i would love to see economical benefits with having good relatins with neighboring kingdoms

RK47

Patron
That's cool. I always thought winning Holy War as Catholics is too easy, that no matter how many heretical kingdoms are out there, they'd still maintain 90% MA as long as there's no Anti-pope.
Anyways, I played around with Republic DLC for a while, clarify something for me - So is there any way for the game to let me form a Merchant Republic on my own or am I forced just to play existing ones? Exclude Modding please.

RK47

Patron
Ah, that sucks.
Anyways, is there a benefit to having churches?
I'm currently playing Latin Empire, and seeing the Bishops paying tithes to Rome pisses me off and wondered why I even WANT a church in the first place.

RK47

Patron
Gavelkind can still be circumvented if you have 1-2 children. Just assassinate the other son or have him lead armies over and over.
Just don't play an Old Pagan start. It's gonna suck.

The whole holy site and reformation thing sounds like a bunch of greco/nordic/hitmanpagan wetdreams to me. Still looking forward to it, should be the most interesting expansion/dlc and with the most content.

Vaarna_Aarne

Gavelkind can still be circumvented if you have 1-2 children. Just assassinate the other son or have him lead armies over and over.
Just don't play an Old Pagan start. It's gonna suck.
It is going to prevent the AI from going full Mongolian pretty effectively tho.

RK47

Patron
I thought Pagans assist each other? It's still dangerous to attack Pagans openly. As much as I would like to gobble up those single county pagans, when 5-6 comes in to assist, it can get pretty dangerous.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Anybody have tips for developing your own lands? Also, I can't figure out how certain people can suddenly field 10k strong armies. For example, my brother betrays me while he holds the Duchy of Kiev. He fields almost 16k soldiers instantly. Where in the fuck do those soldiers come from? I always feel like everyone else in the game has 2x as many soldiers as I do, and it requires me to do some finnicky shit to not get bulldozed.

RK47

Patron
Anybody have tips for developing your own lands? Also, I can't figure out how certain people can suddenly field 10k strong armies. For example, my brother betrays me while he holds the Duchy of Kiev. He fields almost 16k soldiers instantly. Where in the fuck do those soldiers come from? I always feel like everyone else in the game has 2x as many soldiers as I do, and it requires me to do some finnicky shit to not get bulldozed.

-Mercs - usually require 75-100 to hire comes in 2000-5000 stack at start.
-Revolt event : Gains free troop
-His 100% pure levy count since he no longers gives half of his troop to you.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Revolts get bonus soldiers out of thin air. Other than that the answer is mercenaries and holy orders.

mondblut

Arcane
PRDX seems to believe that "let's spawn some more attrition-free levelscaled AI doomstacks" is an universal answer to any balance issue.

Back in good old days, KOEI shelved their strategy games under "Imagination series" and "Simulation series". PRDX should shelf theirs under "Frustration series".

Cassidy

Arcane
PRDX seems to believe that "let's spawn some more attrition-free levelscaled AI doomstacks" is an universal answer to any balance issue.

Back in good old days, KOEI shelved their strategy games under "Imagination series" and "Simulation series". PRDX should shelf theirs under "Frustration series".

You're lucky to have never tried Magna Mundi then. It is like self-replicating kebab.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
How much time do you guys spend tracking down heirs and claimants to marry / invite and matri-marry to the random cousins and dynasty members that end up in your court?

I hate to waste a resource, but lately I've been spending far too much of my time scouring the land to find a match for my cousins and second cousins and third cousins, etc. It's pretty boring.

Do you guys just stop caring after your dynasty has been spread around a bit?

Vaarna_Aarne

Usually. By the time all the dukes are part of the dynasty, they start taking care of themselves pretty decently. Of course, before that you need dynasty members that have no claims to the throne...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom