Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Anyone played the game now that the patch is released? From what little I did it's certainly an improvement. Am lolling massively atm at the whole DLC shitstorm going on in the Paradox forums. The ruler DLC is still not up on Steam which causes lots of raging 'I want to give steam my monies' posts and the GG people who do have the DLC are hating on it. Apparantly you can't just edit a noble but have to redesign him from the start. With all the nerfs Paradox designed to keep people from making godly nobles for themselves. The nerdrage is hilarious.

Am nerdraging myself at the moment at Wiz ruining his mod by trying to balance everything and all in some aspergian quest for perfection and tranquility. Guy is cutting out whole segments of the game (flanking, attrition, warrior cults and more) because they are 'imbalanced.' I loved the mod and a lot of what he adds is still awesome but I think him trying to perfect it for multiplay is really detrimental. Shame.

XenomorphII

Prophet
I haven't yet. I am fighting the urge to grab it and the DLC (I have more than enough bluecoins to get it so might as well) because I do not believe that my save games would like it very much (and I am so close to my original goals in my LP).

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
am nerdraging myself at the moment at Wiz ruining his mod by trying to balance everything and all in some aspergian quest for perfection and tranquility. Guy is cutting out whole segments of the game (flanking, attrition, warrior cults and more) because they are 'imbalanced.' I loved the mod and a lot of what he adds is still awesome but I think him trying to perfect it for multiplay is really detrimental. Shame.
Agreed. Warrior cults are fairly easy to bring back, just add their lines from vanilla's buildings.txt to CK2+'s. I've nerfed them a bit myself, as pagans get some basic buildings as a 'replacement'. Attrition is easily doable too, I think, just more tiresome. Didn't know he cut flanks, how does fighting work now then?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'll post my impressions on the new patch and DLC during the weekend, I can't play CK2 until then.

EDIT: Ran a test of the Ruler Designer. It's nice, though Pdox forumgoers whining about it being impossible to powergame with it is a load of bull. it didn't take me long to figure out the optimum combination for a would-be conquering madman who starts at 17 years old but comes packing 20 Martial and Genius trait.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I played a BIT and first thing I noticed is mass pagan rape. Like, right away from the start. I liked the previous aspect of this more.

Also its way harder to conquer anything as a smaller power now due to wars being joinable.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
Steam and Paradox having 'timing issues' is nothing new. I'm not sure why these two companies can't synchronize their watches or whatever, but that shit is annoying. Steam seems like it's been better with Paradox patches recently.

The ruler DLC is still not up on Steam which causes lots of raging 'I want to give steam my monies' posts and the GG people who do have the DLC are hating on it. Apparantly you can't just edit a noble but have to redesign him from the start. With all the nerfs Paradox designed to keep people from making godly nobles for themselves. The nerdrage is hilarious.

Wait... that Design-A-Noble DLC wasn't just an April Fool's joke...

Ugh.

Multi-headed Cow

The patch will fuck up your savegame.
WHAT. God damn it. Don't tell me the glorious kingdom of Ireland is lost forever!

Edit: Well my game seems to load and seems to be working, so if it's fucked up it's fucked up in some subtle way. Though I swear my queen's face changed. And I'm not sure but I think my house's coat of arms is different. Could just be I never really paid attention to 'em before the patch though.

Vaarna_Aarne

I played a BIT and first thing I noticed is mass pagan rape. Like, right away from the start. I liked the previous aspect of this more.

Also its way harder to conquer anything as a smaller power now due to wars being joinable.
Yea, they dropped the Warrior Cult building to a largely useless status now. Gee whiz, Christians sure needed things easier. Didn't waste time putting the old values for the building back in.

Also, how does joining wars work? Does the AI just randomly join wars against you if you're their neighbour? This is for my own future reference.

Tigranes

Arcane
Working until the DLC releases, then I'll go home and start a new game. Will post impressions afterwards.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
It's nice that they added the ticking warscore for Independence Wars. However, in my experience, the reason HRE and BE are so indestructible, is that their vassals seem to prefer trying to depose the emperor instead of breaking away. I've been using Vaarna_Aarne's fix for my current game, and while it does make most of the world periodically crumble into a bunch of random duchies, both the empires are as strong as ever. Occasionally you see a kingdom break away, but it gets absorbed back in shortly. The few times I've seen BE fall apart, it was as an effect of a plot to depose the Basileus, and it returned to normal the moment the war would end. Maybe the AI just likes deposing emperors?

Also, I don't know how smart the AI is with educating its children, but with guardians always passing their main trait to their wards, it could make a line of superhuman emperors even easier to achieve. Which sucks, because nothing breaks an empire like an inbred retard on the throne.

Tigranes

Arcane
So, the one time I had to buy on the shitscum that is Steam because paypal was being an arse, Steam decides it's going to not release the DLC today for no reason. *facepalm*

Multi-headed Cow

There might be some weird stuff going on with the patch. It seems I can't mousewheel to scroll through the list of available women to arrange marriage, and it doesn't seem to pause when events pop up any longer. No idea if it's just because I'm playing a 1.04 save or if this stuff is just broken now.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
There might be some weird stuff going on with the patch. It seems I can't mousewheel to scroll through the list of available women to arrange marriage, and it doesn't seem to pause when events pop up any longer. No idea if it's just because I'm playing a 1.04 save or if this stuff is just broken now.

Seems to be flat out broken, because you're not the only one having these issues.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
eJYsJ.jpg

The patch really fucked up my game. Every single person is becoming a spy once they hit 16. Every person in the game is a spy now. This is totally crazy! I think they've got a lot of stuff to iron out and add before the game becomes super good, but until then, I'm playing with the Broken Kingdoms mod, which lets you form your own titular kingdoms out of duchies, and the mod that splits up every kingdom into independent counties.

So does Rome eventually become a de jure part of the titular Papacy title after 100 years? Do titular titles eventually become de jure if they hold duchies long enough? The idea of non-static borders is super cool and adds a lot to the game, I think.

Umbra Spherae, the mod that adds in the rest of the old world to the game, is the mod I'm most looking forward to. Way outside the scope of the game and it'll probably suck, but who cares. I want to play as Sri Lanka or some crappy Indian kingdom.

Vaarna_Aarne

It's nice that they added the ticking warscore for Independence Wars. However, in my experience, the reason HRE and BE are so indestructible, is that their vassals seem to prefer trying to depose the emperor instead of breaking away. I've been using Vaarna_Aarne's fix for my current game, and while it does make most of the world periodically crumble into a bunch of random duchies, both the empires are as strong as ever. Occasionally you see a kingdom break away, but it gets absorbed back in shortly. The few times I've seen BE fall apart, it was as an effect of a plot to depose the Basileus, and it returned to normal the moment the war would end. Maybe the AI just likes deposing emperors?

Also, I don't know how smart the AI is with educating its children, but with guardians always passing their main trait to their wards, it could make a line of superhuman emperors even easier to achieve. Which sucks, because nothing breaks an empire like an inbred retard on the throne.
I am thinking about adding a penalty modifier for BE for the first hundred years or so (and making the title titular), and making HRE so that Crown Authority, Feudal Levies, Taxes and so on are next to impossible to raise above minimum, not to mention making changing Elective even harder (and of course, removing the ridiculous bonuses of Elective).

Trash

Pointing and laughing.

That's nothing. Wait untill you find out what happened to education.

Everyone is being intrigue educated. Everyone.

Multi-headed Cow

Just noticed that. WELP. There went the game I was playing the most of the past week or two.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Does this just affect saved games? Or has it fucked up new games as well? Steam updated my CKII copy even though I didn't buy it from there.

Kayerts

Arcane
I think it's just saved games. Also, I briefly checked the Pdox forums, and it looks like this:

pdox_mob.png

So there's a decent chance there will be a hotfix for the save game issue.

Edit:

Patch notes foretell a huge rape of muslims with the new crusade system. I doubt they will balance it successfully - crusades targeting kingdoms AND a more unified crusade front? Say hello to 100+k armies at least.

Looks like we were right. Paradox forums have reports of the entire Muslim world being wiped out by 1300. Apparently this will enrage the Pope when he tries to declare a crusade but can't find a Muslim target, so instead he channels Kharn and declares a jihad upon a Christian target. The Holy Father turns out to be a total bro.

Multi-headed Cow

Hopefully my world isn't too fucked with everyone going intrigue. Might have an autosave before 1.05 or something. May lose some time, but eh.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
In my fledgeling mod attempts I've run into a few questions regarding adding mercenaries and holy orders. It seems pretty forward as you can add the titles in landed_titles.txt and the company and troop numbers in static_modifiers.txt. Then add their names to the *.csv and it should be done as far as I can tell. If you want to get fancy you might even copy-paste the events regarding holy orders with the new names and titles added and they should work as they do for the templars and hospitalers.

What I don't get however is where I can find and edit the values for cost and upkeep. Nor can I find the trigger that controls in what year a holy order becomes available. Anyone who knows?

In the latest patch Paradox has also nerfed the Warrior Cult building leading to the poor Pagans being assraped almost immediately. I figured it would be an easy fix to just return the values to 1.04 settings in the building.txt. I am however unable to find it there. Seeing as how I'm a noob at all this I'm probably either overlooking it or am looking in the complete wrong place for it. Could anyone offer any help? Thanks!

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
That's strange, are you sure you can't find it? it's right there in the buldings.txt. if somehow it vanished, here's a copy, just improve the soldier values
Code:
    #Warrior Cult, special pagan building that gives more infantry to pagans
    ca_warrior_cult = {
        auto_add_at_year = 10
        potential = {
            FROM = {
                religion_group = pagan_group
                NOT = {
                    any_liege = {
                        NOT = { religion_group = pagan_group }
                    }
                }
            }
            religion_group = pagan_group
        }
        build_cost = 10
        build_time = 60
        light_infantry = 120
        heavy_infantry = 40
        archers = 40
        ai_creation_factor = 300 #AI should always build this if it can
    }

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom