Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Of course, my personal pet peeve is that they'll probably STILL have grossly inaccurate namefiles for us Finns, with Christianized or Swedish origin names all over the place, and fucking Virtanen.

Aren't those easily edited?
Yea, just a pain in the ass due to pre-existing characters. Another thing is the moon logic they must have been under when they made Estonians a separate culture from Finns (since if want to go there, they might as well go full and make Karelians, Tavastians and Finns separate cultures as well).

Vaarna_Aarne

That CB already existed for the Mongols from the start. In fact, I generally modified it to disappear completely based on either 1) realm size, or 2) date making it invalid again.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
should end with the death of the first invading khan for each of the three waves

just make him hard to stab

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
Just waiting for the mod to judaise Khazars and I will be raiding North, West, East, South in search of precious jewgolds to satisfy my jewden.

http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive/b/394337529
^ Link to a livestream on Monday.

Some youtube commenter said:
I got some inside information. The next expansion, after The Old Gods, is already in the work and will improve the economic system of the game. They will add goods and split cities into 3 ranks (village, town, city), add more buildings, add trade routes. TRs will be different yet a simplified version of TRs from Europa Universalis. The temporary name of the expansion is Routes of the Mediterranean. The name can change cuz the system is not restricted to that area,but it's the main focus.

Vaarna_Aarne

The chance needs to increase with the number of concubines, obviously.

They also need to have a special Ramses event if you get to his level of getting bitches.

However...

The Jomsvikings are in the game as a Holy Order that can be hired by Norse Pagan rulers. Holy Orders for other pagan religions are still under consideration.
Fucking hell, stop with this shit already!

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
^ Finnish :butthurt:

Seriously, I'm more excited to finally play nomads and Zoroastrians rather than a bunch of overrated fags up north.

Vaarna_Aarne

Aside from obvious butthurt, there's also the fact that it's starting to look eerily like the expansion is geared exclusively towards viking world conquest.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Aside from obvious butthurt, there's also the fact that it's starting to look eerily like the expansion is geared exclusively towards viking world conquest.
The fact that the teaser for the expansion was a slowly revealed viking warrior didn't tip you off?
It's been clear from day 1 that this is a viking-centered expansion.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The fact that the teaser for the expansion was a slowly revealed viking warrior didn't tip you off?
It's been clear from day 1 that this is a viking-centered expansion.

Yes, sorry mate, Finn pagans are not nearly as interesting, important or known. But neither do Slavic tribes of Poland so its fair. I would love some Magyar love though.

What can be more awesome than viking world conquest?
Khazar world conquest.

Goals for such a campaign.
1. Adopt Judaism
2. Hide your melonhead heritage
3. Eradicate the few remaining 'thals
4. Engineer wars among the sapiens
5. Enslave the manboons

We should have Cleve/PorkaMorka/one of the Cleveology crew do an LP with them.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/04/25/c...date-and-new-details-from-mondays-livestream/
PCGamer said:
Any time you capture a fortress as any religion, you will now be able to take prisoners from the court there, such as the ruling lord’s family. If you are a pagan ruler, you can force any such prisoners who are female and of age to become your concubines.
Tasteful rape is in!
:incline:

9547.jpg

curry

Arcane

And as always mods will fix/improve this.

Sword of Islam made Muslims overpowered, Legacy of Rome made ERE overpowered and The Republic made the republics overpowered.. I wonder if Old Gods make the pagans overpowered :smug:

mondblut

Arcane
Yes, sorry mate, Finn pagans are not nearly as interesting, important or known. But neither do Slavic tribes of Poland so its fair. I would love some Magyar love though.

Exactly. There are 2 kinds of Finns in medieval history. One is free land. Other is free land too pisspoor and backwater to concern yourself with :smug:

Magyars, meh, they are just a beta version of mongols. Vikings are where da shit is.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
I've been playing around with Elder Kings and the production values are top notch - even though it is still a very early version. I guess it's a given that a mod based on a game with a massive modder base is going to look better than other amateur efforts, but this is some light years ahead of GoT mod.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists

And as always mods will fix/improve this.

Sword of Islam made Muslims overpowered, Legacy of Rome made ERE overpowered and The Republic made the republics overpowered.. I wonder if Old Gods make the pagans overpowered :smug:
Then we've come full circle and, with all DLC installed, everybody is now overpowered. So we're back at square one... ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom