Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Wise Emperor

Arcane
Took Legacy of Rome, sprite pack and some music for 2 euros. Hopefully, they will soon make some sale for Asstechs.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You need to get the portrait packs if you want to use BLC, so they've got use right there. Besides, then your Ethiopian kniggas don't look surprisingly like sand people.

Renegen

Arcane
Nice to see the DLCs are finally on sale, I waited so long for this, damn Gamersgate and their lack of CK2 sales.

Renegen

Arcane
First game of CK2 in a longtime. I start with some duke in Macedonia. The war with the Seljuks you start with goes badly, we lose 3 duchies. A few years later we lose half of Anatolia. A few years later the Fatimids attack and they take all of Greece and most of Anatolia in 1 casus belli (30 territories) when they only controlled around 8. I lose all my hard work, except for 1 county. I painfully crawl back up to get a duchy but there's a king of Serbia and he uses de jure casus belli to just take my lands instead of say, forcing me to be his vassal. Luckily I still have 1 lousy family member somewhere but I just GG.

Damn casus bellis, I mean how is it possible that in 2 wars the Seljuks take 15 territories and in 1 war the Fatimids take 30?

XenomorphII

Prophet
First game of CK2 in a longtime. I start with some duke in Macedonia. The war with the Seljuks you start with goes badly, we lose 3 duchies. A few years later we lose half of Anatolia. A few years later the Fatimids attack and they take all of Greece and most of Anatolia in 1 casus belli (30 territories) when they only controlled around 8. I lose all my hard work, except for 1 county. I painfully crawl back up to get a duchy but there's a king of Serbia and he uses de jure casus belli to just take my lands instead of say, forcing me to be his vassal. Luckily I still have 1 lousy family member somewhere but I just GG.

Damn casus bellis, I mean how is it possible that in 2 wars the Seljuks take 15 territories and in 1 war the Fatimids take 30?

Muslims get the "Invasion" causus belli (targets King tier titles and their lands) against anyone not of their faith (so Sunni and Shia can target each other, but I don't think a Shia can target a Shia for instance). The only requirement for it (as far as I know) is that you need something like 500 piety (surprisingly easy to get with Muslims). It makes me rage sometimes, and is also why (if I start in the BE) I help my liege fight off the initial invasion of the Seljuks (usually the Fatmids won't try anything for awhile if that fails).

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Muslims get the "Invasion" causus belli (targets King tier titles and their lands) against anyone not of their faith (so Sunni and Shia can target each other, but I don't think a Shia can target a Shia for instance). The only requirement for it (as far as I know) is that you need something like 500 piety (surprisingly easy to get with Muslims). It makes me rage sometimes, and is also why (if I start in the BE) I help my liege fight off the initial invasion of the Seljuks (usually the Fatmids won't try anything for awhile if that fails).
Hmmmmmm, maybe I should set some geographical limits to this?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
So if I have all my CK2 stuff on Steam(only missing LoR), there is no point grabbing it off GG for $1.25, correct? They won't be compatible? If so, that's a shame, but I guess the Steam holidays are coming up.

mondblut

Arcane
How is the legacy of rome dlc ?

It has retinues which are great. No more dismissing troops to declare another war, yay. Also, reestablishment of roman empire (only as greek faggots) and mending the great schism (only as orthodox faggots). Some other boosts and events for greek faggots, but I am not going to play as faggots so I can't pass judgement.

It's about time they did some expansion about non-faggots really. Who wants those greeks and mudslims? Not I.

mondblut

Arcane
Well, till now, my game was totally unstable, broken and with graphic glitches after 1.07, without LoR installed. So I'm asking about stability.

Huh? CK2 runs nearly flawlessly for me, I hardly had a single crash since 1.05 or so. That's funny comparing it to HoI3 which I can't even run 9 times out of 10 without rebooting first.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Legacy of Rome seems like a good deal for $1.25.

Damn it Paradox, you've sucked me back in.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Legacy is worth that. Even if you don't play as the Greeks, the retinues are nice, and if you ever do play Greek it makes it more interesting.

Also, yeah, Aztecs can suck my balls.
I do not have it and I am not having any issues with 1.08 (though I haven't played a huge amount since the update), and it does add some very much needed fixes (hundreds of lowborn generals I am looking at you).

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is there a mod for the retarded AI? The pope just declared a crusade for Greece (BE got kicked pretty hard by muslim hordes) and landlocked countries that joined can't embark their armies, so they raise all levies and just stand there. Its pretty stupid.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Wait what, cant they just march there on foot? It never was a problem unless they are from British Isles, then indeed they wouldnt be able to reach if the arent coastal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom