Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Borelli

Arcane
Eh, screw your longboats, I'm going to be the Incestuous Reconquerer of proper Zoroastrian Persia. I'm still unsure if I am going to breed with my sisters or my mothers, eh, better fuck both, oh, and my cousins too (but that doesn't count as incest). Zoroastrians are polygamous, right?

It's like Paradox just went "Who the fuck lives over there? Eh probably some vaguely brown people chuck 'em the generic brown people portraits". Fucking Celts and Norse get their own ones while about half the map has people who look nothing like the people that historically or presently resided there.

Very true. Reminds of 300, where the Persian army looks more like the army of Abyssinia.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It's like Paradox just went "Who the fuck lives over there? Eh probably some vaguely brown people chuck 'em the generic brown people portraits". Fucking Celts and Norse get their own ones while about half the map has people who look nothing like the people that historically or presently resided there.

Very true. Reminds of 300, where the Persian army looks more like the army of Mordor.

Fixed for accuracy.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
At least, Zoro Persians seems to have different namesets from that of Muslim Persians. No more Hassans or Alis but Artashatras and Rostam. :obviously:

Zoroaster, last incline in the Middle East.

Oh, what coulda been. Will enjoy sacking Mecca and throwing all the musli to the pyres before avenging Persia on the heirs of Heraclius.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hopefully future DLC will improve interactions between Christians and the Pope.
I really feel the Pope doesn't even matter in the game until you gift him a few counties in the Holy Land, then he starts caring about the whole conflict as a whole.
Also, repairing relations with the Pope is difficult and can't be done on a permanent basis - good luck if he starts with negative traits like ambitious (-50!)
It makes turning into Free Investiture and electing an Anti Pope the easiest decision to make.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
I hope they improve every religion not just Catholics since as of now its only real gameplay value is for holy warring and LARPing a crusader/jihadist.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
If I get Old Gods, I'm just going to custom create a Viking leader with 99 martial, Possessed Lunatic.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Those who want to play The Prince and the Thane 2.1.1 might want to try to disable retinues. Apparantly the last patch introduced a bug which makes a lot of mods CTD unless they're disabled. Not sure if it works since I haven't tried playing with them myself but a lot of people say it works. Go to the common/retinue_subunits folder and empty the retinue_subunits_swmh.txt. You may have to start a new game for it to work. Also disable autosaving. There's defenitely a vanilla bug which crashes the game every so often when it saves.

Still kinda wierd that 2.0.6 works perfectly for me though.

None covering all there is too cover, Too bad the BLC guy decided to quit as it was the only one really changing everything and being damn good

This guy guy is doing some really neat stuff:

(Cumans)
Uzlko.jpg

(Turk males)
pGUva.png

I've talked to him a few times and he's interested in covering Persians and adding greater cultural variety to Europeans. He's pretty active and ambitious and really this stuff beats the DLC that Paradox has been charging people for. The research he did to get the Cumans right was pretty interesting, looked through a ton of academic books and blending the skin tones and appearances from photos of a lot of modern day Altaic peoples. Makes the Mediterranean DLC where Italians and Greeks look like potato-headed Jersey Shore rejects with a boat-load of fake tan look all the more incompetent.

Yeah, his work is awesome. Really good looking. What I find disappointing is that there have been a number of portrait mods all focusing on a few cultures and that noone has made a large comprehensive one since BLC. It's a bitch to get them all working well together. Especially with mods that add/change cultures. Still, it's amazing to see how great these mods look when compared to the fugly that Pdox produced. Especially in their dlc's.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yea, it'd be good if someone made a compiled portrait mod that does *nothing* except add portrait files. It'd make it very easy to incorporate or to use on the side. Cultures and such should be left to other mods.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
The author of The Prince and the Thane released a new version which seems to run a lot more stable. Not much of a changelist apart from 'general bugfixes' but we'll use what we get. So without further ado is here The Prince and the Thane 2.1.2 with Memento Mori. I've also included Better Looking Characters and Culturally Different Cities in this version to make it look even better. All kudos to the original mod authors of course. Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?k4r7pn9fkdpujf7

Install Guide:

-download the .rar archive.
-delete any previous version of the mod.
-unpack the files into C:users\username\documents\Paradox Interactive\crusader kings 2\mod
-tick the mod on the ckii launcher
-pick your time and dynasty and go be a dastardly bastard
-if you experience black flags, go into users\username\documents\Paradox Interactive\crusader kings 2\ and delete the folder called The Prince and the Thane. You only need to do this once.

If this one also has the CTD's be sure to remove retinues. Seems Pdox borked republics and retinues with the last patch and have still not fixed it. Go to the common/retinue_subunits folder and empty the retinue_subunits_swmh.txt. You may have to start a new game for it to work. Also disable autosaving. There's definitely a vanilla bug which crashes the game every so often when it saves.

I hope they improve every religion not just Catholics since as of now its only real gameplay value is for holy warring and LARPing a crusader/jihadist.

Agreed, need more intrigue and power relations in general. I think Ortodoxy is probably the most boring religion the game right now, only good thing about it is that your religious vassals pay you their jewgold.

Also, they should really give Holy Orders to other religions.

Oh yeah, they need to make somesort of "HERETICS" dlc for heresies. Would love to see new, different playability for Waldensians, Ibadis, Monophysites, etc.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I'm five years now in my current TPATT-MM playtrough and it doesn't crash on me (yet).

My Play-thru started to crash after 10 years from start.... OK will now try the trash version.

Try to disable the retinues if it keeps happening.

Oh yeah, they need to make somesort of "HERETICS" dlc for heresies. Would love to see new, different playability for Waldensians, Ibadis, Monophysites, etc.

Apart from a THEOCRACY dlc that's what I'd love to see next. Plenty of awesome badassery like the Cathars and the Waldensians could use a little love and attention in the game.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

Agreed, need more intrigue and power relations in general. I think Ortodoxy is probably the most boring religion the game right now, only good thing about it is that your religious vassals pay you their jewgold.

Also, they should really give Holy Orders to other religions.

Which is offset by more Interesting Imperial court and all intrigue, buthurt and drama it generates. Religius retinues have no sense outside Roman heresy... but Roman Tagmata regiments acting as ''mercs'' hired for prestige not jewgold as conmon mercs or Piety as Orders are.. only by Roman and in less degree Orthodox Rulers is very good Idea.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom