Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Is there a mod for the retarded AI? The pope just declared a crusade for Greece (BE got kicked pretty hard by muslim hordes) and landlocked countries that joined can't embark their armies, so they raise all levies and just stand there. Its pretty stupid.
Recent patches have prioritised the defence of the capital. Not sure I agree.

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wait what, cant they just march there on foot? It never was a problem unless they are from British Isles, then indeed they wouldnt be able to reach if the arent coastal.

I think they are some of the landlocked counties in the British Isles, yes.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
Are there any new mechanics added by the Aztecs DLC (like retinues for LOR)? If that's the case, I might get the dlc and just download a mod that would disable those mexicans.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Are there any new mechanics added by the Aztecs DLC (like retinues for LOR)? If that's the case, I might get the dlc and just download a mod that would disable those mexicans.
As far as I remember, it was supposed to be just an Aztec invasion in Western Europe to parallel the Mongols in the East. No new mechanics.

Vaarna_Aarne

Alright, got busy today and did all the groundwork about geography, cultures, CBs (Raid and Unification), religions (Finnish Paganism now stops in Bjarmia, after that it's Tengriism all the way), titles and name files. Warrior Cult has also been improved (around original levels from way back) to make Pagan conquest properly start in 12th century when Holy Orders start dropping in (this thing is to be tested though). Next I'll just have to start adding events and decisions as I go.

Here's the updated list of name files (paging GreyViper GarfunkeL et al for suggested additions):

Finnish (fusion culture presenting ancient Baltic Finns, from Livonians to Karelians):

finno_ugric = {
graphical_culture = easterngfx

# Finnish is a generic culture for representing the various Baltic Finns from around Estonia and Finland
finnish = {
graphical_culture = ugricgfx

color = { 0.1 0.6 0.6 }

male_names = {
Ahma Aimo Arvo Asikko Haapa Havu Into Jalo Jurva Kaleva Kalevi Kettu Kolli Lalli
Lempi Menikko Mielikko Mielitty Miemo Oiva Onni Otso Päiviö Rauha Reko Satajalka Satatieto Seppo Susi Tapani
Terho Toikka Toivo Tuokki Ukko Uoti Uolevi Urho Väinö Villi Voitto
Kalervo Kullervo Untamo Ahti Ilmari
Kaukomieli Ikämieli Unto Leino Keihäri Kalpa Nuolia Utujoutsi
Ako Lembitu Kaupo Urtti Kirmu Kirmukarmu
}

female_names = {
Aamu Aino Hellä Helmi Ilta Käpy Kielo Kukka Läpsä Lauha Lempi Mahla Maija Marja Mesi Metta Päivä Päivi Pihla Pilvi Pyry Rauha Sati
Sisko Suoma Taimi Terhi Tuija Tuovi Tuuli Tuulikki Tyyne Tyyni Vanamo Venla
Hellikki Ihalempi Ihamuoto Ilma Miela Toivelempi Kulta Kyllikki Tellervo
}

from_dynasty_prefix = "of "

male_patronym = "npoika"
female_patronym = "ntytär"
prefix = no # The patronym is added as a suffix

# Chance of male children being named after their paternal or maternal grandfather, or their father. Sum must not exceed 100.
pat_grf_name_chance = 10
mat_grf_name_chance = 10
father_name_chance = 0

# Chance of female children being named after their paternal or maternal grandmother, or their mother. Sum must not exceed 100.
pat_grm_name_chance = 10
mat_grm_name_chance = 10
mother_name_chance = 0

modifier = default_culture_modifier
}

Mordvin (repurposed Ugric Baltic):

ugricbaltic = {

color = { 0.3 0.7 0.7 }

male_names = {
Altocumulus Andyamo Chichayka Dergun Deryab Dobrinya Inzhay Kezhapa Kezhay Kezhedey Kezhevat Kichay Malyaka Malyy Meltsayka Mordvinko
Nalka Nuyaksha Nuyanza Nuyat Ovtay Pakstyan Paksyay Paksyut Parush Pivtsay Pokshayka Putyayka Setyamka Shindyay Syrka Tikshayka
Tyuey Uchva Varaka Vechkas Velmayka Virdyan Viryas Viryay
Purgaz Obram Osh Obran Tyuey-kezhut Inmar Chumbulat Tyushtya Ilya Boltush
}
female_names = {
Anava Ashava Asrava Azra-Va Chechama Chenksa Cherava Chichayka Chindyapa Chindyayka Chinzhay Chitska Elyuva Inyava Kanyava Kanyuva
Kirdyava Kunava Kunyavka Litava Liyava Mazava Megurka Mel'shay Nezayka Nulzyava Nyal'ka Nyayka Olota Ordava Oshama Parava Pekshayka
Pemka Pokshava Poshayka Potekay Potyava Putyayka Ravzhava Ruzava Sanal'ka Sangasa Sernyava Serzhay Setyamka Seyamka Shonzhava
Shukshtoroyka Sinyava Siyamka Slyugan'ka Sochava Styaka Syryava Tatka Tekay Tetyava Tikshayka Toyaksha Tundava Tundya Unzhutka Upurga
Utyayka Valdava Vergava Vezhav Vidyava Virtyava Yalgava
}

}

Komi:

komi = {

color = { 0.3 0.75 0.75 }

male_names = {
Altocumulus Andyamo Chichayka Dergun Deryab Dobrinya Inzhay Kezhapa Kezhay Kezhedey Kezhevat Kichay Malyaka Malyy Meltsayka Mordvinko
Nalka Nuyaksha Nuyanza Nuyat Ovtay Pakstyan Paksyay Paksyut Parush Pivtsay Pokshayka Putyayka Setyamka Shindyay Syrka Tikshayka
Tyueykezhut Uchva Varaka Vechkas Velmayka Virdyan Viryas Viryay
Oshkys Stepan Kudym-Osh Jirkap Peko Dubanga Icha
}
female_names = {
Anava Ashava Asrava Azra-Va Chechama Chenksa Cherava Chichayka Chindyapa Chindyayka Chinzhay Chitska Elyuva Inyava Kanyava Kanyuva
Kirdyava Kunava Kunyavka Litava Liyava Mazava Megurka Mel'shay Nezayka Nulzyava Nyal'ka Nyayka Olota Ordava Oshama Parava Pekshayka
Pemka Pokshava Poshayka Potekay Potyava Putyayka Ravzhava Ruzava Sanal'ka Sangasa Sernyava Serzhay Setyamka Seyamka Shonzhava
Shukshtoroyka Sinyava Siyamka Slyugan'ka Sochava Styaka Syryava Tatka Tekay Tetyava Tikshayka Toyaksha Tundava Tundya Unzhutka Upurga
Palad' Ul'lana
}

}

Ob-Ugric (new culture added to represent the Finno-Ugrics living in Cuman area):

obugric = {

color = { 0.3 0.75 0.80 }

male_names = {
Tyueykezhut Uchva Varaka Vechkas Velmayka Virdyan Viryas Viryay
}
female_names = {
}

}

As once can see, I'm currently forced to use the Baltic Ugric namefile as a basis for most of the Eastern Finno-Ugrics due to the scarcity of material about their names prior to Russification.

Vaarna_Aarne

It's not like there are records anyway. On the off-chance there were, the Swedes destroyed all of them at the very least by 14th century when they were fabricating their first crusade as history. I really just wanted people to toss in a few name suggestions if they know some local folk stories.

Anyway, it seems to be working nicely right now. Sadly, the culture files make it so that I can't use BLC off the bat, so I'll probably try integrating it tomorrow (not sure if I should, it would make certain DLCs mandatory).

On another note, I've always been pretty proud about my work correcting the Eastern border of the Rus Principalities (no more Nizhny Novgorod 200 years ahead of schedule) and setting religions more accurate (no, I don't think those Mordvins way out there had the same religion as Baltic Finns, Paradox).

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
You should connect your names so an Ob-Ugric Altocumulus counts for regnal purposes as a Mordvin Altocumulus. Was Altocumulus really a Finnish name?

GreyViper

Prophet
Im in the same situation like GarfunkeL, not that much info to go around and you have coverd most of the important ones. Off hand Kalle, Linda, Sulev ja Meelis come to mind.

Vaarna_Aarne

You should connect your names so an Ob-Ugric Altocumulus counts for regnal purposes as a Mordvin Altocumulus. Was Altocumulus really a Finnish name?
No (that one might be an English transliteration though, since ancient Finno-Ugrics used many objects and feelings as names as well), most of the original Baltic Ugric namefile is distinctly Eastern. The reason I have to rely on it is that the Eastern Finno-Ugrics have very different names from those of Baltic Finns and Lapps. The last line with both Komi and Mordvin namefiles are the real historical and old mythical names I managed to dig up.

I wonder when the baronies of Kingissepp and Volgostroy will be finally gone from the map :lol:
Explain.

Im in the same situation like GarfunkeL, not that much info to go around and you have coverd most of the important ones. Off hand Kalle, Linda, Sulev ja Meelis come to mind.
Kalle is a name adopted from Sweden. Added Meelis and Linda though.

After testing today that everything works out, I'll post the updated 1.08 starting point version.

mondblut

Arcane

The "barony" of Kingisepp was named after the estonian bolshevik leader (also, the real town is not in "Torzhok" but in "Vodi", about midway between Petersburg and very close to Narva actually). Its historical name is Yam.

The "barony" of Volgostroy (meaning Volgo-build) is a generic soviet name for newly established worker towns, typically to host slaves hoisted up for massive building projects. Won't bother searching for it, but I can bet in advance it was established somewhere in 30s or 50s as a concentration camp for the builders of some hydroelectric dam on the Volga.

It's like having the province of Leningrad in the older EU. In 1500s, yeah. Paradox cannot into placename research.

Vaarna_Aarne

The "barony" of Kingisepp was named after the estonian bolshevik leader (also, the real town is not in "Torzhok" but in "Vodi", about midway between Petersburg and Narva).

The "barony" of Volgostroy (meaning Volgo-build) is a generic soviet name for newly established worker towns, typically to host slaves hoisted up for massive building projects. Won't bother searching for it, but I can bet in advance it was established somewhere in 30s or 50s as a concentration camp for the builders of some hydroelectric dam on the Volga.

It's like having the province of Leningrad in the older EU. In 1500s, yeah. Paradox cannot into placename research.
Hey, their Russian borders in CK2 are already seriously fuck-up-mang, seeing how Nizhny Novgorod exist and has Russians 200 years before that was the case (that's the glaring example). Anyway, I'll see if this stuff is easily fixed.

EDIT: Also, do you guys WANT Better Looking Characters to be integrated?

EDIT2: On second look, reached conclusion that BLC was irrelevant and didn't really add anything worthwhile.

EDIT3: Tests today indicated that there's a major problem with crusades against pagans: Namely, all Pagans are conquered within 20 years of gamestart. As a countermeasure, I've actually had to raise Warrior Cult HIGHER than the original values from CK2 release version of the building, and might have to raise even further if Pagan conquest in earnest starts before 13th century.

mondblut

Arcane
Hey, their Russian borders in CK2 are already seriously fuck-up-mang, seeing how Nizhny Novgorod exist and has Russians 200 years before that was the case (that's the glaring example). Anyway, I'll see if this stuff is easily fixed.

Given the "Vodi" has been swedish half the time, they could do at least some research. Why Nyen (early 17 century) and not Landskrona at exact same spot (1300)? Why Noteborg (called so after swedish conquest in, again, 17 century) and not Oreshek as before 17 century? WTF is "Ivanovskaya", a random minor village pulled out of the thousands which are there that probably did not exist 200 years ago, when there are so many famous old fortresses like Izborsk, Koporje or the abovementioned Yam around.

But using soviet placenames trumps it all. Fucking Kingisepp. Fucking Kingisepp my ass.

As for fixing, I guess you could painlessly change displayed names for baronies and above in localization csvs.

Vaarna_Aarne

Daily testing:

Still tweaking Warrior Cult, in anticipation I added a special line to it that prevents Mongols from making use of it (you know, due to Doomstacks and so on). I'm fairly sure that currently the building should be able to dissuade the AI from trying to absorb the pagan nations too early.

EDIT: Also, thinking about reinstating hardcapped minimum crown authority and zero authority over feudal vassals for the Holy Roman Empire.

Vaarna_Aarne

http://www.filedropper.com/kalevalamod

Here's the current working version. No events yet, but the groundwork is largely done. I removed the relationship bonuses from Elective, making it not as stupidly good as it was before.

I would appreciate feedback regarding how well the AI pagans and Christians hang around. The idea would be that the Baltic pagans are conquered around 1200 or as Holy Orders become available.

Vaarna_Aarne

Just made the Christian conversion event for Romuva and Suomenusko pagans. The event should start firing after 1250, and largely follows after the Mongol conversion events to prevent Total Fucking Disaster on conversion. Only rulers can get the event, and every Christian province speeds up the chance of the event to fire. Mean time is 360 months. The event itself is multiple choice, giving the options to choose between Catholic, Orthodox and sticking to the pagan faith (last option gives 200 Prestige and Piety). The event can fire only once per ruler, so your inbred bastard offspring can rethink daddy's policy.

Incidentally, it seems that preventing Mongol access to the Warrior Cult building worked, and thanks to Raid CB they aren't all over the damn place due to now having more than invading to do.

Vaarna_Aarne

Anyway, here's the event for those who want a peek at or put it in:

character_event = {
id = 2000000
title = "EVTNAME2000000"
desc = "EVTDESC2000000"
picture = "GFX_Pagan_dolmen"
border = "GFX_event_normal_frame_war"
# major = yes

trigger = {
holder_scope = {
OR = {
religion = baltic_pagan
religion = finnish_pagan
religion = norse_pagan
}
NOT = { trait = zealous }
}
year = 1200
war = no
independent = yes
}

mean_time_to_happen = {
months = 480
modifier = {
factor = 0.90
any_demesne_province = {
is_capital = yes
religion = catholic
}
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.90
any_demesne_province = {
is_capital = yes
religion = orthodox
}
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.99
any_demesne_province = {
religion_group = christian
}
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.90
year = 1250
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.90
year = 1300
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.90
year = 1320
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.90
year = 1340
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.90
year = 1360
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.90
year = 1380
}
modifier = {
factor = 10000.00
year = 1400
}
}

option = { # Catholic
name = "EVTOPTA2000000"
religion = catholic
capital_scope = {
religion = catholic
}
any_realm_character = {
limit = { religion_group = pagan_group }
religion = catholic
if = {
limit = {
capital_scope = {
religion_group = pagan_group
}
}
capital_scope = {
religion = catholic
}
}
}
}
option = { # Orthodox
name = "EVTOPTB2000000"
religion = orthodox
capital_scope = {
religion = orthodox
}
any_realm_character = {
limit = { religion_group = pagan_group }
religion = orthodox
if = {
limit = {
capital_scope = {
religion_group = pagan_group
}
}
capital_scope = {
religion = orthodox
}
}
}
}
option = { # Refusal
name = "EVTOPTC2000000"
prestige = 200
piety = 200
add_trait = zealous
}
# Other rulers are informed
# option = {
# name = "EVTOPTD2000000"
# trigger = {
# religion_group = muslim
# NOT = { has_landed_title = THIS }
# }
# }
# option = {
# trigger = {
# religion_group = christian
# }
# }
# option = {
# trigger = {
# religion_group = pagan_group
# }
# }
}

oscar

Arcane
There was a pretty fun one about a cool alternate history where:

• Hellenism was much more stubborn in its grip. The Diadokhoi managed to hold on to some areas from the Seleukidai in Antioch to the Indohellenic kingdoms.
  • The Roman Empire was not as succesful as in our reality and had to settle for being the titular overlord of many vassal states - from the Kingdom of Siracusa to Palmyra.
  • Christianity was never adopted as the official religion of the Eastern Empire, where the cult of Sol Invictus held sway. Christianity became the religion of the West and assorted Barbarian invaders.
  • Arianism and other heresies managed to thrive.
  • Muslim expansion was not as succesful as in our reality. The Muslims were stopped in Syria by the Romans and could not conquer Sassanid Iran. Their North African campaigns were met with only limited success, Vandal Carthage and Christian Numidia surviving their attacks.
  • Crusading happened earlier than in our reality, with the Pope launching several holy wars. Jerusalem and other Crusader states already exist.
  • Charlemagne was not as successful either. His Empire was a mere shadow soon broken into successor states. The Sacral Karling Emperor in Aachen is a ruler of nothing. Nobles bow to him, but snicker behind his back.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?612823-MOD-Lux-Invicta

Vaarna_Aarne

Next up on list of stuff to do:

CHILD SACRIFICE!

Well, not exactly child sacrifice, but rather an event representing certain religious laws of Finnish pagans of old. Namely, that deformed and bastard children were thrown in the marsh/river/pond/lake as the means of execution. As a related event, I have to get around to making serious repercussions for having inbred children (as in that parents are forced to commit suicide), along with the usual "toss the baby in the swamp" element.

mondblut

Arcane
I found a bug with a certain portrait and managed to fix it:

K3l7w.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom