Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Trash
Is 2.1.2 savegame compatible with 2.1.1?

You'll have to manually copy the savegame from one mod dir to the other but other than that I don't see any problems with this being mostly a bugfix. Still, no guarantees as BLC might mess it up.

Borelli

Arcane
So i am playing TPATT as a duke and my king gets excommunicated. Excellent i think my plans require the king to be weak, but then i see all his vassals with -100 opinion - in liege loyalist faction. Wut? Now it's most likely they were in before he got excommed but still should not that make them leave?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The Prince and the Thane or CK2+?

CK2+ is extremely polished and was (not sure now) frequently updated, never made my game crash or had weird bugs, TPATT on the other hand, i never tried it, but read that it was more feature rich than CK2+.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
TPATT with Trash Mod and portraits which won't made sandniggers out of :obviously: Romans and Persians.... if he toned down the mortality a bit High Nobility had higher chances than commoner rabble to reach puberty at least.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Coz you're a bunch of little whiny bitches here's a file to tone down the child mortality a bit.* Just copy into C:users\username\documents\Paradox Interactive\crusader kings 2\mod\The Prince and the Thane 2.1.2 with Memento Mori\common and you're set to go. Won't even have to start a new game.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wv94cxpg5nb77cb

Btw, lemme know if you lot still have CTD's. I may have a fix for those if they're still happening. Don't have them myself though.

*Okay, seems like the values for the new system Pdox implemented were a little iffy. No way that last version had 1 out of 100 kids per decade who died early.

Tigranes

Arcane
Trash - I played just fine for about 5 years, then next session, 3 CTDs at different points in the same year. Latin Empire. I saw some missing tooltip strings (e.g. Grand Hunt) and a couple of black empty faces but they didn't seem to trigger crashes. This is on your penultimate file.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Trash - I played just fine for about 5 years, then next session, 3 CTDs at different points in the same year. Latin Empire. I saw some missing tooltip strings (e.g. Grand Hunt) and a couple of black empty faces but they didn't seem to trigger crashes. This is on your penultimate file.

Thanks. Some people blame a bug with patrician families dying out while having a retinue for causing CTD's in a lot of mods. Missing tooltips are a mystery since the file is as it should be. Sometimes the Pdox code can do wierd stuff. Missing black faces could be either you missing a portrait DLC or something iffy with BLC. Dunno. Anyway, here's a file that disables retinues for patrician families. It's a bit harsh but unless Pdox fixes that bug there doesn't seem to be another way around it. Copy the file to C:\users\username\documents\Paradox Interactive\crusader kings 2\mod\The Prince and the Thane 2.1.2 with Memento Mori\common and it should work.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?2uus0jbm7sz88eh

In your current game you could try to locate the dying Patrician family, start as them and then disable retinue for them.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I can't help but think of the Joker from the Batman movie while playing an Arab nation, particularly one from shithole North Africa. Conquer Tunisia/Algiers and nobody panics, nobody does anything because it's all part of the plan. But swoop in and conquer Greece and Thrace, well then everybody loses their minds! Nothing like having the entire European continent bringing 200,000 swinging dicks to Constantinople -- rather, Maghrebople. One man in Rome has the power to get half a million testicles on the move. No wonder the Papacy has a strong vein of sexual perversion feeding blood to its cocklust for all things Roman. Strangely, nobody bats an eye if I land 20,000 mercenaries on Rome's backdoorstep and invite myself in sans-lube. All the whores just watch their pimp get slapped around before calling it a day after, oh, fifteen years or so.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
If the pope AI is actually given no limit on spending for mercs...you know what will happen. It'd be like a self funded Crusade without needing other nations to contribute the army made up entirely of mercenaries gathered at Rome. Not counting the Crusaders of course. That's why I like involving the Pope by giving him a piece of the Holy Land. He's so inactive if there's nothing at stake.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Hey, Trash, what's your opinion on Friends and Foes and Family Relations mods? Could you include them if your arhive with latest M.Mori and TPATT

Borelli

Arcane
Event Text
We look to the heavens for divine guidance, the appearance of a great comet in the sky has caused a great furor among our people. Some believe that the end of times are upon whilst others believe it is an omen of conquest.

Option A: The end is nigh!
-10 prestige

Option B: The gods are calling us to battle!
-10 Prestige

Option C: Let us turn to the wisdom of [chaplain].
-10 Prestige

Option D: (for characters with the cynical trait): Its probably nothing
-10 Prestige

:smug:

Tigranes

Arcane

Thanks. Some people blame a bug with patrician families dying out while having a retinue for causing CTD's in a lot of mods. Missing tooltips are a mystery since the file is as it should be. Sometimes the Pdox code can do wierd stuff. Missing black faces could be either you missing a portrait DLC or something iffy with BLC. Dunno. Anyway, here's a file that disables retinues for patrician families. It's a bit harsh but unless Pdox fixes that bug there doesn't seem to be another way around it. Copy the file to C:\users\username\documents\Paradox Interactive\crusader kings 2\mod\The Prince and the Thane 2.1.2 with Memento Mori\common and it should work.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?2uus0jbm7sz88eh

In your current game you could try to locate the dying Patrician family, start as them and then disable retinue for them.

Trying with a new game, since I didn't get very far. I don't have any of the portraits DLC but I don't mind some missing faces. Seems to work well for now...

Tigranes

Arcane
So, uh.

M5m9OW6.png

The year is 1229 and the first Emperor of the Latins has reigned for twenty-five years. In that time, you note, he has birthed eleven children, three with his first wife Marie, then with his decades-younger Princess Beatrix, first daughter of the Holy Roman Emperor. Although Baudoin is now fifty-eight, the wife is now pregnant with another. The law is Gavelkind, but only four of those eleven are still alive; half of them didn't make it past their sixth birthday.

More interestingly, we note, that the Holy Roman Emperor recently passed away, and the emperorship passed too to another family. But Baudoin's wife somehow retains Dukedom of two duchies - Teck and Schwaben - in the heart of Germany, which she rules directly. Moreover, she has just become the ruling Queen of Sicily following the death of young King Eugenio, a relative in the von Hohenstafen family. Finally, around the same time, Beatrix's mother, the widowed Eirene, has inherited - as an Angelos - the Thema of Epirus, which is part of the Byzantine Empire.

Of course, if Baudoin should have only one living son when he, Beatrix and Eirene snuffs it, then that son will inherit the Latin Empire (currently the Thrace region & Samos), the Kingdom of Sicily, the two German Duchies, and the Thema of Epirus away from the Byzantines. I think. Maybe some of those become invalid if the son should become Emperor first, or something.

Basically, completely inadvertently, a single marriage has spawned a situation where the kid could inherit from four different kingdoms.

Tigranes

Arcane
ciB9Zjx.jpg

....Eirene is dead, and now, my wife has a larger fiefdom than I, including all that grey area around Epirus, Dorylaion to the East, and Abydos behind the notification window. About 1/3 of the Byzantine Empire has now passed, technically to the Holy Roman Empire.

Prince Baudoin remains heir to the Latin Empire and the Sicilian fiefdom.

RK47

Patron
...HRE owning Byzantine won't last long. The Greeks will take a long time to pacify. Foreigner + Religious Difference = -27 Add short reign.. Ugh...

Tigranes

Arcane
l7VrBQd.jpg

A year later, Beatrix dies. It really wasn't me this time. Little Baudoin, the ambitious brat, is now King of Sicily and still in line for the Latin Empire. The only problem is that Beatrix managed to spurt out yet another boy just before copping it.

RK47: Yes, but the Old Baudoin is already nearing sixty. If he dies fast enough, then it will become a Latin Empire - though that still has the religion/culture shocks.

Tigranes

Arcane
R7ZJkIV.jpg

Well. My computer locked up so I played that year again, and not only did Beatrix not die, she gave birth to two sons over the next 5 years. When the Elder Baudoin finally copped it at the age of 64, Young Baudoin made it to the Latin throne at the age of 13, but most of his duchies and counties were divided among his infant brothers, Alexander and William.

He is still heir to the Kingdom of Sicily, handled by his mother, but as expected there's a mighty civil war going on to lower crown authority for starters.

Tigranes

Arcane
To give a temporary conclusion:

sDCzbw3.jpg

Within a year the Younger Baudoin has problems. Younger bro Alexander has a larger demesne than he, including recently conquered territories near Antioch that I planned to gift the Pope (and now can't) - he can raise twice my army. Then, Beatrix remarries and continues warring, gets herself excommunicated, raped and pillaged thoroughly by the Holy Roman Empire (Sicily turned independent, somehow), and strips her of all her titles; she returns to Constantinople dejected. Of course, her lands are now divided again between her sons; and just days later she is found dead, seemingly of natural causes.

The Latin Empire now has holdings in Germany, Italy, Greece, Turkey and the Levant; and worst of all, I can't give the far-flung counties away as they are mostly given over to Alexander. It's going to be hell.

RK47

Patron
grant independence. i had to do it for Duchy of Flanders.

Tigranes

Arcane
I played on and basically young Baudoin cleans up in Sicily and restores peace but is maimed and dies; William rises to the throne, but that additional Gavelkidn division basically hands the youngest Alexander 80% of the empire (Kingdom of Sicily + Epirus + German counties + half of Thrace...) leaving William with Constantinople and not much else. Granting independence would mean ending up with less than what the Latin Empire began with. Of course, best scenario would be if William (or Alexander) can get themselves killed before Alexander triggers a war for independence....

RK47

Patron
I'm spamming excommunication now to depower my angry vassals.
Pretty much trying to burn 2000 piety from the 55 yo Emperor Hawke before he kicks the bucket.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom