Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Wow. shouldn't they do this with every latest patch? Or is there a reason why it's not enabled in the first place?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Wow. shouldn't they do this with every latest patch? Or is there a reason why it's not enabled in the first place?
As far as I've heard, it's a measure Paradox takes for low-end PCs to be more compatible with their games. So they're not including it on purpose to the .exe files, that much is sure.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
As far as I've heard, it's a measure Paradox takes for low-end PCs to be more compatible with their games. So they're not including it on purpose to the .exe files, that much is sure.
Why do so many Paradox fans have to be fucking poorfags?!

All the Paradox grand strategy games could benefit immensely from a more detailed simulation enabled by modern multi-core processors and a 64bit memory address space, but it's not happening as long as they want to support people with computers from 1995.
:x

RK47

Patron
Oddly it was already enabled and it still crashed. (Yeah I downloaded the CFF explorer and discovered that CK2.exe is already 2 GB++ enabled.)

RedScum

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Is it always the same date it crashes? I remember someone had a similar problem and it turns out to be a claimant-war that bugged out. Try to see in the logg if anything special happens on that date it crashes.

RK47

Patron
its ok, i started Georgian LP. it doesn't fucking matter now.

RK47

Patron
indeed it is. I made it a nicer place for liberal to rule over within 2 years.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Thanks to Commissar Draco often mentioning The Prince and the Thane I decided to give it a try. Looks quite nice so far. Will have to see how holy wars are done and if things are sufficiently lethal for my liking but I do dig the work done on the UI. Lots of buildings also make for a much more diverse world. Let's see if sieges do some damage to all these nice new upgrades as well.

It really is looking gorgeous though.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Seems disease and childbirth deaths are either out or heavily nerfed in The Prince and the Thane. Do like a lot of the other stuff it does though. My vassals are a rightfully unruly bunch and sieges have burned down a few buildings already. Incline detected.

Do hope religious wars can still be joined by the neighbours. That usually leads to massive amounts of carnage in vanilla. Will see.

EDIT: Lol. I married a son off to foreign shores. When the ruler died he had become the next heir and to my surprise also something of a rabid plotter. Guy seems to have been busy offing people left and right and has all the paranoid and stabby stabby in the back traits to show for it. Fucker is an insane Stalin with a hard-on for purges by now. I love it when the AI does shit like that. Amazingly enough he still has the 'just ruler' trait as well.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Being Just doesn't preclude offing people (who deserve it) left and right and being paranoid pays when you're ruler. Tryed to play as Potato King and quited after few hours... Shit is too easy many Heathen Pagans to crusade and Russian, Bochemian and Magyar lands you have claims for. :decline: They should Nerf Potato King to the Duke or Titular King and make Potatolandia HRE de jure Vassal... Also add Extreme gavelkind resulting in civil war or partition and HRE/Kijev intervention every time ruler dies.

Darklife

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
It's not like Poland ever achieves anything under an AI. Your ideas would just make the HRE even more bloated. At least right now it has to go keep up the facade and go around Poland in order to expand eastwards.

Overall I think that the HRE is one of the weaker aspects of this game. Even with civil wars left and right, it still looks and behaves like some homogenous block. It would be a lot better if only individual and quarelling dukes pressed their claims to neighouring counties, instead of the whole motherfucking German reich descending upon some hapless Count like the Huns.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's not like Poland ever achieves anything under an AI. Your ideas would just make the HRE even more bloated. At least right now it has to go keep up the facade and go around Poland in order to expand eastwards.

Overall I think that the HRE is one of the weaker aspects of this game. Even with civil wars left and right, it still looksa and behaves like some homogenous block. It would be a lot better if only individual and quarelling dukes pressed their claims to neighouring counties, instead of the whole motherfucking German reich descending upon some hapless Count like the Huns.

Never played as HRE but while playing as a part of TRUE ROMAN EMPIRE Basileus didn't join all my grab my Longobard/Worst Turk neighbor clay wars. Mainly cause in tPatH Roman Empire de iure land are less stretched. (which is INMHO arbitrary as fuck Bulgaria is De Iure Land and Southern Italy is Not? :retarded: )

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Overall I think that the HRE is one of the weaker aspects of this game. Even with civil wars left and right, it still looks and behaves like some homogenous block. It would be a lot better if only individual and quarelling dukes pressed their claims to neighouring counties, instead of the whole motherfucking German reich descending upon some hapless Count like the Huns.
That's generally why my own modding ideas usually involve making HRE (often into a titular title as well) with hardlocked Minimum Crown Authority and heavily penalized Vassal Levy (basically one needs maximum Feudal Levies to get any levies at all in non-defensive wars), as well as permanent Elective WITHOUT relations boost.

Darklife

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera

That's generally why my own modding ideas usually involve making HRE (often into a titular title as well) with hardlocked Minimum Crown Authority and heavily penalized Vassal Levy (basically one needs maximum Feudal Levies to get any levies at all in non-defensive wars), as well as permanent Elective WITHOUT relations boost.

A more correct way to improve the situation would be through implementing some sort of voting system among electors when it comes to wars and what not. That way if you wanted to press some claim to the French crown as the Holy Roman Emperor you'd need to secure the backing of your vassals. If you couldn't muster enough supporters you'd have to go at it alone. This would really open up a new avenue of internal confilcts and struggles in the Empire, with all of the different actors vying for power amongst themselves and the Emperor trying to increase his own influence at the same time.

Hard coding the HRE into an ineffectual entity makes it work, but removes any possibility of reforming it into an actual empire through your own machinations. It still wouldn't be holy or german, but at least it'd be a start.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom