Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Wise Emperor

Arcane
Italian faces DLC, Republic sprites pack DLC, Dynasty shields #54 DLC incoming. I bet Pagan DLC will be one of the last one. Sooner we will see Theocracy/Heresy DLC and Machette Rape Squads Invasion DLC.
Hopefully they add some flavour events/mechanics to Catholic countries, because I don't give single shit about republics.

mondblut

Arcane
Well, I do have a certain fondness for merchant republics. Patrician, Merchant Prince, buying those stupid feudal brutes lock, stock and barrel, that sounds ok. Much better than suicide bombing for allagh, that's for sure. And building outposts anywhere you want? I sense delightful exploitation and overpower ahead. I wonder if I can convert my empire to serenissmo republic now %)

mondblut

Arcane
I wonder if I can convert my empire to serenissmo republic now %)

From Tripjacks link: "Feudal lords cannot switch over to Republican style gameplay"

So the answer is "No" probably.

How about annexing HRE as Venice or Hansa then? :smug: I hope there is going to be an imperial-level republic title. Painting the world one color wouldn't be as fun if you have to handhold all those Serene Republics personally, without the Most Serene Republics of England, Aquitaine and so on to handle day to day affairs.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
From what I read this "expansion" doesnt give almost any new features other than those trade posts. Not worth it.

Tigranes

Arcane
After spending $10 each on 2 DLCs I hardly played, I guess I'm waiting for the Super Ultimate Deluxe Pack to go on $10 sale.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
For the time period it's pretty bizarre that they'd focus on Norse first and foremost, considering Finnic pagans around the Baltic were around for several hundred years longer and relevant to the powerplays between Scandinavians and Novgorod. Hopefully DLC covers pagans in general and is named solely because most people wouldn't understand what a DLC named Perkele Perkele Perkele Perkele Perkele would be about.

Nobody gives a toss about finland vaarne.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
First we got some aztec invasion as a fantasy DLC, and now I will be able to play as the Genoa Republic.:incline: of Paradox.

aleph

Arcane
I really hope they make a theocracy dlc one day, forming the kingdom of god or a detailed latin empire would be nice

finland... hmm, isn't finland, that swedish province that got conquered by russia?

mondblut

Arcane
For the time period it's pretty bizarre that they'd focus on Norse first and foremost, considering Finnic pagans around the Baltic were around for several hundred years longer and relevant to the powerplays between Scandinavians and Novgorod. Hopefully DLC covers pagans in general and is named solely because most people wouldn't understand what a DLC named Perkele Perkele Perkele Perkele Perkele would be about.

Exactly. Finnic and baltic pagans are just free land for Sweden, Denmark, Poland, HRE or ruskie, whoever acts first, to grab. And hardly anyone wants them as anything else.

Norse pagans, on the other hand, are OOOOOOOODHIIIIIIIIIIINNNN!!! I can even take horned helmets if they have raping and plundering with them.

Not to mention the norsemen are a good cause to wind the clock backwards, which is beyond awesome. And the balts, meh, their only claim to glory was to keep the teutonic order busy. Vikings >>>>>>>>>>>>> lithuanians.

Then again, there are many voices who want Tengrist focus. Bleh. As if the mudslims weren't bad enough.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Tested the new portrait bit. Yep, I'm stealing that shit for my own purposes, so in the future my stuff will require it.

Wise Emperor

Arcane
In the first post of Republic thread, there are some screens, but the thing that got my attention is this. Scandinavian face pack? Don't know, but looks a bit like Russian faces, Vaarna_Aarne can you confirm or deny, is it the same? If true, with the incoming Mediterranean face pack, CK2 will have really big collection of portraits.

Vaarna_Aarne

That is a new face, new coat, new hair, and a new hat, the moustache is also new. None of them are in Russia pack.

So, bros, is CKII worth it for multi? How about a glorious codex game?

It is great. We just suck at getting them organized and going regularly.

Sundays should be good I think? Most people should be of then, and it's not like people are going out on Sunday night. Time around 19:00 GMT would allow for both euro/Us to join in for a reasonable time. Could try this Sunday if people are interested, should also post an event of it on the Codex steam group for extra visibility.

Vaarna_Aarne

I *think* my base game is unsullied at the moment. I'm not sure, long ago I did some modding to it and my backup files are still around.

Still, I'm so easily depressed that I don't know if it's a good idea for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom