Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
One thing about Gavelkind is that it doesn't split up counties, so if you own every single holding in your capital country then your primary heir will inherit them all, even if it means some of his brothers end up landless.
This gives you a strong and compact power base, but of course less taxes than spreading your demesne across many counties, since you wont have many mayor vassals. As a bonus each holding in the county can benefit from the marshal's levy buffing mission, giving a significant boost to your personal army size.

With the Old Gods coming up it seems like it's time to get used to gavelkind :)

-Spectacle

I am well aware of that, but I've held 8 core counties in the Latin Empire and I loathe to split them up between my future sons.
I can no longer remove a heir from succession by gifting him a church :(
Perhaps if I captured Rome or other Church based counties I would be able to do so...

Gavelkind is useless if you're into Kingdom building... but this is optimal system if You have single big Duchy like Tulouse or Provence... BTW new 2.11 tPatT crashes a lot. :x

sser

Arcane
Developer
Pretty sure I had a secretly pscyhopathic mother. Makes sense: her husband was a wunderkind ruler, but unfortunately he was maimed early in life and suffered illnesses thereafter. Naturally, the best Sultan seen in centuries died around the age of 19 with one child remaining. The child's mother probably lost her mind on account of missing out on what should have been a golden age. So she became regent -- and warded off the suitors that were lining up from Marrakesh to Tbilisi. And she spent her times as regent murdering everyone. Murdered half my council. Kept murdering my spymasters. I didn't even know who it was killing everyone until my newly appointed spymaster burst into my room, sweating profusely even though we were on the ground floor. He said some wild bitch by the name of Ozgul was on a killing spree. I didn't even recognize the name -- but after combing through the entire planet found my damn mom as the culprit. Well shit. I had to keep her has regent, though, on account of her protecting me from genuinely evil people. Unfortunately, momma bears can't think straight and that spymaster took a knife to the back as soon as he left the room. I'm going to assume mom took his place in the doorway, her blackened silhouette mottled red, a painful, trying smile on her face.

Eventually, my little kid grew up and I had to get mom out of the fucking house. So I kicked her over to Galacia where she promptly murdered some more. She Patrick Bateman'd the Spanish yuppies. At the age of 39, she was married to a 16-year old kid. That kid died in battle. Coincidence? Who knows. I moved mom back home, though, wrongfully believing she had changed her ways. Apparently she uses my spymasters like stepmasters, because she exercised some diligent pointy-knifey reps up and down my catalog of candidates. After another bloodbath, I couldn't handle anymore. I kicked her out of the country, quickly marrying her to some poor, desperate sap in Goatfuckistan and calling it a day.

Borelli

Arcane
The way to get used to Gavelkind is to embrace Unfortunate Accidents.
I can't see your number anymore. Are you vaarna aarne?
Judging by this post you must definitely be vaarna aarne.
*checks quote* Yep you are vaarna aarne.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah, I'm going to try and make it work, that 8 county levy + income is just too damn sweet to pass up. 44g a month + 10k personal levy ...

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
I tried Lux Invicta for a while. After 10 years of peace, a bunch of neighbours decided to attack me, but there was a bug with armies travelling and they remained stuck in their homelands.

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
I tried The Prince and the Thane as the Khazars. It crashes every so often when I save the game or during autosaves.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Managed to conquer Greece/Thrace, stealing it from the Byzantines in a pretty brutal war that exhausted my war chest. Took about a month of control before some asshole count/duke in Ireland demanded a Crusade. Fucking Irish. Anyway, pretty sure I'm doomed. The Ilkhanate is Sunni like myself, but they never help with anything -- neither the Jihads nor defending the faith type events.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
I would like things that mechanically separate all the different pagan types more than localized festival events, but I have to say I'm pretty pumped to play as the Norse. Aside from the fact that they start out at a numerical disadvantage, it's pretty clear their religion is the strongest in the game. Also, weren't the Lithuanians known for their coastal Baltic raids too? It would be cool if they got some coastal casus belli or raiding option too.

oscar

Arcane
attachment.php

Those are some brown-looking/Indian Persians

(IRL even today)

320-26Mideast_Iran_Zoroastrian_Festival.sff.standalone.prod_affiliate.69.jpg

Zoroastrians-Sadeh-Feast-Tehran2.jpg

persianaryanlv7.png

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
I don't know what happened in my TPATT, I had valid Casus Belli on neighbouring provinces at first with the Khazars but now, even after restarting I seem to have lost that ability.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
TPATT in version 2.011 gave me blue screen of death, play the 2.06 version for now it is much more stable. Also Wanted to play as Glorious Alania and teach those Chechens and Mountain Jews from south the lesson.... but TPATT made them into Brown skinned Iranians with Muslim culture led by Emir! : x

image001.jpg

Is TPATT made by Georgians?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Olisi perhana hyvä olla Karhunpeijaiset myös.

I would like things that mechanically separate all the different pagan types more than localized festival events, but I have to say I'm pretty pumped to play as the Norse. Aside from the fact that they start out at a numerical disadvantage, it's pretty clear their religion is the strongest in the game. Also, weren't the Lithuanians known for their coastal Baltic raids too? It would be cool if they got some coastal casus belli or raiding option too.
Actually that's Estonians, specifically the Oesalian tribe (those guys living on that large island on the Western coast of Estonia). Karelians may have also raided by sea (though due to sources of the time being conflicted in regards to the identity, it's unknown whether or not it was Oesalians or Karelians that sacked Sigtuna).

oscar

Arcane
It's like Paradox just went "Who the fuck lives over there? Eh probably some vaguely brown people chuck 'em the generic brown people portraits". Fucking Celts and Norse get their own ones while about half the map has people who look nothing like the people that historically or presently resided there.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Is TPATT really unstable (as of 2.1.1)? Even with Trash's mod?

Yup. There's something wonky with it. Strange thing is it won't generate a error log when it CTD so it's hard to figure out what's wrong. Sometimes I can play a game for hours and then it's crash, crash, crash. Hope the modder figures it out as it's got me stumped.

Wouldn't be surprised if it had anything to do with the new graphics he introduced in the UI though.

PS: also someone got Better Looking Characters and Culturally Different Cities running on TPATT. Meaning much graphical incline and improved portraits. I'll toss them in the next version of TTAPP and MM when it gets here.

Shame there are a number of portrait packs floating around all with their own peculiarities and so on. None covering all there is too cover, Too bad the BLC guy decided to quit as it was the only one really changing everything and being damn good. It's being updated by fans for new versions but no actual content is being added any more. Hope someone makes a comprehensive portrait pack one of these days.

Challenge idea - survive with Zoroastrian inbreds dynasty.

Everyone not immediately jumping into longboats is going to do that one. Guaranteed. Personally I'm going to do a second Wend uprising.

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
What I would really like is to channel the powers of Mahakala through the Il-Khanate to dominate at least Sandniggerland.

6-armiger_Mahakala.jpg

oscar

Arcane
None covering all there is too cover, Too bad the BLC guy decided to quit as it was the only one really changing everything and being damn good

This guy guy is doing some really neat stuff:

(Cumans)
Uzlko.jpg

(Turk males)
pGUva.png

I've talked to him a few times and he's interested in covering Persians and adding greater cultural variety to Europeans. He's pretty active and ambitious and really this stuff beats the DLC that Paradox has been charging people for. The research he did to get the Cumans right was pretty interesting, looked through a ton of academic books and blending the skin tones and appearances from photos of a lot of modern day Altaic peoples. Makes the Mediterranean DLC where Italians and Greeks look like potato-headed Jersey Shore rejects with a boat-load of fake tan look all the more incompetent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom